Google Nexus Page 15

  • Page

    of 53 First / Last

  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 10:26:51
    Nice, now I can't get it started it always ends up on the X logo screen.
    WTF.
    Tried everything I've found on the internet so far, once it entered a strange "fastboot" screen but it still refused to start up properly. Starting to piss me off, it's not like I flashed a custom ROM or something FFS, I just tried to update it.
    /rant over
  • THFourteen 16 Oct 2012 10:29:03 33,247 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can probably use mobile odin to flash a rom back over it from your PC.

    Maybe check the xda forum to see if anyone has the same problem?
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 12:29:05
    Had to reset to factory settings (from the recovery menu) as the tablet would net get past the boot logo.
    Lost every game save.
    So much for this update.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 12:29:28
    Post deleted
  • THFourteen 16 Oct 2012 12:55:07 33,247 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fixing
  • THFourteen 16 Oct 2012 12:56:05 33,247 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    Had to reset to factory settings (from the recovery menu) as the tablet would net get past the boot logo.
    Lost every game save.
    So much for this update.
    oh dear.

    one thing i've always said since moving to an android phone is that the itunes / icloud backup and restore functionality is nothing short of amazing
  • Mageme 17 Oct 2012 10:52:16 2,011 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So with the 4.1.2 update, does that mean I can uninstall the Ultimate Rotation Control app? Annoyed I paid for that now!

    3DS: 5086-1465-9252

  • thefilthandthefury 26 Oct 2012 18:07:45 24,988 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is the screen like for reading books? Is there a lot of glare? I'm trying to decide between one of these and the Kindle Fire HD. I know neither are dedicated to reading, but that will be ONE of the things it's used for.
  • pauleyc 26 Oct 2012 19:00:20 4,452 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yesterday it was the manual, today - pictures. Google Nexus 10 (by Samsung). 2GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, Android 4.2, 1.7 GHz A15 processor with Mali graphics and an absurd resolution of 2560 x 1600.

    http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/26/google-nexus-10-leaks-android-tablet/
    http://phandroid.com/2012/10/26/first-pictures-of-google-and-samsungs-nexus-10-leak/
  • Tonka 27 Oct 2012 11:30:35 20,235 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What happened to that cool looking mediaplayer they were going to releas?

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • eleven63 29 Oct 2012 09:48:56 1,602 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    What is the screen like for reading books? Is there a lot of glare? I'm trying to decide between one of these and the Kindle Fire HD. I know neither are dedicated to reading, but that will be ONE of the things it's used for.
    I've use this, Nexus 7, all the time for reading, Kindle as well as general news, web, this forum, etc - no problem with glare, although it's not as efficient as my Kindle which has zero of course!

    Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

  • thefilthandthefury 29 Oct 2012 18:03:30 24,988 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    eleven63 wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    What is the screen like for reading books? Is there a lot of glare? I'm trying to decide between one of these and the Kindle Fire HD. I know neither are dedicated to reading, but that will be ONE of the things it's used for.
    I've use this, Nexus 7, all the time for reading, Kindle as well as general news, web, this forum, etc - no problem with glare, although it's not as efficient as my Kindle which has zero of course!
    Ah that's good to hear then! Obviously I don't expect it to be quite as good as the Paperwhite but as close as possible is good for me!

    I've actually added the bloody iPad Mini to my 'potential' list now as well. Spent all day reading review after review for all three devices :D
  • uiruki 29 Oct 2012 18:08:26 3,691 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd steer clear of the Kindle Fire if possible - everything I've seen has said that Amazon's custom UI is pretty bad, the Nexus 7 out-specs it internally and when you remove the ads, it's not much of a price difference. The Android Kindle app is pretty good, it works just as quickly and easily as it does on desktop/iOS/eink kindles.
  • DaM 29 Oct 2012 18:41:14 12,996 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's happened to the 32GB Nexus 7, I was expecting that to be announced today.
  • DaM 29 Oct 2012 18:44:26 12,996 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll answer my own question - tomorrow!

    £199 from PC World.

    Ignore the voucher, it's just a shit pc world one, not for the app store

    Might nip down tomorrow lunchtime :)

    Edited by DaM at 18:47:44 29-10-2012

    Edited by DaM at 18:48:57 29-10-2012
  • eleven63 29 Oct 2012 19:15:25 1,602 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    eleven63 wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    What is the screen like for reading books? Is there a lot of glare? I'm trying to decide between one of these and the Kindle Fire HD. I know neither are dedicated to reading, but that will be ONE of the things it's used for.
    I've use this, Nexus 7, all the time for reading, Kindle as well as general news, web, this forum, etc - no problem with glare, although it's not as efficient as my Kindle which has zero of course!
    Ah that's good to hear then! Obviously I don't expect it to be quite as good as the Paperwhite but as close as possible is good for me!

    I've actually added the bloody iPad Mini to my 'potential' list now as well. Spent all day reading review after review for all three devices :D
    Just to update, screen on the N7 is awesome, but in using it today in bright sunlight, at certain angles, you can see yourself reflected in the screen, etc - something you don't get on my bog standard Kindle, and a kindle battery lasts for days of course, but it is just an e-reader only (web browsing is shit for example). Can't comment on the iPad mini, Apple isn't on my radar...

    Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

  • monkman76 29 Oct 2012 20:09:11 4,185 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    £159 for the 16GB version now, nice one.

    Anyone interested in the Nexus 10?
    http://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_16gb&feature=microsite

    £319 for base 16GB model. Only a dual core processor though, when the 7 is quad core?
  • thefilthandthefury 30 Oct 2012 17:29:24 24,988 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    eleven63 wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    eleven63 wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    What is the screen like for reading books? Is there a lot of glare? I'm trying to decide between one of these and the Kindle Fire HD. I know neither are dedicated to reading, but that will be ONE of the things it's used for.
    I've use this, Nexus 7, all the time for reading, Kindle as well as general news, web, this forum, etc - no problem with glare, although it's not as efficient as my Kindle which has zero of course!
    Ah that's good to hear then! Obviously I don't expect it to be quite as good as the Paperwhite but as close as possible is good for me!

    I've actually added the bloody iPad Mini to my 'potential' list now as well. Spent all day reading review after review for all three devices :D
    Just to update, screen on the N7 is awesome, but in using it today in bright sunlight, at certain angles, you can see yourself reflected in the screen, etc - something you don't get on my bog standard Kindle, and a kindle battery lasts for days of course, but it is just an e-reader only (web browsing is shit for example). Can't comment on the iPad mini, Apple isn't on my radar...
    That sounds ok to be honest. Reading outside isn't something I'll do a LOT of anyway.

    The price of that new 32gb Nexus may have just swayed me to be honest, that's an excellent deal!
  • theguy 30 Oct 2012 18:52:50 653 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    £159 for the 16GB version now, nice one.

    Anyone interested in the Nexus 10?
    http://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_16gb&feature=microsite

    £319 for base 16GB model. Only a dual core processor though, when the 7 is quad core?
    The dual core probably performs about on par with the quad core tegra 3.
  • Carlo 30 Oct 2012 19:52:53 18,004 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    £159 for the 16GB version now, nice one.
    I just sold my N7 16GB on Friday for £180 so do I buy a 32GB one like I intended to, or just not bother now I have a Note 2.

    The screen cracking on the N7 really shook my confidence in the hardware.

    PSN ID: Djini

  • chrisno21 31 Oct 2012 14:24:34 1,495 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The nexus 4 phone pricing came as a pleasent surprice £239/£279 for teh 8/16gb respectively. Contract wise the O2 month exclusive (which with Chrismas takes us to the new year in reality) is shocking £36 a month for 2 years and the phone is free (£864).

    Might as well buy the ruddy iphone5.

    Edited by chrisno21 at 14:24:46 31-10-2012

    PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

  • Deleted user 31 October 2012 15:03:21
    The nexus 7 must have the shittest touch screen keyboard ever i make so many fucking mistakes on it its a nightmare.
  • mikew1985 31 Oct 2012 15:07:23 12,672 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you not get a version of swype for it?
  • myk 31 Oct 2012 15:15:50 552 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    espibara wrote:
    The nexus 7 must have the shittest touch screen keyboard ever i make so many fucking mistakes on it its a nightmare.
    I got Thumb Keyboard while it was free on the Amazon store, it seems pretty good with plenty of options and themes.
  • BinaryBob101 31 Oct 2012 15:18:11 22,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @espibara I'm in the market for one of these and have been reading and watching a lot of reviews, they've all pretty much universally praised the keyboard. Could yours be defective in some way?

    Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

  • monkman76 31 Oct 2012 15:20:27 4,185 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Doesn't Android 4.2 have its own version of Swype?
  • Murbal 31 Oct 2012 15:28:05 22,092 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I use Thumb Keyboard which I got for free from Amazon appstore. Not bad.
  • Deleted user 31 October 2012 15:34:43
    @BinaryBob101

    No, the problem i have is that if i'm say typinga 5 letter word it seems to miss how many times i've touched the keyboard giving me 3 or 4 letter word alternatives.

    I've just downloaded swiftkey3 for tablets and its fucking awesome.

    You can tailor the settings and themes and everything, now I'm able to type normally at speed again.



    Nexus 7 is awesome though, especially for reading books and comics/graphic novels on

    Edited by espibara at 15:35:19 31-10-2012
  • mikew1985 31 Oct 2012 15:48:33 12,672 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmm, the 32GB model is really pushing all of my price:shinyness buttons at the moment and I really want to pull the trigger on it.
  • crashVoodoo 31 Oct 2012 17:02:18 3,882 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Hmm, the 32GB model is really pushing all of my price:shinyness buttons at the moment and I really want to pull the trigger on it.
    My mum just picked one up as most places were charging 189 for the 16gb and currys were charging 199 for the 32gb.

    Shes  loving it and has tethered it to her nexus s and is browsing like a champ.

    a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

  • Page

    of 53 First / Last

Log in or register to reply