First up, the Wireless Stereo Headset.
Got it yesterday for a smart equivalent of 67.50 pounds, which I think is the most I'd ever spent on earphones ever. I remember looking at it some time ago and thinking "no bluetooth no sale". I think I forgot about it as I was getting them, though.
Some things about it:
- there's a constant background hiss, audible even above my projector's and PS3's fans, if I listen for it. Not an issue if there's any sound playing.
- it generally mutes outside sound quite well. When my phone started ringing right next to me on my desk, I felt it rather than heard over a firefight in Mass Effect 3.
- it works in Linux (I presume it works on Windows and OS X, because it say so on the box). However, the virtual 7.1 sound field works only with the PS3.
- range is pretty good, I suppose. One brick wall is no problem, two make the sound cut out sometimes, three make it go dead. When it loses the signal, there's a short buzz sound and it just falls silent. Rather elegant, I'll say.
- I look like an idiot wearing it. My ex-gf-turned-my-best-friend told me I looked like the Terminator, but I don't think she knows what a Terminator looks like. Plus, I think she was just being polite.
- the build quality, materials and design are quite good. Typical Sony stuff.
- it's rather hefty, but after playing with it on for a few hours last night, I can say I don't notice it at all after an extended time.
- it charges from USB using a standard mini USB plug. You gotta love them for that.
I'll answer questions, should someone have some.
Flying_Pig > cookies