Turns out Sony makes quite a few of those. Their utility is questionable, so here's a thread to talk about them.|
First up, the Wireless Stereo Headset.
Got it yesterday for a smart equivalent of 67.50 pounds, which I think is the most I'd ever spent on earphones ever. I remember looking at it some time ago and thinking "no bluetooth no sale". I think I forgot about it as I was getting them, though.
Some things about it:
- there's a constant background hiss, audible even above my projector's and PS3's fans, if I listen for it. Not an issue if there's any sound playing.
- it generally mutes outside sound quite well. When my phone started ringing right next to me on my desk, I felt it rather than heard over a firefight in Mass Effect 3.
- it works in Linux (I presume it works on Windows and OS X, because it say so on the box). However, the virtual 7.1 sound field works only with the PS3.
- range is pretty good, I suppose. One brick wall is no problem, two make the sound cut out sometimes, three make it go dead. When it loses the signal, there's a short buzz sound and it just falls silent. Rather elegant, I'll say.
- I look like an idiot wearing it. My ex-gf-turned-my-best-friend told me I looked like the Terminator, but I don't think she knows what a Terminator looks like. Plus, I think she was just being polite.
- the build quality, materials and design are quite good. Typical Sony stuff.
- it's rather hefty, but after playing with it on for a few hours last night, I can say I don't notice it at all after an extended time.
- it charges from USB using a standard mini USB plug. You gotta love them for that.
I'll answer questions, should someone have some.
The General Playstation Accessories Thread
Anyone have a wireless keypad? Always wanted a remote for blu-rays.
I have the two House of the Dead games from PSN and will probably pick the Resident Evil Chronicles collection today, so I thought it might be time to stick somethiing on the Move.
Is it worth picking up either a Move attachment like the Move Shooting Attachment (the pistol) or the Move Sharp Shooter (the sub-machine gun) or do they not really add anything over the naked Move?
X201 17,396 posts
Seen 2 hours ago
Registered 10 years ago
greg_wha wrote:Yep, love it. Makes typing stuff loads easier.
Anyone have a wireless keypad?
kingcrowbar wrote:I've got this comical looking thing, works great and gives you a more comfortable (realistic) grip.
Is it worth picking up either a Move attachment like the Move Shooting Attachment (the pistol)
@X201 I'm sure; just looks a little cumbersome to me!
chrisno21 1,753 posts
Seen 6 minutes ago
Registered 8 years ago
The sharpshooter is cumbersome, but I love it.
Edited by chrisno21 at 12:50:18 28-06-2012
I'll pretend I'm ecosse for a second and that my role is telling you what's appeared on the front page:
The Move Racing Wheel
My predictions: it'll get lukewarm to good reviews, few will buy it, even fewer games will support it.
It's an impressive piece of engineering, though. Strangely compelling, too.
Edit: now it turns out it was announced during E3? Hmmm, I never noticed.
Edited by dominalien at 07:15:34 30-06-2012
super_monty 56 posts
Seen 1 month ago
Registered 9 years ago
I think the shapshooter only works well with Killzone three.
Certainly does not work well for time crisis and house of dead imo.
Cheers for the opinions everyone, I'll go for the pistol version as I think I'm more likely to to play on the rails stuff than a full on fps. Also I have the HOTD Overkill handcannon for the Wii and it works really nicely.
How on earth is the handlebar mode meant to work on that wheel? Surely it needs to be fixed to something for the throttle to work or it must be so loose that it's effectively just full or nothing.
I just got the Playstation 3D Display. Turns out Sony managed do make something that's outstanding and total crap at the same time. It's as good as DF said last year... if it works. And mine doesn't most of the time. It's working right now, but I spent more than two hours trying to get it to turn on today. It's the blinking red light of death, and a very common one at that, if the US Playstation forums are to be believed. It's really too bad, since it's really, really excellent. And I'm now totally sold on 3D, even with the stupid glasses and laughable resolutions the PS3 manages. Killzone 3 looks stunning, even though it seems to be running at 160x100.
I'm going to try and get it replaced on Monday. It's not really certain I'll succeed; this country is not particularly famous for its good customer service.
Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.