3DS XL announced, coming to Europe July 28th Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Feanor 22 Jun 2012 15:15:25 13,921 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Demo of Theatrhythm is up on the eshop right now (and Kingdom Hearts)
    I'll be getting a 3DS XL by Christmas for Theatrhythm and other games that don't need or use a second stick.

I always thought I'd own a Vita way before I got a 3DS but then Sony Liverpool fucked up Wipeout 2048 by leaving out customizable controls, and now I'm just hoping they port over the 2048 stuff as DLC for Wipeout HD on the PS3.

Edited by Feanor at 15:16:13 22-06-2012
  • dominalien 22 Jun 2012 19:15:19 6,741 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    Demo of Theatrhythm is up on the eshop right now (and Kingdom Hearts)
    I'll be getting a 3DS XL by Christmas for Theatrhythm and other games that don't need or use a second stick.

I always thought I'd own a Vita way before I got a 3DS but then Sony Liverpool fucked up Wipeout 2048 by leaving out customizable controls, and now I'm just hoping they port over the 2048 stuff as DLC for Wipeout HD on the PS3.
    What's wrong with Wipeout's controls?

PSN: DonOsito

• J.C 22 Jun 2012 19:33:35 1,258 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Incredible. so many of you here are just excepting this bullshit, and getting one. no charger no second stick same low res screen and the price of the thing is madness!!!!! i only use mine to watch stupid 3d videos when im not playing cut the rope etc on my new mobile. fuck you nintendo :)
  • Kay 22 Jun 2012 19:48:07 17,402 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Why didn't they include the second stick? Nintendo baffle me most of the time.
    It's a peripheral that's only used for about three games, doesn't make sense to fragment their market this soon.
  • dominalien 22 Jun 2012 20:04:04 6,741 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    It's a peripheral that's only used for about three games, doesn't make sense to fragment their market this soon.
    TBH, it doesn't make sense to fragment your market ever.

PSN: DonOsito

• Kay 22 Jun 2012 20:52:05 17,402 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, they sort of did that with the DSi, but that came about 4 years after the DS. No doubt they'll release a revision with the second analogue down the line, but that'll come later when more games start to support the second stick, and 3DS sales start to drop.
  • mal 22 Jun 2012 21:13:17 21,942 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be fair, not including a second stick is a bit of a fuck you to Capcom. Heh.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• THFourteen 22 Jun 2012 21:38:11 31,799 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think they probably don't give a shit bout the second analogue stick.
  • mikew1985 22 Jun 2012 21:49:58 12,043 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    If anything, the sooner you fragment the market the better.

They're not going to ever add a second stick now though, sales have picked up enough for them to justify their initial retarded decision.
  • Feanor 22 Jun 2012 22:32:02 13,921 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    dominalien wrote:What's wrong with Wipeout's controls?
    Being forced to use X for Thrust and not being able to do this.

Wipeout HD controls

Edited by Feanor at 15:15:17 24-06-2012
  • lavalant 22 Jun 2012 23:42:48 1,249 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got my pre-order put in, I think it's a great machine, certainly has a brighter future than the Vita and I'm thinking I'll be playing this more than any of my main consoles as the games look pretty decent, old school resi, paper mario, old style castlevani. Shame they couldn't throw a USB charger in with it.
  • DFawkes 22 Jun 2012 23:54:13 22,056 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that "no charger" thing was unconfirmed for Europe so far?

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• CosmicFuzz 23 Jun 2012 01:09:39 21,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EG article on prices says no charger for EU.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• DFawkes 23 Jun 2012 01:49:51 22,056 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The article on prices says no such thing :p

The original announcement article wasn't updated when it was clear at least the US would be getting a charger. Indeed, most sources that Google bring up have been left untouched despite that new information. I was just wondering if any sources had confirmed definitely for Europe either way so far.

The Telegraph is the only one I've found so far that says no chrager for Europe, but it's the Telegraph - not the best source for gaming news ;) I'm not saying it hasn't been confirmed, of course, just that the sites I usually visit and Google are only throwing up that original information or uncited rumour. I have no doubt there is a good source out there.

Edited by DFawkes at 01:57:24 23-06-2012

• One_Vurfed_Gwrx 23 Jun 2012 04:43:07 507 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    Seems like a pointless hardware revision. Unless Battery length and Screen size were the two biggest complaints about the current 3DS, then I see no point. Hopefully this will drop the price of the regular 3DS as it's coming in at a very competitive price point.
    As a happy DsiXL owner they are two of the three remaining factors that put me off buying a 3DS (the main one is region protection but sadly I don't see that one going anywhere anytime soon). However, the reports on the battery are dubious as it seems barely improved over the standard model from the times listed unlike the DSiXL, which I seem to recall being noticably improved over the vanilla model. . Price of course is key, but I will probably plump for a US model if I get one due to it having more chance of having releases of the games I like (Atlus for one)

I hope the current battery figures listed are wrong and that the real figures are significantly improved (otherwise the smaller model and upcoming nyko extra stick/battery combo thing looks more appealing...)
  • mal 23 Jun 2012 05:44:21 21,942 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that "no charger" thing was unconfirmed for Europe so far?
    This vid seems Europe-specific if you watch to the end, and says no charger. It also says no charging stand - you have to buy that separately and it comes with another power supply.

• PhoenixFlames 23 Jun 2012 06:43:57 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No charger? So erm...how do you charge it?

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Deleted user 23 June 2012 08:08:20
    @PhoenixFlames

The official charger will be sold separately - Nintendo Power Adapter
  • santashi 23 Jun 2012 08:18:11 4,928 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something but does that mean it's impossible to charge up without making a separate purchase? That would be weird, surely. Reminds me of 'batteries not included'.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• elstoof 23 Jun 2012 08:37:23 6,138 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Makes sense to me, I've already got a charger and I don't want another. The one time I did need a new one when I was in the US I bought a USB cable for ten dollars and banged it into one of my many free USB slots.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2012 08:44:30
    santashi wrote:
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something but does that mean it's impossible to charge up without making a separate purchase? That would be weird, surely. Reminds me of 'batteries not included'.
    That's correct. You have to make a separate purchase if you don't already have a spare 3DS, DSi or DSi XL AC adaptor.

I think it's too late for Nintendo to include one in the box now. Retailers might choose to bundle the charger with the console.
  • mrpon 23 Jun 2012 08:45:52 27,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And me, drawer full of the fuckers.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• DFawkes 23 Jun 2012 12:07:16 22,056 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mal wrote:
    This vid seems Europe-specific if you watch to the end, and says no charger. It also says no charging stand - you have to buy that separately and it comes with another power supply.
    That certainly seems conclusive anyway, they're unlikely to go to the effort of translating something to German that doesn't apply to Germany as well as us English speaking European countries. Thank you :)

Edited by DFawkes at 12:09:29 23-06-2012

• lavalant 23 Jun 2012 16:17:06 1,249 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you can get the usb charge cable for 99p off ebay or amazon, it's really not a big deal, only for the poor casual gamers who buy it not realising it.

The price of the standard 3ds has already dropped on some websites.
  • santashi 23 Jun 2012 16:30:21 4,928 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It was the poor casual gamers I was thinking of. :)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Gaol 23 Jun 2012 19:24:41 2,262 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not including a charger doesn't just save Nintendo the cost of the adapter, it also lets them ship one package continent wide.

It's not consumer friendly however, and it looks like the version with the charging cradle is 20 - so that's 200 all in. I expect prices will fall quickly as they won't shift at that level.
  • mal 23 Jun 2012 20:39:47 21,942 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heh, that's still less than I paid for my 3DS originally.

• AaronTurner 23 Jun 2012 22:26:47 7,521 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I may get one of these when it comes out but did Nintendo not say that they couldn't make a bigger screen than the original because of the 3d?
  • ilmaestro 23 Jun 2012 22:51:23 32,299 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not sure, but they did say the inside of any colored machine used black plastic because of the 3D display, and now they have shown a white 3DS XL with white plastic on the inside.

• Page

of 8 First / Last