Magic DOTP 2013 Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Elathron 18 Jul 2012 21:50:57 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Hey dude, I keep seeing you on dotp but I'm unlocking all the cards before I delve too far into the multiplayer element again. Fancy teaming up on 2HG at some point?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• ilmaestro 19 Jul 2012 00:26:30 32,465 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    Also, that's harsh about not getting any mythic foils. I know the feeling from when I first started playing the TCG, mythics didn't exist and rares were randomly inserted. But even still getting a rare was, well, rare... I don't play with my foils though, they're mainly for the collectors and the rich (people who buy 4 of every card in each set, in foil). Where do you hail from though? I'd love to have a game or 2 with my silence decks :D
    Yup, when you see some of the mega expensive decks with multiple foil sets it does look impressive, but a bit rich for my blood. I was pretty pleased to pull a foil Commander's Authority, as it's one of my favorite pieces of art from Avacyn Restored, but not really a playable card competitively so I can happily keep it "safe". I'm in Birmingham, there's a small cluster of places in the city center that run FNM to choose from.

• teamHAM 19 Jul 2012 10:10:59 3,062 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron yeah sure mate sounds good.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Concrete 19 Jul 2012 10:36:59 594 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ilmaestro

I'm also in Brum, are there any of these FNM sessions that allow alcohol to be consumed during play, as I may be tempted to attend.
  • Elathron 19 Jul 2012 12:45:44 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Sweet! Send me an invite when you fancy a crack at the ranked ladders, turn 4 wins here we come :D
    I'm down in Brighton where we have 2 clubs, sady FNM has been replaced with TNM (Tuesday) which makes it nigh on impossible for me to attend due to work. Thus I play DOTP :D

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• ilmaestro 19 Jul 2012 20:03:13 32,465 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ironically, any night other than Friday would be more manageable for my work patterns. Tuesday would be ideal. ^^;

In more exciting news, today I received the two copies of Tamiyo, the Moon Sage that I had been itching to get my hands on and saving for since I first saw the card, hopefully I will get a chance to play with her tomorrow.

Concrete wrote:
    @ilmaestro

I'm also in Brum, are there any of these FNM sessions that allow alcohol to be consumed during play, as I may be tempted to attend.
    Heh, I have no idea, you would have to ask the organizers. The guys I have been learning from play at Wayland's Forge in the city center.

Edited by ilmaestro at 20:03:39 19-07-2012

• Concrete 20 Jul 2012 10:31:32 594 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've bought a few things from there, didn't seem like it was big enough for big games?

On a side note, the mrs always tries to keep me away from fletchers walk because the combination of a magic retailer and an airsoft retailer within 50 feet of each other means the credit cards get a hammering whenever I'm near there. :D
  • AaronTurner 20 Jul 2012 10:42:46 7,787 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    By the way there is an open beta test of the new client for mtgo available in the forums until 25th July.
  • Concrete 20 Jul 2012 10:52:39 594 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does the new version still make my eyes bleed?
  • ilmaestro 20 Jul 2012 11:20:17 32,465 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Concrete wrote:
    I've bought a few things from there, didn't seem like it was big enough for big games?
    They had 30 people packed in there for the M13 pre-release!

• Elathron 20 Jul 2012 15:03:15 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ilmaestro - haha, I must admit... The Brighton lot are based in pubs. The on I go to is called the Brighton Warlords and they play in the (massive) function room at the King & Queen pub. So by the end of a Saturday event, we're all pretty slaughtered. So many games have been won and lost because someone had just one too many...

Edited by Elathron at 15:03:34 20-07-2012

• ilmaestro 20 Jul 2012 20:49:32 32,465 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haha, sounds interesting. Do any of your guys have decks from Unhinged/Unglued? Could make things even more... something.

• Elathron 20 Aug 2012 09:12:49 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ilmaestro Sorry for the late reply... No, we don't use unhinged. People standing up and shouting "gotcha!" and throwing cards all over the place while drunk doesn't make for good times. I think the last time we played it, our organiser had to sit in a dark room for a few hours (not as a result of a card however).

• teamHAM 19 Sep 2012 09:09:09 3,062 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So DLC is out for this today, 5x dual colored decks. 400MSP.

I'm still playing this so if anyone else gets it let me know if you fancy a game/2HG.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Sarahshade 27 Jan 2013 17:26:02 139 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Going to download this soon so add me if you want to play or ( the more likely scenario) teach me to play haha ;)

Xbox gamertag: Sarah Doherty22
    Steam: Sarahshade1
    3DS: 0903-3840-7897

• GuiltySpark 16 Jul 2013 16:11:55 6,431 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone play the actual TCG of this? Had a six-player game yesterday which lasted for hours, and it was pretty fucking awesome.

Anyone else play? The computer version of the game pales in comparison to actual playing with mates, to be honest.

Get bent.

• ilmaestro 23 Aug 2013 09:39:08 32,465 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been playing an increasingly unhealthy amount of Magic since I started last Summer. I don't play multiplayer for... reasons, but I agree playing irl is much more fun than playing either DotP or on MODO. Can't wait for Theros next month, everything about the Greek mythology setting looks amazing so far.

That said, I do have DotP 2014 on Steam (and am regularly on MODO) if anyone fancies a game some time!

• THFourteen 25 Aug 2013 08:37:55 33,885 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I used to play when I was in 6th form, not since then really.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Aug 2013 14:14:33 7,716 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have the new one on Android. I still have my old cards, but never really got into it because I didn't have the money to buy the cards that I needed for a competitive deck. Some of them were *really* expensive!

But I like the tablet version. Maybe I can finally get that "asshole blue" deck I'd always dreamed of making people ragequit with.

"I play-

"Counter"

"Ok, I play-

"Counter, and I draw another card"

"Fuck you."

"Oh, what's this? Why don't you have any creatures to block? I attack you for 2"

/wins 10 turns later
  • RedSparrows 25 Aug 2013 17:26:16 23,336 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The blue deck, along with black, is the deck of trolls.love it ��
  • DanoFNG 25 Aug 2013 19:25:35 197 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got in to the physical version this summer in the US, it was great fun. We mostly did drafting so I came back with a whole lot of cards and no one to play with - seems like it's far more popular over there.
  • ilmaestro 25 Aug 2013 21:07:52 32,465 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Depending on where you live, you're probably just not obviously aware of where in your city/town it's played - try using WotC's event locator (http://locator.wizards.com/) to see if there is a regular FNM or something near you.

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next