of 27 First / Last

• BillMurray 2 Sep 2012 12:03:14 7,791 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Once again, cracking stuff.
  • Kostabi 2 Sep 2012 12:29:29 4,976 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad you posted that as I was going to ask you about brick cheese as even a quick Google left me a little baffled as to what it actually is.

Any particular brand I should look out for?
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Sep 2012 07:13:24 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Once again, cracking stuff.
    Cheers.:)
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Sep 2012 07:17:21 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    Glad you posted that as I was going to ask you about brick cheese as even a quick Google left me a little baffled as to what it actually is.

Any particular brand I should look out for?
    I always use Monterey jack and the brand is 1840. It melts wonerfully. The cheeses have been the hardest thing for me to find.
  • Load_2.0 3 Sep 2012 08:06:47 19,444 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Loving your work!
  • mrpon 3 Sep 2012 08:27:34 29,188 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another great photo Bob, don't have a heart attack!!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• wobbly_Bob 3 Sep 2012 13:26:46 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Loving your work!
    Cheers!
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Sep 2012 13:32:05 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Another great photo Bob, don't have a heart attack!!
    Cheers! I'm hoping to finish all 30 before I have a cardiac arrest, then I can die happy lol
  • mcmonkeyplc 3 Sep 2012 14:02:59 39,467 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Week 5 brings us to the *BONG... BONG... BONG...* The Big Ben!

A beef patty in a ciabatta bun with blue cheese, bacon, water cress, and pickled red cabbage.

Another burger that I thought hmmm not sure about this one but again it was fucking tasty. Whoever is creating these bad boys is a bit of a genius. As with the previous burgers, all the flavours are distinctive and work in perfect harmony with each other. Each flavour brings something to the party and compliments the others.

The savory/salty blue cheese melts into the flavour of the beef and bacon and sings with the tangy notes of the pickled cabbage while the water cress is there in the background grounding the whole thing. Wonderful! I am going to learn to trust there will all be great no matter how odd it seems. The ciabatta roll worked damn well. It wasnt as crusty as I was expecting and the chew of the dough was perfect and held together well under the weight of all the ingredients.

for reference, here is the original

Also, made some beer battered onion rings to go with. Yummy :-D

Next week I will be tackling the Honky Tonk! Ding Ding... bring on round six :-)
    DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Love you!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• TechnoHippy 3 Sep 2012 14:06:11 14,719 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This thread torments me with its goodness.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• wobbly_Bob 3 Sep 2012 17:14:14 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Week 5 brings us to the *BONG... BONG... BONG...* The Big Ben!

A beef patty in a ciabatta bun with blue cheese, bacon, water cress, and pickled red cabbage.

Another burger that I thought hmmm not sure about this one but again it was fucking tasty. Whoever is creating these bad boys is a bit of a genius. As with the previous burgers, all the flavours are distinctive and work in perfect harmony with each other. Each flavour brings something to the party and compliments the others.

The savory/salty blue cheese melts into the flavour of the beef and bacon and sings with the tangy notes of the pickled cabbage while the water cress is there in the background grounding the whole thing. Wonderful! I am going to learn to trust there will all be great no matter how odd it seems. The ciabatta roll worked damn well. It wasnt as crusty as I was expecting and the chew of the dough was perfect and held together well under the weight of all the ingredients.

for reference, here is the original

Also, made some beer battered onion rings to go with. Yummy :-D

Next week I will be tackling the Honky Tonk! Ding Ding... bring on round six :-)
    DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Love you!
    You are only want me for my burgers! T_T lol
  • wobbly_Bob 8 Sep 2012 14:11:56 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Farmer John: A beef patty nestled between 2 sliced of thick cut freshly cooked eggy bread ( or french bread or gypsy toast - whatever you choose to call it ) with a slice of mature leedhammer cheese, home made hash browns, and crispy bacon - topped off by onion rings.

It's like breakfast in a burger! :-0

I couldn't find Limburger that the original called for so I used a mature leedhammer instead. The origonal also had a parsley garnish but even I won't go so far as to buy a bunch of parsley just so I can put a sprig of it on top, besides it tastes like a bush. The kind that grows in the wild for the less mature of you... I know you were thinking it :-P

This is another that I felt really isn't going to work... but once again it does. Although, another that while tastes great is by far not my favorite burger. The eggy bread isn't so good as it cools down, so that's a problem. The tastes are great together but then as with the last one all the elements are tried and tested common things that work together. It's good, but probably my least favourite so far. It's good on paper but maybe works less well in the real world setting. I would give it 7/10 - very nice but could be a lot better. This burger is a real gut buster too! Phew.

The origonal for reference here.

Next week brings the Aunt Millie!

I made the burger yesterday instead of the weekend because it's my OH's birthday and we are off to Bodeans. Mmmm. I'm gonna need a bigger boat ;-) and by boat I mean trousers! :-0

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 14:14:51 08-09-2012
  • Load_2.0 8 Sep 2012 23:44:39 19,444 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Your commitment is awesome! I love seeing this thread, top work yet again.
  • IMO 9 Sep 2012 00:01:24 5,695 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can I have your TV when you're gone? I made the Aunt Millie a couple of weeks back. Utterly amazing.
  • lucky_jim 9 Sep 2012 00:37:29 5,326 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wobbly_Bob: storing up heart attacks, so we don't have to. Good work Sir!

/salutes.
  • spamdangled 9 Sep 2012 01:10:14 27,413 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been watching a shit load of cookery programmes the last couple of weeks - literally around 50 hours a week of the pure cooking shows.

Today, I finally hit paydirt.

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present to you.....

Spinach -Mozzarella stuffed burgers.

I'm gutted I couldn't find a video of it online (the show was called You Gotta Eat Here), as it looked fucking amazing. The basic principle if taking a burger patty, sticking a small ball of cheese mixture in the middle, slapping another patty on top and sealing them together like a pie. Then when you bite down, you get the melted cheese oozing out of the center.

I've never heard of the whole stuffed-burger thing before, and the whole principle is so obvious I facepalmed pretty hard when I watched earlier. I'm going to make one this week, and will upload suitably decadent photos of my creation (I'm going to use a mix of blue cheese, ricotta and spinach with angus beef).

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• morriss 9 Sep 2012 09:58:21 71,127 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    looks great. Awesome stuff.
  • wobbly_Bob 13 Sep 2012 13:28:57 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Your commitment is awesome! I love seeing this thread, top work yet again.
    Cheers :) 2 month mark this weekend!
  • wobbly_Bob 13 Sep 2012 13:30:28 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    Can I have your TV when you're gone? I made the Aunt Millie a couple of weeks back. Utterly amazing.
    Yeah, sure, but its splatered with melted cheese and mustard lol
  • wobbly_Bob 13 Sep 2012 13:31:21 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I've been watching a shit load of cookery programmes the last couple of weeks - literally around 50 hours a week of the pure cooking shows.

Today, I finally hit paydirt.

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present to you.....

Spinach -Mozzarella stuffed burgers.

I'm gutted I couldn't find a video of it online (the show was called You Gotta Eat Here), as it looked fucking amazing. The basic principle if taking a burger patty, sticking a small ball of cheese mixture in the middle, slapping another patty on top and sealing them together like a pie. Then when you bite down, you get the melted cheese oozing out of the center.

I've never heard of the whole stuffed-burger thing before, and the whole principle is so obvious I facepalmed pretty hard when I watched earlier. I'm going to make one this week, and will upload suitably decadent photos of my creation (I'm going to use a mix of blue cheese, ricotta and spinach with angus beef).
    The originator :)
  • wobbly_Bob 13 Sep 2012 13:32:05 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    looks great. Awesome stuff.
    Cheers! :)
  • wobbly_Bob 13 Sep 2012 13:33:19 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    wobbly_Bob: storing up heart attacks, so we don't have to. Good work Sir!

/salutes.
    /salutes with a ketchup musturdy stained hand while clutching at pains in the chest!
  • wobbly_Bob 17 Sep 2012 18:54:32 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another week, and still no heart attack! The 2 month marks brings us to the Aunt Milli!

A juicy beef patty in a poppy seed bun with rocket, red onion, sliced tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese crumbles, and italian dressing. origonal here

A really tasty one, although I found the feta a little bit strong. Very good balance of Mediterranean flavors. I really like sauce in my burgers so been finding the last few a bit dry. I made an italian dressing and sloshed over a good slosh of italian dressing over the bottom with the rocket and then on top of the tomatoes. It did make it nice and juice and added a good tang.

All in all I really enjoyed this. I love rocket and olives so good for me though im not over keen on feta cheese. I think it's just cottage cheese with delusions of grandeur :-D

Next week brings the Gypsy! Bring it on! Burgers! burgers! burgers!

/puts 999 in phone book.
  • monkehhh 17 Sep 2012 19:01:04 3,425 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TASTY.

What burgers do you use Bob?
  • Load_2.0 17 Sep 2012 19:06:36 19,444 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Another cracking effort! Great photos.
  • wobbly_Bob 17 Sep 2012 19:39:20 1,823 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @monkehhh - I always make my own burgers using East London Steak Co. minced beef, but this time I didn't. This time I tried their upminster burgers to see what they are like, very good!!! ... if you make your own or you use their ones I recommend them. And the steaks... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

@load 2.0 - Thanks very much :-)

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 19:39:54 17-09-2012

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 19:40:41 17-09-2012
  • Nasty 17 Sep 2012 20:47:19 4,748 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Try an English goats cheese rather than feta. Should have a little less salty, tangy punch. Other than that, that sounds (and looks) like one tasty burger.
  • smoothpete 17 Sep 2012 21:00:32 31,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whatever the eurogamer equivalent is of an OBE, that's what you deserve. Well played sir.
  • IMO 17 Sep 2012 21:03:52 5,695 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite liked the feta to be honest. I thought it contrasted really well with the rocket and red onion.
  • smoothpete 17 Sep 2012 21:10:53 31,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So which ones are you particularly looking forward to? The Highwayman looks brutal. The Brooklyn looks lovely, and The Sheboygan looks interesting but where are you going to get cheese curds from? Also what the fuck are cheese curds? If I had to pick one, The Macho Nacho - but it needs a sauce. Just some salsa or something.
  • Page

of 27 First / Last