The Cheese and Burger Society Page 23

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 28 Jun 2013 17:48:38 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Update, no burger this week. Work is crazy busy and I'm a worn out wobbly bob. Might be a couple of weeks now. I'm on Holiday from today! ( staycation ) and then next weekend I'll be trying 5 guys and shake shack. The sunday after is FEAST. I gotta whole lotta eating to do.
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jul 2013 17:45:15 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No.28 - The Havana

2 Beef Patties, swiss cheese, ham, roast pork, pickles, and mustard in a french bread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES:

The french bread is pressed by hand and toasted. I don't own a panini press or similar.
    The pork is loin instead of shoulder.
    Beef is home ground sirloin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW, what a monster of meat and cheese! No fried with this one. This meaty beast was a great hit of meat and cheese. No sauce, no frills, no distracti just a WHOLE lot of meat and cheese. I really enjoyed taking it down ( good practice for the Macho Nacho. 3 meats and loads of cheese is always going to be a winner but I'm not a fan of this type of bread for a burger and I do like my sauce. Original

OK so next up is N0.29 The Johnny Appleseed Only this one and then the mighty MACHO NACHO! It's been a long crazy burger-tastic journey. Almost there :-)
  • monkehhh 15 Jul 2013 19:40:48 3,269 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looking good Bob, though I'd have been tempted to go for all pork (like the delicious Cuban sandwich usually dictates) - big, juicy pig burger :)

The next one sounds quite interesting with its apples.. but yeah, MACHO NACHO.
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jul 2013 22:00:58 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @monkehhh - cheers! Yeah going all pig could be good. I'm thinking just the pig burger to replace the liked pork n then load if ham and cheese... Not Cuba sandwich but maybe some thousand island dressing.
  • monkehhh 15 Jul 2013 22:11:14 3,269 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's my birthday next week and I don't need much (that's cheap anyway), so I've asked for a griddle pan :)
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 22:15:11
    Cuuuuuban. Best freakin' sandwich ever.
  • wobbly_Bob 16 Jul 2013 07:15:17 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    It's my birthday next week and I don't need much (that's cheap anyway), so I've asked for a griddle pan :)
    Or how about meat grinder? Makes a huge difference and you cook your burgers to rare with confidence.
  • LegendaryApe 18 Jul 2013 10:17:50 186 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was browsing the forum and noticed the post count for this thread was the NUMBER OF THE DEVIL-- 6 6 6. My OCD forbade me from leaving it at this terrible number. This post shall make it 667. So basically, I've saved all your souls. No need for a reward. No, really. Oh go on then :)

Edited by LegendaryApe at 10:20:16 18-07-2013

My favourite word is Fuzwuzzle, screamed into the cold night air.

• Jono62 18 Jul 2013 10:37:17 13,961 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @LegendaryApe Sorry Mr Ape, but on the unofficial Eurogamer App, you are the devil :o

http://imgur.com/w9HK7Uz

Is it Macho Nacho time yet??
  • LegendaryApe 18 Jul 2013 11:58:06 186 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Jono62

Dammit :) No wonder those nuns keep trying to kill me!

My favourite word is Fuzwuzzle, screamed into the cold night air.

• RedSparrows 18 Jul 2013 12:04:48 22,069 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think, I think, that the Cuban has meat and cheese in it.
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Jul 2013 20:15:05 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RedSparrows - I can't imagine what would leave to such a conclusion!

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 20:15:26 18-07-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Jul 2013 20:16:32 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jono62 - 1 more and then it's the macho nacho :-D I was going to make the next burger this weekend but it's going to be far too hot to bother cooking much. Maybe the weekend after!
  • wobbly_Bob 11 Aug 2013 21:12:08 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No 29. The Johnny Appleseed

A 1/2 lb beef patty with sauteed apples & read onions, slice of mature cheddar, maple bacon, and whole grain mustard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes

Couldn't get sourdough so got the nearest aesthetically similar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beef patty was tasty and juicy but unfortunately it was washed away by the sweet tangy apples. Many a time on this quest, when faced with weird and wonderful combinations, thought it wouldn't work, it always did, but this time it didn't. The apples bring nothing to the burger party and in fact mask the beef flavours and though apple goes very well with cheese, the beef must be the star.

Everything else in this burger works, of course; Cheese, onions, bacon, and wholegrain mustard are all lovely together. My other half disagreed with me though and said she really liked the apples in there. Original

And now the quest comes to a close... It's been over a YEAR since I started this crazy burger quest. I posted up the first burger on the 28th of July 2012! It's been fun, and I have learned a lot :-)

And so this mighty burger quest is almost complete. One burger stands before me. If this burger was a robot it would be starring in Pacific Rim. One enormous burger awaits... In the Red Corner is burger No. 30 THE MACHO NACHO: 4 to 8 burger patties, cheddar cheese slices, swiss cheese slices, pickled jalapenos, black olives, sliced red onions, sliced tomato, shredded lettuce and tortilla chips! :-O

In the Blue corner, Wobbly Bob.

Be here. 2 weeks from now.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 21:13:58 11-08-2013
  • Razz 11 Aug 2013 21:15:49 60,772 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My god that looks delicious. Did you end up taking the apple out of it?

You can make a small Macho Nacho like Dennys do, if you're not up for a monster burger.

Edited by Razz at 21:16:38 11-08-2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• wobbly_Bob 11 Aug 2013 21:20:44 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Razz - Hey that's cool. I never guessed anywhere else would do them. Mine will be the full size gut busting real deal! I'm never going to eat that fucker... But I will try, oh yes.

And no, I didn't take them out as I wanted the experience of it but enjoyed the bites where they had fallen out much better.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 21:24:16 11-08-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 11 Aug 2013 21:23:07 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella - I need to prepare myself mentally. Sit on top of a mountain meditating on the nature of man and burger, starve myself, and run up various stairs to the theme of rocky.

I'll post up the whole thing and how much is left on the plate, if anything. I'm guessing there will be quite a bit. I might even do a video. Not sure yet.
  • THFourteen 11 Aug 2013 21:29:27 32,872 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apple in burger?

/horp
  • wobbly_Bob 11 Aug 2013 21:38:33 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @THFourteen - I wasn't that bad, really. An interesting experience ;) Now, apple and pork burger would work beautifully.
  • Syrette 11 Aug 2013 21:48:11 43,107 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

Got to ask - and I'm sure you'll reveal in due course anyway - what's been your favourite (so far)?

• Jono62 11 Aug 2013 23:04:39 13,961 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Once the Macho Nacho is consumed, Eurogamer should chauffeur Wobbly Bob to their headquarters for an exclusive interview.
  • wobbly_Bob 11 Aug 2013 23:33:56 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob

Got to ask - and I'm sure you'll reveal in due course anyway - what's been your favourite (so far)?
    Hard to choose just one. They were all really good. I think the one I liked least was the Farmer John.

As for my favourite, as I said, hard to choose 1 so I am gonna cheat and pick a top 3...

The Lumberjack:Cheddar Cheese, Swiss Cheese, 2 Beef PattiesBread & Butter Pickles, Yellow Mustard, Ketchup, Mayonnaise,Sliced White Onions, Iceberg Lettuce, Toasted White Bread

The Camalot:Camembert Cheese, Beef Patty, Sautéed Mushrooms,Peppered Bacon,Dijon Mayonnaise, Caramelized Onions, Heirloom Tomatoes, Brioche Roll.

The Firehouse:Havarti Cheese, Provolone Cheese, Beef Patty, Capicola or Spicy Ham, Pickled Jalapeños, Pepperoncini, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Fresh Dill, Italian Roll
  • wobbly_Bob 11 Aug 2013 23:37:16 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Once the Macho Nacho is consumed, Eurogamer should chauffeur Wobbly Bob to their headquarters for an exclusive interview.
    Agreed, but they should chauffeur me to the burger joint of my choice for the interview!
  • wobbly_Bob 25 Aug 2013 13:27:42 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Making the enormous bread rolls because shop rolls don't come in... MACHO NACHO size

It's happening. Tonight. One Man. One stomach. Will it be enough? Find out... The end of the road. Burger 30 - The Macho Nacho! :-D

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 13:28:21 25-08-2013
  • Jono62 25 Aug 2013 14:08:06 13,961 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Live, um, feed please. :)
  • wobbly_Bob 25 Aug 2013 14:08:37 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hey burger fact fans! I just added up how many calories, approximately, this burger weighs in at... Tonight I will be eating 2476! Yes, pretty much the entire daily caloric intake for a male. Assuming I eat it all, that is.

My other half is sitting next to me:

ME: Any comments on tonight?
    Chell: Let's take this bad boy down!
    ME: Anything else?
    Chell: I like burgers, it's been good run of burgers.

She ain't wrong.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 14:19:10 25-08-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 25 Aug 2013 14:10:29 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jono62 - I might live blog it on this thread lol
  • wobbly_Bob 25 Aug 2013 14:12:44 1,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Goodfella - Thanks, man! I'll try to do eurogamer proud and if I don't make it... tell 'em... tell 'em... Wobbly Bob went down fighting the good fight. :eek:
  • Page

of 27 First / Last