The Cheese and Burger Society Page 21

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 23 May 2013 18:24:48 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I'm sold on the Waldorf apart from the cherries, I do not think that is going to "go"
    Yep, I'm thinking exactly the same. However all the burgers have tasted very good despite me thinking many times they wouldn't work so I am hopeful.
  • mikew1985 23 May 2013 18:27:28 12,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I'm sold on the Waldorf apart from the cherries, I do not think that is going to "go"
    It's matched with fairly well with the blue cheese no?
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 18:27:53
    The cherries are presumably there to make up the raisin portion of the Waldorf. They'd work better than raisins or dates in a burger, anyway.
  • wobbly_Bob 23 May 2013 18:32:17 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mikew1985 - You're probably right. Sweet goes very well with cheese and especially with blue cheese. I's just thinking about cherry and beef that's got me a bit worried lol

@meme - for sure! I'm hoping the sweet cherry plays a similar role that fruit plays in something like duck with cherry so it's playing foil to the richness of the meat.
  • Tonka 23 May 2013 18:41:22 20,151 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What are those redish granules in your burger?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 23 May 2013 18:43:36
    Looks like they're mustard grains.
  • wobbly_Bob 23 May 2013 18:43:44 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's the wholegrain beer mustard :-)
  • Razz 23 May 2013 18:49:40 60,997 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That look amazing man, good work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• wobbly_Bob 23 May 2013 18:55:54 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers! :-)
  • ronuds 23 May 2013 20:01:22 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks great, as always! But as you say it seems like it could use some sort of sauce... or something drippy/oozy.
  • Deleted user 23 May 2013 22:56:57
    @wobbly_Bob Why is it that every post of yours on here and on Facebook seem to be about food? :o
  • TheRealBadabing 23 May 2013 23:15:40 1,295 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob I've been making my own burgers for a while, though nothing as exotic as your creations. Will be investing in a mincer soon ;)

In the meantime I have to know how you get your cheese to melt so well? If I put it on top while side 2 cooks, all I get is sweaty cheese. I'll admit that normally I just use just basic cheddar so I might have to get a bit more adventurous with my choices but I can see it being a problem with a blue cheese like stilton too. I don't really want to put the burger under a grill as it might overcook the meat.
  • mrpon 23 May 2013 23:32:14 28,714 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Will be investing in a mincer soon
    darkmorgado might be able to help you out here.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• TheRealBadabing 24 May 2013 00:31:01 1,295 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Will be investing in a mincer soon
    darkmorgado might be able to help you out here.
    Not sure about that. Kitchen is a bit small so a bit of mincing will fit but not a full on sashay.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2013 10:15:48 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Looks great, as always! But as you say it seems like it could use some sort of sauce... or something drippy/oozy.
    For sure, it's way to dry. I really miss that. It just feels like a meat sandwich of separate elements to me without those. To be a truely great burger o need sauce or cheese - Wed preferably both.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2013 10:18:28 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:

The last few burgers do look really tasty though. I wonder, is there a reason you don't copy the size of the burgers, some are very slim and flat but all of yours are great big fat things? :D
    Erm... Ahem... Because I'm a massive burger biffa :D i do find though since they tend to have so much stuff in them the beef gets lost. I that's my excuse lol
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2013 10:19:48 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dogme wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob Why is it that every post of yours on here and on Facebook seem to be about food? :o
    Please refer to previous comment of "massive biffa" lol
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2013 10:25:26 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob I've been making my own burgers for a while, though nothing as exotic as your creations. Will be investing in a mincer soon ;)

In the meantime I have to know how you get your cheese to melt so well? If I put it on top while side 2 cooks, all I get is sweaty cheese. I'll admit that normally I just use just basic cheddar so I might have to get a bit more adventurous with my choices but I can see it being a problem with a blue cheese like stilton too. I don't really want to put the burger under a grill as it might overcook the meat.
    Definitely get the mincer! It makes such a huge difference. It was a real ah ha moment the first time I made a burger with it. The meat is looser as it hasn't been sitting for an age in the pack so allows for pockets of fat and of course the meat is going to be far better quality. You can cook it to medium with confidence! Definitely go for the grinder :)

Maybe it's the cheese. I use nice melty cheese like monetary jack, gouda and so on. I just lay the cheese on top of the burger after flipping it. I agree with you that u dear a grill would be no good as it would over cook the meat.
  • Tonka 24 May 2013 10:43:26 20,151 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    That's the wholegrain beer mustard :-)
    O_O

Sweden isn't very diverse when it comes to mustard. Especially not textured mustards. It's smooth or slightly grainy.

Wholegrain mustard.... that makes the list.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• smoothpete 24 May 2013 10:47:40 31,459 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When you've done all these Wisconsin cheese burgers, I think you should open this up to the EG hive mind to come up with new and interesting recipes / combos for you to try out
  • mikew1985 24 May 2013 11:21:15 12,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    When you've done all these Wisconsin cheese burgers, I think you should open this up to the EG hive mind to come up with new and interesting recipes / combos for you to try out
    Wow, you really want to make sure bob's arteries are good and clogged!

I'm secretly frightened that even if he makes it to the end the macho nacho will be too much for his poor heart.

If a bunch of us cunts start suggesting even more greasy meat packed burgers he'll never see the end of the year!
  • Deleted user 24 May 2013 11:58:10
    @mrpon Post of the week! :D
  • wobbly_Bob 27 May 2013 20:47:16 1,700 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Number 27. THE WALDORF

A 1/2 beef patty with blue cheese, walnuts, cherry, rocket, sliced red onions and Dijon mayonaise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES

Couldn't get endive so used rocket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This was probably the most unsure that it would be good than any other the others, I think. The crusty roll? Too tough? Cherries? walnuts? Well, it was one of the best burgers so far! A pretty good compliment considering it's not my "type".

But this sexy burger made love to my mouth - which it fit into perfectly ( this may not be a work safe sentence ) A great surprise! The nutty crunch from the walnuts was a great texture in there! Soft beef and crunchy walnut worked so well. The cherries worked well with the blue cheese that melted into a rich sauce that mingled with the juices of the beef and Dijon mayo. The rocket gave a nice fresh iron rich note ( god, I HAVE turned into Greg Wallace. At least I didn't say metallic tang )

A really good burger - not dirty but it made love to my mouth and I was more than satisfied. Blue cheese is always going to work in a burger because it's one of those strawberries and cream combos that work so well; beef and blue cheese are great together but the rest came as a surprise. A very tasty burger, indeed! Original here

Next week it's Livin la vida loca with No.28 - The HAVANA THREE different meats ( 2 burger patties, ham and pork shoulder ), FOUR slices cheese, and pickles! Oh yes.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 20:52:04 27-05-2013
  • monkehhh 27 May 2013 20:55:37 3,291 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh god, I bet the Havana is delicious. Definitely making myself one of those.
  • mrpon 27 May 2013 21:02:44 28,714 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's that urban myth/fact about undigested red meat in the colon?

No, I'm not trying to say Bob has a meaty anus!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• smoothpete 28 May 2013 10:35:58 31,459 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't believe the journey is almost at an end :(
  • Lexx87 28 May 2013 10:38:30 20,869 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I can't believe the journey is almost at an end :(
    He's still got the Cheeseburgers across America to go!

Maybe this link

Edited by Lexx87 at 10:40:20 28-05-2013

Edited by Lexx87 at 10:40:55 28-05-2013

Speak the truth hussy!

• smoothpete 28 May 2013 10:49:18 31,459 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy fuck I am having a beef burger with scampi in it for my dinner. Why did I not think of this before?

What sauce and cheese do I need?
  • Page

of 27 First / Last