The Cheese and Burger Society Page 8

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 5 Nov 2012 10:25:32 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Ours were nice, glad the heart's still beating as the 30 burger challenge progresses.

I'm now quite tempted to try a fried egg on one some time. The head says no, but it might work really well. If only I'd seen that earlier I'd have joined you in some cholesterol carnage!
    yeah try an egg with it! I think you will enjoy it :)
  • wobbly_Bob 5 Nov 2012 10:27:29 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    This is one of the more epic threads that I've ever encountered.
    one man vs 30 huge burger with only one left standing. Dosnt get more epic!
  • Tonka 5 Nov 2012 10:42:55 20,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The tension.

Will there be a full blown extravaganza at the end? Each burger scored from great to EPIC. What beer goes with which burger?

But it's the dedication I'm impressed by. I'm too lazy to even look up most of the cheeses in there. Let alone go out and buy them.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Slurmseh 16 Nov 2012 06:01:23 2,334 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any time I don't see this thread bumped for a week I fear the worst...
  • Tonka 16 Nov 2012 06:31:25 20,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hahaha
    (feel bad for laughing at that)

• jonsaan 16 Nov 2012 07:21:44 25,326 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How can I want a burger at 07:21am?

FCUTA!

• jamievilla 16 Nov 2012 08:34:34 508 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    DING DING DING DING ITS the firehouse!

A juicy home made beef patty in a Chiabatta roll with jalapeno peppers, prosciutto ham, havarti cheese, roasted red peppers, swiss cheese, tomato ketchup, and mayo.

I LOVED this. It was so fucking good. It's such a handsome burger that I would turn and marry it or at least have a dirty weekend with it. The Jalapenos were not really that hot but added a really nice heat and juicy acidity to the burger. The two melting cheese mixing with the hot peppers, ham, roasted pepper and sauces was just out of this world. Delish! Delish! I want another one!!! original

I had to do a lot of subs for this one.

Instead of capicola I used prosciutto. Capicola is basically like prosciutto which is what I used. capicola is the same kind of thing but the meat comes from the neck of the animal.

Peperoncini is basically roasted peppers. I used red roasted ones in mine.

Surprisingly I found havarti cheese despite never having heard of it. I couldn't find provolone though so after researching several websites I settled on a Swiss cheese.

I put in a white background to improve the photo. As bremenatch says I really don't have time to spend on photos since I just wanna eat the fucker :-) I could set up a white box bounce some light on it and spend ages photographing but it's gonna get cold and I need some food lol But the brown was throwing off the white balance quite a bit so I put in a white background ( white paper FTW lol ) and yeah it looks better now.

Next week... look out belly... LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING
    Just got into work, slept terribly and haven't had my coffee yet.

And I want this for breakfast. Seriously, this looks awesome. Unfortunately GF is on Slimming World so I may have to wait till she's not in one night and make one of these..
  • wobbly_Bob 17 Nov 2012 09:40:28 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    lol im still alive

/waves

burgerage is gonna happen tonight and nothing can stop it!

@jamievilla - the trick is to make 2 of these before she gets in and then she wont be able to resist tasty burger goodness, falls off the dieting wagon, and then not only do you get tasty burger that night you get tasty burgers more often! Also if the plan falls through you get to eat 2 burger!
  • jonsaan 17 Nov 2012 09:43:32 25,326 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, if she eats it she may be so euphoric you'll get a main course of sausage in baps.

FCUTA!

• wobbly_Bob 17 Nov 2012 14:56:06 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    With special sauce ;)
  • monkehhh 17 Nov 2012 15:00:02 3,278 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 13:33:41 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @monkehhh - That's the master killa dirty bastard old man burger!

Number 13: The RoadHouse.

A 1/4 beef patty in a bun with bacon, caramelized onion, gruyere cheese, onion rings, and garlic mayonnaise.

The original called for onion roll but I couldn't find that so it's just a normal bun but I dipped it in the smoking hot fat to get all the beef and bacon juices. *feels twinge in the arteries*

Really good one! I loved it! The garlic mayonnaise was really nice ( love garlic ) and all the components are classic burger components so you know it's goona be good. To my mind: cheese, bacon, and sauce are the holy trinity of burger ingredients :-D When you take a bite ( after stretching your gob really wide ) You get the salty bacon, rich beef, tangy mayo, sweetness from the onions, and crunch from the onion rings are throwing a party in your mouth. Nice! Saucy! Meaty! Unhealthy! original

Next week's one is really interesting because it's not your usual ingredients - The Bohemian

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 13:35:04 18-11-2012
  • Kostabi 18 Nov 2012 13:42:24 4,878 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If this doesn't get thread of the year in the forum awards something is seriously amiss.
  • monkehhh 18 Nov 2012 13:51:36 3,278 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Garlic mayo is the condiment of kings.
  • jamievilla 18 Nov 2012 14:49:53 508 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob Fuck it. I'll make two and eat them both myself. She can deal with my delighted, fatty corpse.
  • Vortex808 18 Nov 2012 17:08:20 6,979 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The bohemian sounds like it could be great, or a disaster with not much leeway in between.

I really look forward to hearing about that one!

Pesto with a burger?

Edited by Vortex808 at 17:08:41 18-11-2012
  • Tonka 18 Nov 2012 18:24:58 20,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pesto mayo... must try that.

• BillMurray 18 Nov 2012 18:34:05 7,623 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    The original called for onion roll but I couldn't find that so it's just a normal bun but I dipped it in the smoking hot fat to get all the beef and bacon juices. *feels twinge in the arteries*
    I dribbled on myself when I read this bit.
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 18:36:38 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Garlic mayo is the condiment of kings.
    anything with garlic. Im such a garlic fiend. Vampires are gonna get their shit fucked up if they try it on with me

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 18:45:29 18-11-2012
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 18:37:21 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    If this doesn't get thread of the year in the forum awards something is seriously amiss.
    glad you are enjoying the thread :)
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 18:38:23 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jamievilla wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob Fuck it. I'll make two and eat them both myself. She can deal with my delighted, fatty corpse.
    Good man! Make her and some vegie friends.watch as you tuck into those beefy delicious bastards! Then have i regret nothing - with cheese written on your tomb stone :D
  • Lexx87 18 Nov 2012 18:38:47 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You are a hero bob. A king among men.

You are our champion.

We salute you.

Speak the truth hussy!

• wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 18:40:52 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Jesus H Christ that burger sounds amazing. I (naively) didn't even realise you could get garlic mayo. That will be on next weeks shopping list for sure.
    its good stuff :) alternativly you could do what i did and mix some garlic puree with regular mayo - that way you can make it to the level you want it :)

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 18:46:47 18-11-2012
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 18:43:24 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    The bohemian sounds like it could be great, or a disaster with not much leeway in between.

I really look forward to hearing about that one!

Pesto with a burger?
    yeah sounds a bit odd but all the burgers have been good so hope its full of win! you never know tho. Stay tuned! :)
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 18:50:00 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    You are a hero bob. A king among men.

You are our champion.

We salute you.
    i vow to fight the good fight for every one of you. I wil fear no hardening.of the arteries or fall or falter. I SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!

/salutes.
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 19:09:45 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I dribbled on myself when I read this bit.
    its so wrong but oh so right!
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Nov 2012 19:14:53 1,634 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some additional burger news. I ordered a jar of preserved bone marrow from ELSco to add into my burger mix recipe, decadent and unhealthy but should make it so rich and unctious This should crank it up past 11. I cant wait to try this! Hopefully its good coz it aint cheap.

Also all burgers are fried in beef dripping to enhance the richness and get a nice crust.

/wonders how many callories are in these burgers.
  • Load_2.0 18 Nov 2012 19:42:07 18,949 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    More excellent work, I think this would be my favourite.

Is there a lens effect being used? The photos seem to have a sepia look to them.
  • monkehhh 18 Nov 2012 19:46:20 3,278 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think his camera is covered in burger juice.
  • Page

of 27 First / Last