Okami HD remake Page 4

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Triggerhappytel 31 Oct 2012 18:33:45 2,695 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    Yeah the Japanese Colectors edition is kinda nice.

That's awesome. Love the little Issun wrist band thing :-)

Anyway, has anyone actually played this and is it a good HD port, or a lazy port like most of Capcom's efforts? I do want it but 16 is an awful lot for a last general game unless they've really tried with it.
  • Deleted user 31 October 2012 18:43:58
    It looks fantastic. Colours pop out, it feels pretty smooth. I'm not really senstive to screen tearing or frame rate drops (unless its like severe like skyrim or say the darkroot basin in dark souls).

so probably not the best person to ask. I guess you could wait to the DF artcile ( i guess there is going to be one.)
  • Deleted user 31 October 2012 18:44:56
    I'm hoping to grab it Friday but from the images I've seen it looks like it's being given a proper HD treatment. Unlike Resi 4.

And also from what I gather the paper filter from the ps2 version that was lacking in the Wii version is present again in the HD one.

I would love to see a Viewtiful Joe collection next.
  • FuzzyDuck 31 Oct 2012 19:00:40 4,039 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    So, got myself to the first village, and done a few things. Game is really really pretty. And the OST is gorgeous. Don't like the voice warbling though. but i guess i get used to that.
    That's actually something that's often overlooked, the soundtrack is as lush as the graphics. Wait until you hear the music on the Shinshu Plains. Utterly sublime.

• FuzzyDuck 31 Oct 2012 19:04:32 4,039 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've a few quid spare from my birthday, i've severely tempted to import this just as a collector's piece. Listening to the soundtrack again has given me goosebumps.

Where would a good place be to import from? (and i'll buy the bugger on download too, i'm a bloody sucker for this game).

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 19:04:46 31-10-2012
  • Cappy 31 Oct 2012 19:08:51 11,907 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    According to a GameFAQs user the Asian version does support English.

Right, thats the first hurdle down. Now I just need to find a seller and confirm that they'll apply a little 'creativity' to the value on the customs declaration.

I'll make it a Christmas present for myself.
  • FuzzyDuck 31 Oct 2012 19:16:03 4,039 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've heard about the lack of English alright.

I'm getting kind of funny about digital content lately, went to the extra expense of buying the Prepare to Die edition of Dark Souls instead of just nabbing the DLC.

I guess there's just some stuff i want to own. If my copy of Vanquish was snapped in two this instant, i'd be off into town ASAP to get another.

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 19:17:02 31-10-2012
  • Triggerhappytel 31 Oct 2012 21:11:06 2,695 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    It looks fantastic. Colours pop out, it feels pretty smooth. I'm not really senstive to screen tearing or frame rate drops (unless its like severe like skyrim or say the darkroot basin in dark souls).

so probably not the best person to ask. I guess you could wait to the DF artcile ( i guess there is going to be one.)
    That's both good and bad. I do want this game but really don't need anything else to play right now; particularly 40 hour beasts like this. I really don't like Capcom much this gen and I think 16 is a lot of money, but then I do love this game. Definitely up there with both the best of last gen and the best games Capcom have ever produced.
  • Deleted user 31 October 2012 22:28:46
    joelstinton wrote:

You first time (third) playing? You're in for a treat once it starts going, which is around the time you can piss on enemies :D
  • repairmanjack 1 Nov 2012 10:19:57 6,024 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played it previously on the PS2, but never finished it. Jumped at the chance for another crack, in HD. Burned through the tutorial (having played plenty of games this gen, I no longer have any moans about Okami's slow start).

Utterly gorgeous game. And I bloody WILL finish it this time.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2012 11:01:25
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:

You first time (third) playing? You're in for a treat once it starts going, which is around the time you can piss on enemies :D
    Yeah my first time playing. My ps2 got nicked at uni when this, shadow of the collossus/GOW2 came out.

I just finished hana valley. Seriously just buy it. Looks fantastic. Really starting to.. err.. blossom now.
  • StixxUK 1 Nov 2012 11:15:02 7,247 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh man do I really need to buy this for the third time? Got it on PS2, Wii and STILL haven't had time to play the damn thing!
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Nov 2012 12:23:54 10,629 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:

Yeah my first time playing. My ps2 got nicked at uni when this, shadow of the collossus/GOW2 came out.

I just finished hana valley. Seriously just buy it. Looks fantastic. Really starting to.. err.. blossom now.
    I adored it on the Wii, I'll def be getting this again for the triple.
    The first time I saw the full bloom effect I was blown away, easily one of the most memorable moments in gaming for me...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• King_Edward 1 Nov 2012 20:35:47 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When did this first come out? However many years on and it's still the most completely brilliant thing there is.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2012 21:13:23
    according to wiki, 2007 in europe, almost a full year after the japanese release.

Really enjoying this, I just gained access to the water lily brush. Its a very refined game.

What games of this gen would you could classic. Okami, ico, SOTC are pretty much i think the most cited classic games from the last gen. Dark souls? Journey?
  • Deleted user 1 November 2012 21:27:53
    Trials, Dark Souls and Super Meat Boy for me are classics from this gen as they are pure game experiences.

I remember when I first got Okami and played it for nearly 12 hours straight chain smoking thinking I was at the end when I got to the moon cave.

Hah Orochi's the final boss my ass

Roll on tomorrow so I can pick this up again.
  • slovowski 2 Nov 2012 15:43:33 34 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I gave up on this on PS2 when I realised that you have to fight every boss again near the end. Bought it last night and thought I'd have a quick blast, and next thing I've been playing for four hours. It really is a fantastic game with astounding design (both art and gameplay) and music. Decided I'm not buying anymore games until I finally finish it this time.

The four hours I played though, reminded me just what an excellent game this is. Definitely a game that has benefitted from HD.
  • DavidBoring 3 Nov 2012 06:28:39 1,263 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    edge "feel(s) a sense of disappointment with the final result [meaning th hd version]"

they write about blurry lo-res textures, object pop-in and "disconcerting blurring effect"

i am about 5 hours into the game and apart from some pop-ins, which don't really bother, havent noticed any these points. it's been a long time since i played the ps2-version, but i think the hd-version runs really a lot smoother

lovely game

Edited by DavidBoring at 06:29:11 03-11-2012
  • King_Edward 3 Nov 2012 07:10:11 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you turn the rice paper filter up the game looks a bit blurry, but in a good.
  • rtk79 3 Nov 2012 11:09:27 493 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've noticed some Asian versions of this don't support English. Would anyone know if the European PSN download does? I had the misfortune of playing through the dreadful French version back in the PS2 days, and am not too keen to go through that again. Seriously: the thing was riddled with grammatical errors and misunderstandings. A real shame.
  • garethcheshire 3 Nov 2012 13:57:30 7 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's amazing. I'm loving it having not been able to appreciate it properly previously. The only thing I'm *slightly* disappointed with is that there is only 2.0 stereo. No surround sound mix.

Considering how good the music is (and an equal match for the graphics) its a shame its been overlooked.
  • Erinan 5 Nov 2012 11:26:06 124 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    they write about blurry lo-res textures, object pop-in and "disconcerting blurring effect"
    Yeah, that's a bit disappointing. I notice the object pop-in every now and then (especially with the animals that you have to feed). And the blurry effect is especially noticeable in combat when you move the camera.

But then again I'm finally playing this game for the first time and I'm loving it.
  • atomised 5 Nov 2012 11:46:36 5 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, so in Australia (once I navigated the horror that is the new psn store) it's $29.95: wow. Really: wow.

Capcom have a quirky idea of digital value it must be said. As in a 'get stuffed I'm not buying your crap' kinda idea of value. I don't get it, they price themselves out of the ever buying anything they release in a digital format.

I was sorta interested as the Wii controls were very painful: oh well.
  • dominalien 5 Nov 2012 12:05:15 6,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It will go down in price soon enough. All games on PSN do, to some extent.

PSN: DonOsito

• rtk79 5 Nov 2012 13:25:09 493 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    atomised wrote:
    Ok, so in Australia (once I navigated the horror that is the new psn store) it's $29.95: wow. Really: wow.

Capcom have a quirky idea of digital value it must be said. As in a 'get stuffed I'm not buying your crap' kinda idea of value. I don't get it, they price themselves out of the ever buying anything they release in a digital format.

I was sorta interested as the Wii controls were very painful: oh well.
    Sorry to hear about the Australian discrepancy. Though it doesn't seem that bad, if $29.95 is close to 24 as the web suggests.
    I took a plunge, as wary as I was, having bought the game on PS2 at full price (ie 60 euros) back in the day, and am happy I did so : the game is great. And goes beyond the fond remembrance of times past.
    I think they've priced this very sensibly, actually. It's pretty much a faultless endeavour. Which is not something you see everyday in the video game world.

Edit : And I am spared the god-awful French translation ! If there's a way to skip the "Move" instructions on start-up, I'd be keen to know it.

Edited by rtk79 at 13:27:13 05-11-2012
  • King_Edward 5 Nov 2012 22:32:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Battered Orochi this evening. Now the real Okami begins.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 23:09:46
    i been away for the weekend, but got myself up to taka pass. loving the game so much. a real pleausre to be in that game world.
  • chrisno21 6 Nov 2012 23:24:44 1,495 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didn't take me long to cave in and repurchase this. Took even less time to remind myself just how great this game is.

Superb game world with great character and the HD is looking gorgeous, which for a game this good looking to begin with is fantastic.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 6 November 2012 23:27:39
    Yeah visually its a stunner. I'm doing bits with the dogs and the sparrow clan, and at times i just sit there taking in the beauty of the world, graphics, colours, tone etc etc. I go to say its one of the better looking games on a ps3 system.
  • SuperBas 7 Nov 2012 17:49:09 1,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just downloaded it, and played it for the first time (didn't own a PS2 or Wii). Wow, this game is amazing.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last