Norway seeking to ban circumcision Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• dominalien 18 Jun 2012 11:36:26 6,861 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Braces is a fair analogy, except correcting tombstone teeth could do a lot for a child's self esteem. Circumcision would only have the same effect in a willy waving contest, and that could go either way depending on which school you go to.
    Would it? Does it make it bigger?

Improving nature to cure complexes is one thing, improving it indiscriminately for religious reasons is much like religion itself: not very sensible and based on half remembered and badly handed down advice which may or may not have been true 500 years ago, and which may or may not apply in the situation at hand. Granted, the Jews being a practical people, theirs is probably better in this respect than most.

PSN: DonOsito

• dominalien 18 Jun 2012 11:37:41 6,861 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    "I think you're suffering from premature ejaculation."
    "does it look like I'm suffering? Those aren't tears on your belly."

There's enough Jewish stand ups to disprove any idea that circumcision can benefit a man in bed.
    A friend of mine will literally only have sex with Jews, because she says they're so much better than the rest of us.

• El_MUERkO 18 Jun 2012 11:38:51 17,033 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If they didn't cut the umbilical cord it'd fall off naturally after a week.
  • elstoof 18 Jun 2012 11:40:11 7,371 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I think they shouldn't cut the umbilical cord. Mutilating a child like that, how dare they.
    Exactly. It should be gnawed of like nature intended.
  • LeoliansBro 18 Jun 2012 11:41:27 44,246 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    @LB:
    That falls off after a few days regardless...
    So. They're still cutting it off. Or should we also punch out the child's milk teeth as they'll fall out eventually too?

Obv I don't actually think any of this, I just think an attempt for the state to interfere in this is heavy handed and unnecessary. Like France's burkha thing.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• sport 18 Jun 2012 11:44:01 12,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We get it LB, you like to cut babies. Let's move on now.
  • AcidSnake 18 Jun 2012 11:47:46 7,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @LB:
    Obviously :)

To me it's a really simple equation, you're cutting a piece of skin off a child for no real reason (not wanting to start a religious debate)...So, no, you don't get to do that...
    When he is 18 years old he can decide for himself what he wants...The Burkha thing is different and I have no problem with...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• faux_carnation 18 Jun 2012 11:49:46 9,339 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So is it that they're trying to legislate against religious indoctrination before the age of consent? It's something that needs to start happening much more imho.
  • dominalien 18 Jun 2012 11:53:34 6,861 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    So is it that they're trying to legislate against religious indoctrination before the age of consent? It's something that needs to start happening much more imho.
    Ah, that would be a very difficult subject. It's much easier to single out a specific act of mutilation and say "thou shalt not mutilatheth" than take a more or less undefined process of shaping a person's psyche and say "you can do this, but you can't do that". A bit like age ratings for games, films, etc: it's easy to say "you see the head being cut off? 18", not so easy to take implied violence, abuse, etc. and put an age rating on it.

• MightyMetalMonkey 18 Jun 2012 11:55:50 600 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sport wrote:
    What's this "clitoris" you all keep talking about?
    I'd draw you a map, but it's more fun to explore...
    (If you reach the brown hole of stinky, go the other way...)
  • kalel 18 Jun 2012 12:05:42 87,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Male circumcision does reduce the sensitivity of the penis for men, so there is a downside to it. On the other hand there are health benefits, so it's not purely done for religious reasons. In America it's extremely common, it's virtually the norm in fact. There is also talk of mandatory circumcision in Africa as it significantly reduces the chances of you getting HIV.

This is all about consent for me. If someone wants it done, then fine, but I think I agree with banning parents doing it to their kids. I chose not to have my son circumcised. I do actually know someone who massively resents his parents for taking that decision on his behalf, and he isn't Jewish and it wasn't done for religious reasons.
  • Dangerous_Dan 18 Jun 2012 12:30:10 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @kalel

There are medical reasons for it, here.
    Masturbatory Insanity was spreading like wildfire. ;)

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 12:31:09 18-06-2012
  • Tonka 18 Jun 2012 12:59:18 20,438 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @LeoliansBro I actually refused to cut my sons umbilical cord for symbolical although non religious reasons.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• TheSaint 18 Jun 2012 13:04:23 14,413 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    DDevil wrote:
    What are the non-religious reasons for having it done anyway? Purely hygenic?
    I think someone has already answered this, something to do with the skin being too tight and causing difficulty urinating / have sex.

I'm sure you can find a You tube video explaining it.
  • Deckard1 18 Jun 2012 13:05:13 27,998 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can't imagine my life without my foreskin. I love the little fella.
  • Fake_Blood 18 Jun 2012 13:11:09 4,213 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pretty sure the dickskin cutting was invented in a sandy desert like environment.
    Sand gets everywhere.
  • Rusty_M 18 Jun 2012 13:14:33 4,692 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    DDevil wrote:
    What are the non-religious reasons for having it done anyway? Purely hygenic?
    I think someone has already answered this, something to do with the skin being too tight and causing difficulty urinating / have sex.

I'm sure you can find a You tube video explaining it.
    if I were at home I'd try to link to a video of an old rainbow episode where Zippy counts how many skins he peels off a banana.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• DFawkes 18 Jun 2012 13:15:59 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A foreskin is a handy thing, especially for keeping Smarties. The warmth melts the chocolate inside a little too, giving them a lovely texture. You have to be careful if it gets too hot as they lose structural integrity and collapse. Definitely don't offer the Smarties to children though, you'll get put on a Register.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 18 June 2012 13:17:38
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Pretty sure the dickskin cutting was invented in a sandy desert like environment.
    Sand gets everywhere.
    I always thought this was the case too. Weren't a lot of the rules about what sort of foods are/aren't permitted often related to conditions in which the religion originated as well?
  • Deleted user 18 June 2012 13:18:49
    DFawkes wrote:
    A foreskin is a handy thing, especially for keeping Smarties. The warmth melts the chocolate inside a little too, giving them a lovely texture. You have to be careful if it gets too hot as they lose structural integrity and collapse. Definitely don't offer the Smarties to children though, you'll get put on a Register.
    Pretty sure I remember a certain EGer using his foreskin to pre-treat certain "special" mints that he wanted to give to colleagues that had pissed him off
  • Deckard1 18 Jun 2012 13:19:30 27,998 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good thread this, I really feel like I've learned something. I know all about rusty knifed clitoris removal, I learned that LB gets his kicks out of skinning babies, I learned that some peoples foreskins are too tight and that makes peeing difficult, and finally I've learned that the tip of kalels penis isn't as sensitive as he'd like.

All in all a very informative thread.
  • neilka 18 Jun 2012 13:19:41 15,956 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Just don't put Fruit Gums in there, once they melt they're essentially superglue :(

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• kalel 18 Jun 2012 13:26:02 87,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @kalel

There are medical reasons for it, here.
    Masturbatory Insanity was spreading like wildfire. ;)
    That's what I said there are health reasons, and said some of them.
  • warlockuk 18 Jun 2012 13:31:44 19,169 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do the Jews still suck the baby's cock after circumcision? Remember that rabbi who gave kids herpes? :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• localnotail 18 Jun 2012 13:33:01 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    @LeoliansBro I actually refused to cut my sons umbilical cord for symbolical although non religiwous reasons.
    I assume someone did though, it he would've been dragging a bloody placenta around with him for a week or so.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 18 June 2012 13:34:37
    .... Had it done when I was about 17/18, and it felt much better after. On topic, eh, I don't actually know why they do it in the Jewish faith so I'm not going to start throwing around opinions.
  • dominalien 18 Jun 2012 13:35:02 6,861 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    @LeoliansBro I actually refused to cut my sons umbilical cord for symbolical although non religiwous reasons.
    I assume someone did though, it he would've been dragging a bloody placenta around with him for a week or so.
    He would have, if he'd been able to walk/crawl. As it was, it would have probably only hung there limply as he was lying in the crib.

• 1Dgaf 18 Jun 2012 13:36:23 3,832 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surely the 'medical evidence' for religious reasons would have been reasonably recent - as would have been sterile, or even safe, operating conditions.

I imagine for a long, long time people were getting infections and falling ill. Not very health concious at all.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• Deleted user 18 June 2012 13:39:32
    dominalien wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    He would have, if he'd been able to walk/crawl. As it was, it would have probably only hung there limply as he was lying in the crib.
    Lotus birth. Usually wrap the placenta and leave it attached until it falls off naturally (a couple of weeks). I know the NHS cut the cord *way* too early but Lotus is a little extreme ;-)
  • Page

of 5 First / Last