Norway seeking to ban circumcision Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• X201 18 Jun 2012 10:14:24 15,488 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I had no idea you could get female circumcision? What does entail?
    Various cutting and slicing followed by stitching the hole up to a ridiculously small size so that sex is painful and urination problems and infections abound.
  • MetalDog 18 Jun 2012 10:25:35 23,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They used to break their feet and fold the toes over underneath. I suspect it was as much about stopping the women from being fully mobile as it was about aesthetics . Much harder to run away when you can't even walk properly. Some of the women had rope pulley systems in the kitchens so that they could cook while crippled by pulling themselves around on wooden seats.

Hooray for mankind.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• onestepfromlost 18 Jun 2012 10:31:12 2,070 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /stops constructing pulley system

huh, wha?
  • LeoliansBro 18 Jun 2012 10:31:52 44,279 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm actually finding this ban more intrusive and abhorrent the more I think about it. Aside from anything else there is no real downside to circumcision and some genuine hygienic benefits, as well as a weighty religious background which, while not sufficient reason in itself were the mutilation genuinely disadvantageous, should not be treated lightly.

Or alternatively, should they also ban braces to correct teeth in minors?

Sorry if any of the above comes from a position of ignorance btw - not really knowledgeable and would be interested to hear counter arguments.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• AcidSnake 18 Jun 2012 10:36:10 7,278 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @LB:
    Not sure about the hygiene thing though, last I heard it didn't change anything (granted, last I heard of it was Penn & Teller's Bullshit)...

It's still cutting flesh off children we're talking about here...I'm all for people getting circumcisions if they want it once they're adults though...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Tonka 18 Jun 2012 10:38:38 20,451 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    It's a tricky area. In sweden it's forbidden to perform female circumcision, even with the womans consent (the idea being that she will be forced by her family anyways).

Yet plenty of women do plastic surgery on their labidas every year. So, as it works right now, white christian females can do whatever they want to their sexes and their darker sisters of strange religions can't.

And how about piercings?
    Just the most bizarre set of comparisons I've ever read. Wtf does plastic surgery or piercings have to do with slicing a girl's clit off with a razorblade?
    It was meant as an illustration of what a tricky area this is. (Religious mutilation and medical practices and the law)

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• sport 18 Jun 2012 10:39:17 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    no real downside to circumcision and some genuine hygienic benefits
    Well there are some cases of infection setting in, botched jobs etc and apart from the previously mentioned foreskin problem, I don't see the hygienic benefits at all.
  • mrpon 18 Jun 2012 10:43:39 28,939 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Aside from anything else there is no real downside to circumcision
    Think I'd prefer knocking one off with it [foreskin] tbh.

Edited by mrpon at 10:44:05 18-06-2012

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Tonka 18 Jun 2012 10:44:04 20,451 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @EyeLand Like the appendix?
    Dirtbox: by this I actually mean that there ARE things that we DON'T need tha WON'T fall of by themselves

I might need to clarify this even further. The reason for me pointing this out is that I DON'T think you can base an argument on "If it wasn't supposed to be there it wouldn't be there" Then treatment of cancer would be illegal. PLEASE NOTE, the cancer reference is just an ILLUSTRATION. I'm NOT saying cancer and appendix removals are the same thing.

Edited by Tonka at 10:45:57 18-06-2012

• sport 18 Jun 2012 10:46:57 12,739 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    @EyeLand Like the appendix?
    Dirtbox: by this I actually mean that there ARE things that we DON'T need tha WON'T fall of by themselves
    Maybe we should cut off baby boy nipples while we're at it.
  • onestepfromlost 18 Jun 2012 10:48:40 2,070 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But generally the appendix will not be removed unless there is a legitimate reason.
  • ram 18 Jun 2012 10:49:00 3,481 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One woman of very limited power in the government is hardly "Norway seeking to ban circumcision"
  • elstoof 18 Jun 2012 10:49:52 7,396 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When the sleeve works it's way back and the pink Vader helmet chafes against my underfabrics, I consider that to be a downside because it bloody hurts. May not be a problem for a guy who's had is knob desensitised from years of chafing but I'd rather not have a calloused bell end given the choice.
  • onestepfromlost 18 Jun 2012 10:51:13 2,070 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well i could be wrong having not had the chop myself but doesnt being chopped desentisise the bellend
  • X201 18 Jun 2012 10:54:56 15,488 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    Well i could be wrong having not had the chop myself but doesnt being chopped desentisise the bellend
    No, (insert poster here) still posts regardless of how much we insult them.
  • Tonka 18 Jun 2012 11:04:38 20,451 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @LeoliansBro Ignoring the fact that you equates braces with having a clitoris removed with a rusty nail Dirtbox: I don't actually believe LB is doing this. The purpose of me saying so is to illustrate how silly I found your post. I think the main problem is that it's done by someone not being a doctor in a place that isn't a hospital.

• localnotail 18 Jun 2012 11:06:28 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Down with bris kind of thing
    /polite applause.

Tough on Jews, tough on the causes of Jews.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• LeoliansBro 18 Jun 2012 11:16:52 44,279 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tonka, what are you talking about? I absolutely do not approve of female circumcision, which is abhorrent.

• Load_2.0 18 Jun 2012 11:20:02 19,296 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rather sexist LB, if a woman want to sail around the world we should let her.
  • Stickman 18 Jun 2012 11:24:41 29,666 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka's just having his own little conversation with himself, bless him.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• LeoliansBro 18 Jun 2012 11:25:03 44,279 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Rather sexist LB, if a woman want to sail around the world we should let her.
    Women should know their place.

• dominalien 18 Jun 2012 11:28:42 6,882 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doesn't circumcision make you able to go on forever during sex, as the knob becomes desensitised through years of contact with materials other than moist foreskin, so you're much less prone to spontaneously and unexpectedly coming?

PSN: DonOsito

• elstoof 18 Jun 2012 11:29:55 7,396 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Braces is a fair analogy, except correcting tombstone teeth could do a lot for a child's self esteem. Circumcision would only have the same effect in a willy waving contest, and that could go either way depending on which school you go to.
  • X201 18 Jun 2012 11:32:10 15,488 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    While we're on the clarification bent; there is now new thinking that the Appendix may play a role in protecting gut bacteria.
  • elstoof 18 Jun 2012 11:33:17 7,396 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "I think you're suffering from premature ejaculation."
    "does it look like I'm suffering? Those aren't tears on your belly."

There's enough Jewish stand ups to disprove any idea that circumcision can benefit a man in bed.
  • LeoliansBro 18 Jun 2012 11:33:53 44,279 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think they shouldn't cut the umbilical cord. Mutilating a child like that, how dare they.

• AcidSnake 18 Jun 2012 11:36:24 7,278 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @LB:
    That falls off after a few days regardless...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Page

of 5 First / Last