Revisiting past generations Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 10:59:52 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @flowerpower019 - nope, you're not the only one, I thought they were good too

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 11:03:51 3,264 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

Oh come on quad, we all know how cheap those extension cables are!

I actually went through my bank statement the other day out of curiosity to see how much i'd spent on retro games/consoles/accessories since i started this thread.

I would like to tell you how much, but im genuinely terrified that my mrs could somehow stumble upon this thread and read it, in which case she would kill me and everyone ive ever met.....

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 11:08:07 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @quadfather

Oh come on quad, we all know how cheap those extension cables are!

I actually went through my bank statement the other day out of curiosity to see how much i'd spent on retro games/consoles/accessories since i started this thread.

I would like to tell you how much, but im genuinely terrified that my mrs could somehow stumble upon this thread and read it, in which case she would kill me and everyone ive ever met.....
    1.55 with free postage, as it happens :p

Tell me about spending. I have an unhealthy addiction to vinyl records. You really don't want to know how much I've spent on those. In fact, neither do I!

And guttingly, the Wii U is the very first console that I haven't bought on launch day. Just couldn't afford it. Tried everything, but just couldn't get it.

Still got everything in the attic from the spectrum/snes (computer/console paths respectively) onwards.

Except the bloody wii u !

It's actually starting to do my head in a little bit :)

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 11:11:11 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave - do you collect old pc games too? Like the stuff gog sells really cheap?

If so, this and dosbox may sate your thirst a bit

/stealth old pc game addiction post

• Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 11:13:19 3,264 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    WiiU is definitely worth getting mate, ZombiU, NSMBU and Nintendoland are excellent - with the games they announced yesterday too, its definitely worth picking one up.

However, i wouldnt be surprised if a 3DS-style price-cut is around the corner, so might be worth hanging on a bit.

As far as the spending on retro stuff goes, when i got the final amount on my calculator, i actually threw up a little bit in my mouth......thats all i can say.

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 11:24:45 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    WiiU is definitely worth getting mate, ZombiU, NSMBU and Nintendoland are excellent - with the games they announced yesterday too, its definitely worth picking one up.

However, i wouldnt be surprised if a 3DS-style price-cut is around the corner, so might be worth hanging on a bit.

As far as the spending on retro stuff goes, when i got the final amount on my calculator, i actually threw up a little bit in my mouth......thats all i can say.
    Yeah, I'll get one eventually, I'll just have to be patient.

Lol @ calculator response :)

In that case, you definitely need to visit that link I posted above. It'll help calm you down!

Still, I've never seen a hearse with a baggage rack...

• Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 11:28:17 3,264 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    :lol:

As far as the PC games go, i think that is where im officially drawing the line - havent bought any yet and my wallet is pleading with me to stick to retro consoles only.

Its also reminding me about the human body needing food and water every day.......who knew?

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 11:35:34 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave - so what has all this audacious spending got you so far then?

Bet you haven't got a phillips videopac G7000 :p

• javvyman 25 Jan 2013 12:30:11 707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave - so what has all this audacious spending got you so far then?

Bet you haven't got a phillips videopac G7000 :p
    Also curious, what's your haul so far?

On a side note, started playing WW from the beginning yesterday...
    My oh my, it looks amazing! don't know if it's because i'm playing on my Wii through component or if it's just my Panny Plasma doing a stellar job of upscaling, but it looks HDesque, better than I ever got it looking back in the day.
  • quadfather 25 Jan 2013 13:30:24 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

Specifically to do your head in even more :)

• Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 13:51:49 3,264 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

Now thats a question!

Lucky for you though, i purchased an iPhone app that lets me store my entire game collection, so i've all the info to hand (I am soooo cool) :

- An original Playstation, mint condition in the box. For games, i picked up MGS, Resident Evil 2, Gran Turismo, Silent Hill, GTA and GTA 2 - made sure they were all in great condition too.

- An original N64, mint condition in the box also. Only Picked up Zelda : Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye so far, but both mint condition (prices on them is hilarious).

- Gamecube, black, mint condition. Games so far being Animal Crossing, Mario Smash Football, MGS : Twin Snakes, Pikmin 1+2, Star Fox Adventures, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Viewtiful Joe and REmake (curse you DUFFMAN5!).

- Original Xbox - limited edition Halo xbox, mint condition. The amont of games i've got for it are ridiculous - 007 : Everything or nothing, Burnout, Counter-Strike, Doom 3, Enter the Matrix, GTA : San Andreas, Half-Life 2, Halo, Halo 2, Manhunt, MGS 2 : Substance, Psychonauts, Quantum Redshift, Rallisport Challenge, Star Wars Battlefront II, KOTOR, Star Wars : Republic Commando, The Thing and Timesplitters : Future Perfect.

- Dreamcast - didnt need the console, but spent a fortune on games and accessories. Picked up Crazy Taxi, Headhunter, Jet Set Radio, Metropolis Street Racer, Shenmue, Shenmue II, Starlancer and Toy Commander. Also managed to pick up a new, sealed controller and two VMUs.

- Saturn - Again, didnt need the console and havent picked up that many games : Nights into dreams, Wipeout and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

So there we go, thats everything. If you want to price all that up, you'd probably shat yourself the same way i did..........

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 13:52:58 25-01-2013

• javvyman 25 Jan 2013 14:25:18 707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Off the top of my head, i'd say you paid around 800 for that lot.

How much did your Halo Xbox set you back? really wanted to get one back in the day, could've had it for 50 new :(
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 14:50:10 3,264 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    Off the top of my head, i'd say you paid around 800 for that lot.
    @javvyman

I can neither confirm or deny that wild accusation! as it happens, your not far off.....

The Halo xbox was a complete surprise/fluke. Bought it off Amazon. The seller simply listed it as "Original Xbox, mint condition, still with original box, etc" but they didnt say anything about it being the Halo special edition.

Was quite chuffed when i opened the box!. They do go for ridiculous money these days, however, i dont think the person who sold it to me realised it was different from a standard version.

Paid 46 :D

• javvyman 25 Jan 2013 14:59:54 707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Love the transluscent consoles.
    Around 10 years ago, almost got hold of a limited edition blue N64, totally mint, boxed...
    Was trying to trade in a PS1, raggedy old thing, just the controller and a couple of games. To my surprise, they were offering enough trade to get the N64 for nothing... the clerk had other ideas though, came up with some cock and bull about the PS1 not having the right AV inputs, refused my trade :(
    This was at Gamestation mind, back when they were a bunch of scutty oppurtunists.

Still think about it to this day, the one that got away :cry:
  • quadfather 25 Jan 2013 15:31:39 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nice list of kit there. Good haulage skills

Wish I'd have kept my limited edition resident evil 4 gc :/

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 15:31:59 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tho I still have the resi4 gc pad though :)

• javvyman 25 Jan 2013 15:37:33 707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @quadfather

You mean the Chainsaw controller?

Remember buying that with the intention of hoarding it.... Then we moved house, and the Mrs had me sell it :( only got a tenner for it! worth 50 now grrrrrr
  • quadfather 25 Jan 2013 17:37:19 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @javvyman - bummer

Mine wasn't the chainsaw one, its just the one that has the resi 4 branding on it
    And talking of Mrs getting me to sell things, I've had to get rid of loads of things over the years
    /sniff

• andijames 25 Jan 2013 22:09:07 2,693 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I used to have a mint mega drive with mega cd (v1) and nighttrap but sold them for a pittance years ago. Still have the urge to collect the old consoles thou. Nice collection mr soundwave!

vivir el momento

• quadfather 26 Jan 2013 11:27:08 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shit!

Went to play eternal darkness this morning and can't find my resident evil gc pad, nor the bloody memory card

FFS!

Now I'll have to buy both, just to play this bloody game again!

(Though we are talking a grand total of 8 for the pad and 1 for the card...)

Edited by quadfather at 11:29:49 26-01-2013

• dsmx 26 Jan 2013 12:42:05 7,555 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I recently installed PCSX2 on my PC to see if burnout 3, ssx tricky and SSX3 were as good as I remember. Tricky hasn't aged that well, burnout 3 still kicks ass even if there's a few issues with emulating it at the moment but dear god SSX3 is still insanely good. I'll work my onto some other PS2 games later on.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Ultrasoundwave 28 Jan 2013 09:57:39 3,264 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    I'll work my onto some other PS2 games later on.
    Been banging on for ages to my mrs that i wanted to pick up a new, sealed PS2 and shes gone and got me one for my birthday.

Very torn what to do now though - leave it sealed in the box and let it appreciate in value over the next 10-20 years or open it up and pick up some of the great games ive missed out on.

/ third world problems

• quadfather 28 Jan 2013 10:04:04 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right, I can order my new gc controller and a memory card now I've finally been paid.

Ultra - you ordered eternal darkness?

• Ultrasoundwave 28 Jan 2013 10:06:43 3,264 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

I get paid tomorrow mate, so its on my list along with Project Justice for the Dreamcast.

Is it really that good then?

• Page

of 8 First / Last