No not very good...it is fookin excellent! you
    need to play it

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 12:08:59 06-01-2013

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Ultrasoundwave 6 Jan 2013 12:12:37 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Cheers Duff, will check some prices online. Any other stand-out GC games in your opinion?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Red_Bool 6 Jan 2013 15:58:17 1,174 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave - for the N64, I'd say Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Tooie, Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark. If you can find it (I still regret selling my copy) Conkers Bad Fur Day is excellent, a real labor of love :)
    Personally I also really like Jet Force Gemini.

For the Gamecube I'd recommend Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and Star Wars Rogue Leader.

I actually have all of these still in my possession, my youngest is playing Wind Waker on the Wii atm :)
    Somehow I never sell anything from Nintendo, whereas my PS1 and PS2 collection are long gone...
  • Ultrasoundwave 6 Jan 2013 16:22:30 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave - for the N64, I'd say Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Tooie, Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark. If you can find it (I still regret selling my copy) Conkers Bad Fur Day is excellent, a real labor of love :)
    Personally I also really like Jet Force Gemini.

For the Gamecube I'd recommend Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and Star Wars Rogue Leader.

I actually have all of these still in my possession, my youngest is playing Wind Waker on the Wii atm :)
    Somehow I never sell anything from Nintendo, whereas my PS1 and PS2 collection are long gone...
    Cool mate, really good that your passing on classics to the young 'un!.

Don't want to ruin your day but Conkers Bad Fur Day is kind of priceless these days - goes for ridiculous money :/

• -cerberus- 6 Jan 2013 16:30:25 3,138 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Indeed... I remember spending quite a bit of money about four years ago for a complete boxed copy in mint condition. Great game though, but the camera can be an absolute bitch to deal with.

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Red_Bool 6 Jan 2013 16:37:05 1,174 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Cool mate, really good that your passing on classics to the young 'un!.
    Cheers :D My kids are still at an age that unimportant things like graphics don't bother them, so now's the time to educate them ;)

Don't want to ruin your day but Conkers Bad Fur Day is kind of priceless these days - goes for ridiculous money :/
    I know :( Although I don't regret selling it for the money. As I said I normally never sell anything from Nintendo (I still have a SNES and gameboy color). So it's more like an essential part of my collection is now missing :(
  • Ultrasoundwave 6 Jan 2013 17:03:48 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only two copies currently on Amazon - both going for 100!!!, plus one of them is 'Cartridge Only'!

:eek:

• Ultrasoundwave 7 Jan 2013 09:05:10 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Managed to find a list of the most rare and valuable Gamecube games.

True enough, i've looked them all up on Amazon and some of the prices are ridiculous - MGS : Twin Snakes being the main culprit!.

Need to get saving methinks.......

• Ultrasoundwave 14 Jan 2013 12:57:00 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Managed to pick up a bunch of games - Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye for the N64 then i've got Pikmin 1+2 plus Super Mario Strikers for the Gamecube.

Both consoles working perfectly, especially the Gamecube which im pretty sure was taken out of the box once then never used again - its in amazing condition.

Goldeneye - wow, this game has dated. Couldnt get my head around the controls either, but i can definitely see its charm.

Very impressed with the Gamecube - Super Mario Strikers is excellent!

Got a few other games on the way, plus a couple of memory cards. Think ill need a few more controllers though - my mate recommended a "Wavebird" for the GC, anyone know what that is exactly?

• PazJohnMitch 14 Jan 2013 13:13:52 8,310 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The wavebird is a wireless controller for the GC.
  • quadfather 14 Jan 2013 13:17:31 12,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave - you've got Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the GC yes?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Ultrasoundwave 14 Jan 2013 13:22:12 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

Not yet mate, its one of the few GC games thats holding its value quite well. Will have to wait until pay day, dont worry i will get it though!

Never heard of the Wavebird before, a wireless controller for the GC would be quite handy though.....

• DUFFMAN5 14 Jan 2013 17:35:10 14,959 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

Cheers Duff, will check some prices online. Any other stand-out GC games in your opinion?
    I assume you have REmake ? if not it is another game you need to play. It was the sole reason I bought a cube, although I did end up playing many great games on it.

• Ultrasoundwave 24 Jan 2013 15:12:40 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Is that Resident Evil 0? , if so no, havent picked it up yet.

However, in the last week or so i've picked up Animal Crossing, MGS : The Twin Snakes, Viewtiful Joe, Star Fox Adventures and Star Wars : Rogue Leader.

Still waiting for a memory card to show up, soon as it does though, im all over these games like white on rice.

Whatever that means.....

• DUFFMAN5 24 Jan 2013 15:20:58 14,959 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave
    No, it is the remake and reimagining of Resident Evil and it is stunning. Have a look at some footage on youtube.

RE0 is a diff game, and good but not a patch on REmake.

• Ultrasoundwave 24 Jan 2013 15:24:56 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Just bought off Amazon - 12.

Dont know if i should thank-you or slap you.......costing me a fortune with your tantalising recommendations!

• RyanDS 24 Jan 2013 15:27:42 9,577 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @quadfather

Not yet mate, its one of the few GC games thats holding its value quite well. Will have to wait until pay day, dont worry i will get it though!

Never heard of the Wavebird before, a wireless controller for the GC would be quite handy though.....
    Eternal Darkness is by far the best game on the GC. I highly reccomend getting it even at a high price.
  • jellyhead 24 Jan 2013 15:48:56 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I should have a look at my GC collection. I know i have none of the Ultra-Rare titles but i do have several of the games from the lower tiers.

Not that i'll sell anything. I love my GC even though the Wii has better GC output.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• javvyman 24 Jan 2013 15:52:36 716 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave Been following this thread, and gotta say, very impressed with your round-up so far.
    Had an N64 that I gave to my brother 5 years ago, told me to sell everything a year later... only got about 120 in total, 30 for CFBD! :(

After the announcement of WW HD yesterday, was looking for it on eBay, all over 30, was about to buy it, then suddenly remembered some games I had stashed away at the back of my draw.
    Found - Zelda WW, Phantasy Star 1&2 that I didn't even know I had!
    Also gathered up MGS TS, Beyond Good & Evil, Zelda CE, Zelda CE. All of which I knew I had, but still a nice haul.

Booted up WW on my Wii, looks fantastic! only did half of it the first time 8 or so years ago, so time for a re-run from the start methinks.
    Also, tried Phantasy Star, not working on my Wii, anyone know if it was one of the few that wasn't compatible? got a GC but no AV cable :-(

Edited by javvyman at 15:56:08 24-01-2013
  • L_Franko Moderator 24 Jan 2013 16:06:51 9,694 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been playing the original StarCraft over the last few nights and it is brilliant. Never played it before because all my gaming was taken up by TA and I forgot all about it at the time.
    Found a copy in my flatmate's pile of old pc games along with the add-on so I nicked it.
  • Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 16:26:31 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @L_Franko If you are into classic RTS then you may also want to try KKND. I don't know what it is, it's a bit trashy but it's charming. Mutants vs Survialists. Krush Kill 'n' Destroy! It's a small fun game

• L_Franko Moderator 24 Jan 2013 16:36:11 9,694 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan

That looks great! I'm a sucker for old RTS games and if they have FMV bring it on. I have heard of this game but not seen it in motion.
    I may have to look for a copy.
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 16:50:30 12,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave - right, you *must* have got Eternal Darkness by now, yes? :)

• HelloNo 24 Jan 2013 17:47:26 1,153 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm giving Temple of Elemental Evil a try. It's actually pretty tough, but it's extremely fluid and the FPS is nice.
  • javvyman 24 Jan 2013 17:50:45 716 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

Just been browsing some Gamecube games on CEX.
    Prices are better than Ebay, gotta pay 2.50 for postage.
    I'd say get Star Wars Rogue Leader

Comes upto 35, well worth it IMO.
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 09:48:07 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

For some reason, i keep forgetting about it!

Rest assured, im pretty sure payday is on Monday for me, so it will be top of my list.

@javvyman

Cheers for that, will have a look around their site to see what i can find. Definitely been very impressed by the Gamecube so far.....

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 09:57:36 12,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave - good man. And check this out

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 09:58:19 12,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Might fire it up myself actually, it's a fucking brilliant game

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 10:59:26 12,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sigh, even talking about eternal darkness has just made me go and buy a gamecube extension cable so I can play it comfortably on my wii setup now.

This is all your fault USW :)

• Page

of 8 First / Last