Velocity

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • recurv 12 Jun 2012 21:21:49 3 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hiya,

Pretty new here and looking to get feedback on our new game Velocity for PS minis (PSP/Vita/PS3).

Has anyone here tried it? If so, what do you think? If we get a chance to take the game further, what would you like to see differently?

If you've not tried it, please share your thoughts why not - no trophies/minis are shit/too busy/not your kind of game.

Any feedback is welcome!

Here's a couple of vids:

Call yourself a gamer? #showthumbrespect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnw3Xa20Ac

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfeZ6oraxks

Elite Speed Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odqiZd9P_uI

Reviews here: http://www.velocitygame.co.uk/press.php?page=press

Thanks!

James @FuturLab (recurv)
  • RunningMan 12 Jun 2012 21:51:42 2,419 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I plan to buy this as soon as my psn voucher arrives. The edge review did it for me. Best of luck and hope it sells loads.
  • HiddenAway 12 Jun 2012 22:34:30 14,901 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm very slowly working my way through the game. Liking it a lot!

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Flying_Pig 12 Jun 2012 22:59:58 11,045 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got it too. Played a dozen or so levels and really like it - certainly better than most of the minis out there.

Unfortunately doesn't get much of a look in against Everybody's Golf :)
  • jonsaan 12 Jun 2012 23:31:27 25,353 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is superb. The most I have enjoyed any game in a while. My only negative is that I don't want to play it too much as there are not enough levels. I don't want it to end. I have already heaped a lot of praise on it in the main Vita thread btw.

FCUTA!

• brn 13 Jun 2012 07:56:59 231 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Velocity is brilliant. I know you can't have leaderboards with the minis format but hopefully a new installment could be vita native, thus allowing it? It's the only thing missing really. Here's a wishlist in case of a sequel:

leaderboards
    arcade mode/more traditional progression. where you get 3 lives and see how far into the game you can get (points carry over to the next level etc)
    worlds! some different themed worlds would have been lovely, maybe up the colour palette a little bit.
    bosses! I know you wanted to do this but didn't have time/resources, but maybe for a sequel you will!
  • Ziz0u 13 Jun 2012 08:20:46 8,392 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely buying this as soon as I have cash. It looks great :)
  • recurv 13 Jun 2012 15:20:39 3 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Awesome!

Thanks for all the feedback folks :)

Very good to hear.

Keep it coming!

Cheers,

James
  • el_pollo_diablo 13 Jun 2012 20:46:17 2,088 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi

I'm also really enjoying it so far. I like the vibe of it - it reminds me of being 15 again and playing Xenon 2 Megablast on my Amiga.

I'd quite like a Vita specific edition just so it'd look a little crisper, but I think the simplicity of the design can stay the same - from what I've played so far (up to level 10, too many other games to play) the fun is in the level design and mastering your ship and what it can do. I don't think it needs extra ship types or weapon types.

Mind you I say that yet Pixeljunk Shooter did the whole elemental weapons thing and that really worked, so don't listen to me. Chuck it all in.

What games were you inspired by when you made it? Did it turn out the way you originally hoped? Has the positive reception been a surprise?
  • recurv 14 Jun 2012 10:49:12 3 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo

Happy you're enjoying it, thanks for the feedback :)

I was mostly inspired by Street Fighter and WipEout. You can reach a level of twitch-zen on those games where you can get so good that it looks insane to watch, but at the same time, anyone can pick it up and have fun immediately.

It was important to me that the very first level be challenging enough to turn skilled players on, and be simple and straightforward enough that less skilled players don't feel overwhelmed.

The trick here was to include the different tiered rewards, and for the controls to be precise.

I would have hoped for more polish, but on the whole I'm generally happy with the way it turned out :)

The positive reception hasn't been a surprise, we knew it was a great game ;)

Cheers,

James
  • Progguitarist 22 Jun 2012 12:09:21 10,450 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is an absolutely brilliant game. I got it free with PS+ but would have happily paid for it.

I've not finished it yet but it's my go to game on Vita at the moment. I hope it has sold well because it'd be awesome to see what you guys could do with a budget.

Top notch.
  • infoxicated 22 Jun 2012 15:09:12 1,132 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd forgotten I had this because I went back to Unit 13 and Motorstorm RC after that was patched.

I played about ten levels or so the first day I got it, but it's quite intense - I can only concentrate on all the mechanics for so long. Will definitely get back into it again.

If all Minis were of the quality of Velocity they wouldn't have such a bad reputation. :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next