Pathfinder Online

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Nostrus 10 Jun 2012 09:10:58 376 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hello folks,

I thought I would introduce you to a new MMO in development by a start-up called Goblinworks Inc. based on the award-winning universe created by Paizo, Golarion.

The game is set to take up much of the framework of Eve Online (the lead developer is Ryan Dancey, formerly of CCP) mixed with some other elements of MMOs that have come our recently. You can find all of the development released so far at http://www.goblinworks.com/blog.

It's still early in the cycle but they are purchasing middleware so that they can cut out engine development and stick to the art assets and mechanics.

They are not intending to take on Blizzard and are rather interested in building a dedicated fanbase and growing the business much like CCP did with Eve Online.
  • Nostrus 10 Jun 2012 16:13:54 376 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't believe there is much that is truly unique (what is in the MMO market these days?) however they are aiming to release a polished title which will permit you to emulate the Eve Online experience but in a polished fantasy world.

For me, it's the MMO I've really been waiting for. Settlements can be managed and you'll be able to work your way up to participating in a kingdom.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 10 Jun 2012 16:48:28 37,372 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh it's Fantaszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next