wii online multiplayer games

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • tenofspades 7 Jun 2012 21:29:44 1,693 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Other than Mario Kart, is there any wii online mulitplayer games worth playing?
  • HiddenAway 7 Jun 2012 23:28:53 14,918 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would have recommended Monster Hunter but I don't even know if it's still going or if any of the community here still play...

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• maniac_mouse 9 Jun 2012 19:37:20 59 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I seem to remember a Pokemon battle game, it was awful. Nice graphics though.
    Oh u meant ones worth playing, no idea , can't recall many offline ones worth playing for more than a few hours tbh.

Edited by maniac_mouse at 19:39:45 09-06-2012
  • DFawkes 9 Jun 2012 19:54:17 23,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That Pokemon game was basically just an arena mdoe in 3D, wasn't it? Pokemon Battle Revolution certainly wasn't a revolution.

As unhelpful as it is on its own, here's the list of online games from Wikipedia:

Online Wii Games! Some of those are just leaderboards or passive DLC though.

Animal Crossing is fun if you're into that sort thing, but really need you to have friends. Call of Duty is as solid and playable as ever, and (despite looking rough - worse than PS2 quality in places) is quite enjoyable, as well as having the persistent levelling people seem to enjoy. If you're into FPS games, The Conduit 1 & 2 are alright considering you can get them cheap if you shop around.

I had quite a lot of fun with Bond games Quantum of Solace and Goldeneye too. Super Smash Bros. is also a bit of fun and doesn't take itself too seriously.

The strongest is probably Monster Hunter Tri though, tons of depth that'll keep you going for a good while, should you enjoy it :) I'd recommend that if I had to recommend just one.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• maniac_mouse 10 Jun 2012 12:24:05 59 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    That Pokemon game was basically just an arena mdoe in 3D, wasn't it? Pokemon Battle Revolution certainly wasn't a revolution.
    Yup, it was incredibly simplistic and waiting half hour for another player to pop up online wasn't uncommon when I tried it a few years ago.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next