Django Unchained Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • greg_wha 20 Jan 2013 13:08:34 191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    R. Dogs / Pulp > Jackie Brown > Kill Bill 1/2 >>> Basterds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Django.
  • fletch7100 21 Jan 2013 19:17:21 7,127 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Saw it today and loved it. Samuel l Jacksons character reminded me of a lighter version of Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks. Well the first time we meet him he did
  • Mola_Ram 30 Jan 2013 10:40:04 7,135 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Interesting write-up/review here, for those interested about scenes that were cut out and whatnot.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:42:33 30-01-2013
  • GuiltySpark 30 Jan 2013 11:08:37 6,351 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never really got the Kill Bill 2 hate. It's definitely the better film out of itself and Django. At least I actually cared about the characters in KB.

Get bent.

• SuperCoolEskimo 30 Jan 2013 11:22:57 9,756 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent film but why oh why did they put hip hop tracks into the soundtrack at random places? So out of place. Just let Ennio do the whole score ffs.

But overall I think Sergio Leone would approve of the film.

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 11:23:23 30-01-2013
  • ecureuil 30 Jan 2013 11:33:38 76,651 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tarantino has always been eclectic with his music choices.
  • GuiltySpark 30 Jan 2013 11:37:25 6,351 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought the majority of music in this was superb.

Get bent.

• SuperCoolEskimo 30 Jan 2013 11:41:14 9,756 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was a bit inconsistent for my liking. Going from Ennio to Rick Ross to Ennio and then to Tupac didn't work for me.

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 11:41:33 30-01-2013
  • binky Moderator 2 Feb 2013 18:54:07 9,559 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, yet it's the first QT flick that I came out picking holes in. Personally I think it was a tad too long and I agree with the comments that the soundtrack had a few too many misses (I was looking forward to the soundtrack almost as much as the film itself!)

Waltz was superb, I agree with the comment earlier saying he should be in everything :D

"Please, call me Leo" made me laugh a lot, in fact this is definitely his funniest movie yet. The bag head scene was cracking, absolutely out of place beyond belief but so funny. QT's cameo in that scene was ace, his acting later on was shocking though :D

Oh and Jonah Hill.... Why? Odd.

Oh, and Sam the man had the entire cinema laughing its arse off with his initial scene outside Candy Land!
  • Lukus 2 Feb 2013 19:18:13 19,037 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I never really got the Kill Bill 2 hate. It's definitely the better film out of itself and Django. At least I actually cared about the characters in KB.
    I disagree strongly. Kill Bill 2 I just found really dull. And it had a whole other preceding film setting up the characters for you to care about, unlike Django.

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 2 February 2013 19:35:05
    As you know, I’m quite keen on comic books. Especially the ones about superheroes. I find the whole mythology surrounding superheroes fascinating.

Take my favorite superhero, Superman. Not a great comic book. Not particularly well-drawn. But the mythology… The mythology is not only great, it’s unique.

Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is, there’s the superhero and there’s the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he’s Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone.

Superman didn’t become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he’s Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red “S” –that’s the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears – the glasses, the business suit – that’s the costume. That’s the costume Superman wears to blend in with us.

Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He’s weak… He’s unsure of himself… He’s a coward.

Clark Kent is Superman’s critique on the whole human race.
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Feb 2013 19:44:03 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thoroughly enjoyed this yesterday evening.

The dinner table scene with the skull is the absolute highlight ... tense as the word tense can be!

The shoot out near the end was super-duper great too.

Only niggle is that I think it should have ended sooner like when Django gave up, or maybe just show his grinning face as the house blew up ... but you know, it was so enjoyable I didn't mind.

Still like Pulp Fiction the best though.
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 19:47:48
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

The dinner table scene with the skull is the absolute highlight ... tense as the word tense can be!

gh.

Leo is great in that.
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 19:54:05
    Incredible movie. Tarantino at his absolute best.
  • fletch7100 2 Feb 2013 20:21:07 7,127 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Walton Goggins put in another good display as well.
  • GuiltySpark 2 Feb 2013 20:22:10 6,351 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I disagree strongly. Kill Bill 2 I just found really dull. And it had a whole other preceding film setting up the characters for you to care about, unlike Django.
    Not having a preceding film isn't an excuse for poor characterisation though. Django's wife was a complete non-entity.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 2 Feb 2013 20:22:43 6,351 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Walton Goggins put in another good display as well.
    I think I wooped a little bit when I saw his name in the starting credits.

Get bent.

• Mola_Ram 3 Feb 2013 09:36:12 7,135 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    If there ever was an "unpopular movie opinions" thread to match the gaming one, I'd have this:

Overall I liked Kill Bill pt2 more than pt1.

And yeah, I rate them both more than Django. Which is not to say that I didn't like this, of course. Quite the opposite!

Edited by Mola_Ram at 09:36:55 03-02-2013
  • Tonka 3 Feb 2013 12:17:33 20,145 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @binky I thought the bag head scene was abysmal. On part with what err ad-libbed when I was in highschool and made some show making fun of the teachers.

I hope to good it was improvised.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 3 February 2013 21:09:27
    Post deleted
  • beastmaster 18 Feb 2013 20:30:47 11,292 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• DUFFMAN5 6 Nov 2013 20:11:18 14,529 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I Only just got around to this and LOVED it. Big QT fan anyway, but even with that I thought it was great. Christoph Waltz turns in another brilliant performance as does Jamie Foxx.
    Soundtrack was spot on as were the showdowns.

The only scene I was not sure if i liked was the KKK style bag on the head bit, I did think it was funny and that QT was trying to say how absurd and who indeed does "make them" but it didn't feel right...

The only casting I felt was off was SLJ maybe a film to far with tarantino ? I could only ever see the actor and not the part. Also Tarintino's Aussie was shite!

But even saying that a wonderful film, I watched it twice back-2-back :)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 27 November 2013 21:40:45
    Haven't seen this yet. Sure I like QT films. For the moment, something is holding me back. IB did little for me. I love Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. I know someone who has seen DU, their main comments included 'tons of swearing' ' the film is very long'.

Edited by blacksea at 21:42:56 27-11-2013
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next