PS One classics [Vita]

• Page

of 19 First / Last

Previous
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Jun 2012 10:58:28 3,411 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    IGN have a hands-on with a few of the classics.

Not sure how i feel about this news to be honest - obviously it will be good to play FF7 on the Vita, but i would have much preferred some new games rather than revisiting older ones.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Ultrasoundwave 7 Jun 2012 10:59:31 3,411 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    *Supposed to be in the Vita thread - cocked up*

Can a mod help out???

:eek:

• Deleted user 7 June 2012 11:05:32
    Hurry up with it!
  • Ziz0u 7 Jun 2012 11:06:08 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Check the Vita thread. There are plenty of new games coming.

Personally I have been waiting for this for ages and would love to know when it's coming.
  • Kangoo 7 Jun 2012 11:21:09 1,023 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking forward to playing a few FF games on the go, think this is a goood short term solution as it will open up a decent back catalogue to tide over while the new stuff gets ready for release.

PSN: Adwab2

• THFourteen 7 Jun 2012 11:27:31 34,465 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bastards bumping this thread!

i thought i would be able to play FFVIII whilst i was on holiday next week.

What this system needs is a good old fashioned JRPG.
  • mrpon 7 Jun 2012 11:29:08 29,560 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At least the file sizes will be small.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Flying_Pig 9 Jun 2012 17:59:05 11,480 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is good news. I'm assuming all PSOne games on PSN will be playable, yes?
  • HiddenAway 9 Jun 2012 22:47:14 14,996 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It'll be the same situation as PSP games (I think). They'll be added gradually (though it'll be a big group of games at the start).

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• jonsaan 9 Jun 2012 22:50:56 25,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GT2 or gtfo

FCUTA!

• HiddenAway 9 Jun 2012 22:57:58 14,996 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quick thanks to the mods for switching the category ;)

• Ultrasoundwave 11 Jun 2012 10:10:10 3,411 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Quick thanks to the mods for switching the category ;)

• GamesConnoisseur 12 Jun 2012 00:02:55 420 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone know the date when this PS1 enabled titles be first added to Vita firmware? I understand more will eventually be added in, but useful to know I could play FF games on holiday in few weeks.
  • HiddenAway 12 Jun 2012 06:54:32 14,996 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Summer

Oh, and if there's a new FW update today (reports in the US), don't get too excited. It practically does nothing...

• OnlyMe 12 Jun 2012 09:28:41 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ironically, this feature is one that is holding me back. I want the Vita to be the ultimate PS1 handheld, which means full analogue support (PSP doesn't, you can simulate the d-pad with the nub, but it won't be analogue), and the more easily accessable L2/R2 buttons sounds perfect (using the back touch panel).

The PS1 has so many great games, that I would buy a handheld version in a flash. Vita is probably going to be the closest we'll ever get, with the combination of physical buttons and touch screen/panels. I'm afraid that the next generation of handhelds will be mostly touch based.
  • CosmicFuzz 12 Jun 2012 09:56:12 25,609 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did they say that? I'd love to be able to play all the PSN games on it, don't see any reason why not!

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Ziz0u 12 Jun 2012 10:07:39 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dead Nation on Vita would be amazing.

Even remote play like what they are doing with Ico/SotC would be a start.
  • oldschoolsoviet 12 Jun 2012 10:09:14 5,549 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OnlyMe wrote:

The PS1 has so many great games, that I would buy a handheld version in a flash. Vita is probably going to be the closest we'll ever get, with the combination of physical buttons and touch screen/panels. I'm afraid that the next generation of handhelds will be mostly touch based.
    Just for you !
  • steve1979 12 Jun 2012 10:17:13 2,007 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They need to offer PS2 games to play on the vita. That should be something they're working towards.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Jun 2012 10:42:13 11,480 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    @CosmicFuzz well they said it could play ps3 games. now to me that is an indication they may patch in PSN games support at some point, then i might actually buy a vita. :o
    Pretty sure they never said that. The closest you'll get is remote play. Remember PS3 and Vita are totally different pieces of hardware, so making PSN titles Vita compatable would essentially mean remaking them for the Vita hardware. Unlikely to happen in virtually all cases and if they do, they'll expect you to pay for the Vita version...
  • TheMightyRose 13 Jun 2012 14:12:46 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It would be great not only to get the existing psone games that were available for the psp but also brand new ones as well.

Never quite understood why they had Syphon Filter and Syphon Filter 3 but no Syphon Filter 2 available to buy. The first part of Sf2 was fantastic. The level on the bridge is classic.

Here is some more playstation games The Mighty Rose would love to see made available to buy in the future.

1. Sentient (Totally bonkers sci-fi adventure set on a mining station)
    2. Clock Tower (Serial killer with giant scissors on the loose!)
    3. Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf
    4. Discworld Noir
    5. Aconcagua (survival adventure game set on a mountain)
    6. Overblood 2
    7. Urban Chaos
    8. C-12 (Hmm not sure if this was already available on the store)
  • RunningMan 13 Jun 2012 14:21:44 2,451 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice selection. Sentient had an odd dialog system. Clock Tower was aweosome. You could add both the discworld adventures to 4 as well. Unfortunately I think all the discworld games are abandonware.
  • TheMightyRose 13 Jun 2012 14:32:15 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hey RunningMan.

Sentient was a truly one of a kind experience which could change drastically every time you played it. There was a secret assassin known as ShatterJack in the game but despite repeated playthroughs I never found him and nobody else on the internet seemed to have either. He remains a true gaming enigma.

There were some really genuine scares in Clock Tower. Tim Rose remembers one scene when investigating a house where Scissorman suddenly jumped out of the shower at me and I just about hit the ceiling. The dialogue was awful beyond belief but I kinda love that in games.
  • RunningMan 13 Jun 2012 14:44:41 2,451 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also hoping that tobal number 2 and bushido blade 2 make it.
  • RunningMan 13 Jun 2012 15:01:16 2,451 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X-Com was pretty good as well. Vandal Hearts 2 never made it over from the US.
  • TheMightyRose 13 Jun 2012 15:08:11 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    X-Com Enemy Unknown?

I forgot that was on the playstation. The Mighty Rose had played and loved the Amiga version many years ago. I accidentally copied over my last disk when trying to save it at the time and when I wrote to the company explaining my buffoonery they actually sent me a brand new disk free of charge together with a compliment slip. I still have it! Now that is what I call a great company! Was it Midway? The Mighty Rose has temporarily forgotten.

Was the playstation version the same as the old amiga version RunningMan? If so then it would be a great addition to the ps classic range. Tim Rose is sure there are dozens of great playstation games that could be included.
  • Page

of 19 First / Last

Previous