Beyond: Two Souls Page 10

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• Murbal 8 Oct 2013 21:02:49 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @elmastero not sure where I got five from!
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 8 Oct 2013 21:27:34 466 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shuhei Yoshida:

"...so I visited David at QD's office in Paris, shared my honest feedback with Beyond, reassured how much I'm excited with his next project."

From Twitter.

Interesting.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2013 21:33:04
    Rose-of-Sorrow wrote:
    Shuhei Yoshida:

"...so I visited David at QD's office in Paris, shared my honest feedback with Beyond, reassured how much I'm excited with his next project."

From Twitter.

Interesting.
    Hasn't it already been confirmed that DQ helped make an engine for the PS4 or something?

Look forward to hearing more on this :)

Edited by SG59 at 21:38:09 08-10-2013
  • Ror1984 8 Oct 2013 21:50:09 2,091 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SG59 Isn't that what that Sorcerer tech demo at E3 was? I was only vaguely paying attention.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• neilka 8 Oct 2013 21:51:10 14,942 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quantic Dream did the Dark Sorcerer tech demo for the PS4.

• Deleted user 8 October 2013 21:53:34
    @Ror1984 that's sounds familiar. Maybe they're using that tech towards another project :)

Edited by SG59 at 21:54:01 08-10-2013
  • GeezaTap 8 Oct 2013 23:11:40 289 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cancelled my pre-order there.

Something tells me the price will plummet soon once the word of mouth on its Marmite nature gets out to Joe Public.
  • Ror1984 8 Oct 2013 23:16:55 2,091 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SG59 If it's anything like the Kara tech demo, it'll bear absolutely no relation to the Dark Sorcerer thing that neilka kindly embedded above.

My pre-order is still in place. I decided months ago I was going to give this a bash. It was always going to be divisive.

Edited by Ror1984 at 15:14:23 09-10-2013

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• King_Edward 9 Oct 2013 07:47:28 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Superfrogger HD - 6/10
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix - 6/10
    Puppeteer - 6/10
    Rain - 6/10
    Beyond: 2 Souls - 6/10

Those are the last five exclusive PS3 games reviewed by Eurogamer. Sony have become remarkably consistent at churning out inoffensively bland content.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2013 07:50:32
    King_Edward wrote:
    Superfrogger HD - 6/10
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix - 6/10
    Puppeteer - 6/10
    Rain - 6/10
    Beyond: 2 Souls - 6/10

Those are the last five exclusive PS3 games reviewed by Eurogamer. Sony have become remarkably consistent at churning out inoffensively bland content.
    Or EG are just shite at reviewing things.

I'm going with the latter personally. Rain deserved a 7 and so did Puppetter in my opinion. Kingdom hearts a 6? Are they having a laugh?

Don't worry though, I'm sure the same recycled games like cod will get higher marks...

Edited by SG59 at 08:22:37 09-10-2013
  • Derblington 9 Oct 2013 08:29:43 20,962 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nothing wrong with CoD, it's well made, responsive, fun and full of content.
    There's nothing wrong with EG reviews either, you just need to find the reviews you share opinions with.

I'm on the fence with this. Will probably borrow it.
  • Murbal 9 Oct 2013 08:38:06 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was on the fence even before the reviews. I found Heavy Rain to be an interesting concept but ultimately tedious and emotionally barren.

Jason! Jason! Jason? Jason! Jason!
    ... Jason?
    Jason! Jason! Jason?

Edited by Murbal at 08:40:26 09-10-2013
  • dominalien 9 Oct 2013 08:40:53 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Isn't Kingdom Hearts Square and not Sony?

Anyway, take a look at something like Deadly Premonition on metacritic. It reviewed worse than Beyond (in ratio of positive to mixed reviews, at least) and yet it's anything but "bland". It's deeply flawed, though, just like Beyond seems to be.

Anyway, what's your point King_Edward? Because it seems you're just a fanboy filled with glee.

I will play Beyond and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. It seems stupidly expensive atm, though, so I'll wait just a bit more.

PSN: DonOsito

• dominalien 9 Oct 2013 08:47:24 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    I was on the fence even before the reviews. I found Heavy Rain to be an interesting concept but ultimately tedious and emotionally barren.

Jason! Jason! Jason? Jason! Jason!
    ... Jason?
    Jason! Jason! Jason?
    Yeah, that one took forever, didn't it? I don't think how it could have been pulled off, well, at all, really.

PSN: DonOsito

• RobAnybody 9 Oct 2013 09:01:46 824 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:

Given David Cage's writing is worse than most Malcolm in the Middle fanfic then that's not much of a reason to get it.
    The question we all need to ask outselves is this: is David Cage a better writer than Damon Lindelof? :)
  • chrisno21 9 Oct 2013 09:32:36 1,352 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cancelled my pre-order - will get it when it's cheap, or borrow off a friend.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• treegreen 9 Oct 2013 09:43:19 103 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As a general rule I try not to pre-order any game with a review embargo that's later than the release date. I stupidly broke my own rule (loved Heavy Rain) and feel like I'm paying for it.

Two hours in and REALLY hoping it picks up. Hands down the worst game I've ever bought at this point.
  • King_Edward 9 Oct 2013 09:50:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dominalien wrote:

Anyway, what's your point King_Edward? Because it seems you're just a fanboy filled with glee.
    No point. Just an observation. I noticed a lot of the games I was looking forward to were picking up the same middling score and looked into it. Out of those 5 I've only bothered with Puppeteer so far and thought it was much better than the reviewer did.

Although I have to admit I have a worrying habit of revelling in disappointment.

Dragon's Crown just got a 6/10 too. 6 6's on the bounce. There's something demonic in the making.

Edited by King_Edward at 12:50:06 09-10-2013
  • Deleted user 9 October 2013 15:10:21
    Derblington wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with EG reviews either, you just need to find the reviews you share opinions with.

Agreed. COD has become underrated through being annoyingly oversaturated I guess. Every COD I've played has been very well made, and played much better than most other first person shooters.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Oct 2013 15:15:10 16,247 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well I was waiting for reviews of this before buying either this or GTA5 and it looks like GTA5 is set to win. I really wanted this to get great reviews but such mediocre scores haven't enamoured me. I'm sure I'll pick it up once I have some money to throw around...so, possibly never.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 9 October 2013 15:48:10
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Derblington wrote:

Agreed. COD has become underrated through being annoyingly oversaturated I guess. Every COD I've played has been very well made, and played much better than most other first person shooters.
    A series that's stayed very stagnate and unbalanced online since its popularity is not what i'd consider fun.

Edited by SG59 at 15:48:51 09-10-2013
  • spamdangled 10 Oct 2013 01:33:44 27,197 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    elmastero wrote:
    ...Those who believe in and trust interactive ,choice-based ,audience-respecting,emotionally-engaging narrative...
    Ok.

What about people who like Beyond though? Because nothing Cage has ever made has respected his audience or offered any sort of meaningful choice.

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:35:20 10-10-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• King_Edward 10 Oct 2013 06:10:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That depends how you define a meaningful choice. I'd say choosing to let your child beat you in a sword fight is a perfectly meaningful choice. Even if it doesn't have any narrative consequence.
  • imamazed 10 Oct 2013 09:28:49 5,452 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elmastero wrote:

I think most of the unfairly negative reactions to Beyond has been due to it's release after GTA5.People are over-indulging in the lust of shooting and killing ,and while they are being entertained by that ,they sweep aside any game that treasures principals that make it distinguished from regular games.
    No. The negative reactions have been because of an awful script, lack of worthwhile interactivity, absence of any meaningful choices and uninspired plot. It's got nothing to do with how other games are being received.

Edited by imamazed at 09:29:31 10-10-2013
  • Darren 10 Oct 2013 09:46:15 8,320 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Despite enjoying the demo and, thus, looking forward to playing the full game, I went ahead and canncelled my Amazon steelbook pre-order last night.

Why?

Well, the mediocre reviews certainly didn't help but what made me reconsider buying it was watching a YouTube walkthrough of the first part of the game last night (which I only really did to check if the game had screen tearing or not). I was intrigued by the story and thought Ellen Page was great as Jodie but then I realised that not only was there very little meaningful interaction (something that became evident in the demo when I found I didn't have to even steer the motorbike!) but also that the choices given are ultimately pointless too, especially as the game jumps back and forward through 15 years of Jodie's life. It started off well enough even though the transition between motion-captured cutscenes and actual gameplay stuff where Jodie looks and moves around like a stiff showroom dummy are jarring. I thought the Embassy sequence was promising and it looked fun controlling Aiden, just as it was in the demo during the Experiment sequence.

I then watched the Party sequence and that is what really put me off the game. It's a good sequence thematically, showing Jodie being bullied (I really felt for her here as a victim of childhood bullying myself), but the bit where she talked to a boy which then led to a dance and kiss were wholly undermined by the fact that he still chooses to bully Jodie anyway. So basically whatever choices you make in that scene still leads to it playing out the same way regardless. The boy doesn't try to defend Jodie because she chose to open up to him. As such the game appears to be an interactive storybook so why would I bother buying the game when I could just watch it for free? To be honest, it was the story more than anything else that interested me anyway but I was hoping that choices would affect the overall storyline making it feel like I was contributing to it and changing things but the structure of the game and the haphazard way it jumps from one point in Jodie's life to the next doesn't seem to allow for that. Even watching it as a video it felt jarring the way it jumped around. In a demo you expect that because it is showcasing specific setpieces to showcase the game but I don't think it works so well as a game. It would have helped if like the opening section, Jodie narrated why these sequences were being shown in that order.

I won't say I'll never buy the game, perhaps I'll pick it up cheap in a sale at some pojnt as I intend to keep my PS3 at least for the next 12 months.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Deleted user 10 October 2013 09:55:34
    People do realise in these sort of games the choices you made effect very little right? Take the walking dead for example, it will always end the same way regardless if what you try and do. The same characters will always die, and the same characters will always live. It's still a A to B story. The only real difference is, how you get to B.
  • elstoof 10 Oct 2013 10:14:16 6,138 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elmastero wrote:.
    What came as a surprise was that the author was Tom Mac.Shea(hope I'm not misspelling) the very same guy behind that controversial review of Last Of Us and it's unbelievably low rating.

Wasn't McShea the guy who couldn't figure out how to play Skyward Sword properly while the rest of the world managed to? Even small children?
  • Page

of 14 First / Last