Splinter Cell: Blacklist Page 2

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• ronuds 25 Sep 2012 19:16:38 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Just seems so wrong and weird. Think it may be time to let Splinter Cell go. America fuck yeah, break every rule, it's badass, we are good so it makes it all okay. Ubisoft, you still suck at presentation. A mission briefing screen would be a relief over those cut scenes.
    They're French.

Edited by ronuds at 19:17:07 25-09-2012
  • Derblington 25 Sep 2012 19:25:13 23,406 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, you've moved from disappointed to annoying.
    It's a cinematic trailer incorporating a handful of gameplay sequences with cutscenes to give you a narrative, how would a briefing screen fit into that?
  • oceanmotion 25 Sep 2012 19:34:15 16,386 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Just seems so wrong and weird. Think it may be time to let Splinter Cell go. America fuck yeah, break every rule, it's badass, we are good so it makes it all okay. Ubisoft, you still suck at presentation. A mission briefing screen would be a relief over those cut scenes.
    They're French.
    Doesn't change anything.

@Derblington

Trailers can be what they want, during the game, I've always found scenes like those a bit shit. Having some in game narrative scenes, though basic were a lot better than cut scenes.

Edited by oceanmotion at 19:48:39 25-09-2012
  • ronuds 25 Sep 2012 19:35:29 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I meant that's why they suck.
  • oceanmotion 25 Sep 2012 19:37:56 16,386 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, okay. Cool.
  • oceanmotion 13 Nov 2012 20:15:09 16,386 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago

More like, Ubisoft "Look, so stealthy, honest!"

They are truly taking the piss. If we say Chaos Theory, they will believe us.
  • oceanmotion 30 Nov 2012 20:45:26 16,386 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago

Great animations but I still don't trust this to be anything more than uber cool x to win placement by a new PR directive but please prove me wrong Ubisoft.
  • fletch7100 24 Feb 2013 05:01:21 7,840 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/23/splinter-cell-39-s-collectors-edition-plane-takes-flight.aspx
  • Deleted user 2 May 2013 23:03:47
    Spies vs Mercs

\o/

It's telling that despite Ubi producing titles that I really don't care for (AC, mainly), and going way too overboard with stuff (Far Cry 3 vs Far Cry 2 - TASTE, obv), and that Conviction was nothing to SC1-3, and that this sounds not really my kinda thing any more, that SvM announcement makes me happyjoyjoy.

It'll be drenched in XP, unlocks, perks and all that absolute fucking shite that DOESN'T MAKE MP ANY BETTER, but if it is, at heart, in the spirit of PT/CT online, I am there, day 1.
  • BiggerBFG 20 Jul 2013 08:39:50 839 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Jul 2013 09:16:48 16,698 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looking forward to this. I enjoyed the last game, not a "true" SC experience, but still very enjoyable. I have just got the original trilogy on HD remake (ps3) I played all of them on the xbox (upon release) I remember the discussions between ps2 owners and Xbox owners about the fact we* (xbox) had the "proper" version ;)
    The only SC I have not enjoyed was DA on the 360, never played the xbox version, I think I heard it is different ?

*I'm sure I had it on ps2 at some point as well

@bfg, morning mate are you getting, if so co-op ? I have never played any co-op in the game series.
  • King_Edward 20 Jul 2013 10:20:36 11,471 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's odd is that even though Conviction was the first Splinter Cell I really liked, I'm not particularly interested in this.
  • BiggerBFG 20 Jul 2013 13:11:14 839 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

@bfg, morning mate are you getting, if so co-op ? I have never played any co-op in the game series.
    morning, buddy. yep I'm getting. dunno about day one, maybe a few weeks after launch. but yeah I'll def co-op with you. if you've still got SC Conviction we can do some co-op on that. it's one of the few day one games I've actually held on too. you'll never guess what the others are :D
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Jul 2013 14:39:44 16,698 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @BiggerBFG

I would love to but don't have it, if I see it for a few pounds I might well get again. Re the new game, it is a date ;) like you I will prob not get upon release, but a few weeks after.

Are we going GOLD tomorrow ?
  • Gruff 20 Jul 2013 15:06:09 3,065 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Get a room and a six pack of KY Jelly you two.
  • Deleted user 3 August 2013 15:56:46
    No offline co-op on Wii U. Fucking hell Ubisoft!
  • DFawkes 3 Aug 2013 19:56:44 25,858 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's a shame, it seemed ideal with it having 2 seperate screens. Still, if I had to chose either online of offline to go, I chose offline as I played Conviction online and it was buckets of fun :)
  • BiggerBFG 10 Aug 2013 18:03:53 839 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • MatMan562 10 Aug 2013 18:59:25 2,774 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Goodfella I really enjoyed Conviction but it was my first, and so far only, Splinter Cell game so I can't compare it to the others. It does feel like the firefights should be harder though as it's pretty easy to just shoot everyone when you're spotted but it's definitely worth a playthrough. If you can, play through the co-op with a friend as well, it's the best part of the game in my opinion.
  • Gruff 10 Aug 2013 19:18:00 3,065 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does look very slick, played most of the series, this one looks very refined with the multiple takedowns. It always felt like you were a badass when you took out multiple baddies.

/ Of course I always forgot what button to press and got shot in the face
  • anon_ 15 Aug 2013 09:58:52 211 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, the reviews have confirmed my suspicions/fears about this game. Stealth-by-necessity is out, 'Cell of Duty' is in, with the stealth merely being optional and exploitative, as opposed to the only realistic means of survival.

Another formerly contemplative series bites the dust, in favour of tiresome me-too action thrills (see also: Tomb Raider). Blacklist, and AAA games in general, can go f*** themselves! Next gen, I'm sticking to Arcade!!
  • bunglebonce 15 Aug 2013 10:28:38 2,332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Tom Clancy games (Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six) have completely lost what defined them when they were at their best, circa 2001-05.

The only reason I'm likely to pick this up is for the Spies v Mercs classic mode, and I'll wait for it to come down in price a lot before then.
  • anon_ 15 Aug 2013 11:23:21 211 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bunglebonce wrote:
    The Tom Clancy games (Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six) have completely lost what defined them when they were at their best, circa 2001-05.
    Everyone is just chasing after the same real estate and supernormal profits. The lack of diversity is disheartening to say the least.

And the gameplay screens look so goddamned busy. Icons everywhere, power-up's, upgrades, over-wrought 'cinematic' plot.

What was wrong with the comparative simplistic gameplay and basic geopolitical plot of Xbox-era Splinter Cell anyway?!
  • Derblington 15 Aug 2013 11:27:12 23,406 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This doesn't sound any different to the last game, which was excellent. Stealth by choice is better than necessity.
  • anon_ 15 Aug 2013 11:48:05 211 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    This doesn't sound any different to the last game, which was excellent.
    Conviction? Thought it was utter gash myself..

Derblington wrote:
    Stealth by choice is better than necessity.
    The whole point of original Splinter Cell was that you were a lone operative, deep in enemy territory. And just as would be the case in 'real life' (I know, I know, it's a game!), you probably wouldn't survive very long if you engaged squads of enemies directly.

So, sneaking through undetected was not only optimal, it was practically the only way to do it. That's what made it so great. And different. No running and gunning, just careful observation and precision take downs, as you navigated your way methodically through the level.

Now, if you want, you can just BLOW SHIT UP! Hell yeah! Mark and execute! Speed kills! Suck it, terrorist scum!

Or, you know, do it quietly. If you want. Don't have to. Entirely optional...

Like I said, gash.
  • MatMan562 15 Aug 2013 12:02:05 2,774 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't see the problem with being able to be a super soldier on the easiest difficulty setting but being incredibly weak on the hardest so you're practically forced to stealth. To me, that's pretty much perfect because I'll play it somewhere down the middle at first and then, depending on how I enjoyed it, play it again on a harder difficulty and try to ghost it as much as possible. In my eyes it's win-win but of course, that does rely on the develepor adjusting the difficulty correctly.
  • Anthony_UK 15 Aug 2013 13:14:00 2,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Anthony_UK 15 Aug 2013 13:37:05 2,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8p_2PQOYgg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This has pretty much sold it me. It looks like there's enough of the old Splinter Cell to keep me happy, that plus Spy's vs Mercs is enough for me
  • Page

of 11 First / Last