Splinter Cell: Blacklist Page 7

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• BiggerBFG 31 Aug 2013 00:29:58 791 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For the "Tactical Style: Ghost" achievement i found Kobin's 4E missions to be pretty helpful for this. if you found that you weren't getting enough points when you were on the last man, try getting reinforcements called in then hide and pick them off one by one with sleep, shockers and the stun gun.
  • JCHilton 31 Aug 2013 09:06:58 1,470 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    I've seen in the preview videos how you can tag three guys. Then grab one of them, shoot the other two before executing the third with a double tap or similar.

How the hell do you do it?
    Mark and execute. (RB to mark, Y to execute on xbox controllers)

When you execute enemies you're within arms reach of, Sam automatically grabs or melees them.

1:Mark three guys, run close to one of them and press execute.

2:Mark two guys run over and melee the unmarked one, then execute the other two.
  • Anthony_UK 31 Aug 2013 11:01:18 2,492 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @JCHilton brilliant, thanks!
  • Anthony_UK 31 Aug 2013 22:55:51 2,492 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have to say I bloody love this game, I've been playing it all afternoon and it's just full of content. Even the more action packed Spys Mercs has grown on me.

If you loved any of the previous games you really owe it to yourself to pick this up. It's be best yet for me and that includes Chaos Theory.
  • killersrquiet 1 Sep 2013 00:34:26 1,999 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Anthony_UK

Amazing game and so much content like you say. I lent it to my friend because he was hesitant to buy.

I have withdrawal symptoms. Can't wait to start another play through. One of best games I've played in years

Edited by killersrquiet at 00:35:08 01-09-2013
  • daddygerplex 1 Sep 2013 01:11:49 308 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As a guy who never got into the original style of Splinter Cell as i always got caught and i was shit therefore i got angry and said they were shit.

I got this game free with a new pc graphics card along with SC: Conviction. Do i need to play that one first or can i jump right in?
  • Mark1412 1 Sep 2013 02:06:39 531 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is great (to my complete surprise) but I hate it when stealth games rely on tough-dude-in-super-duper-armour to make things slightly more annoying. The armoured twats in this look like Dead Space casting call rejects.

Love the levels that are basically super stealth terrorist hunt. Between this and the last Ghost Recon I've got the tiniest bit of hope for the next Rainbow, assuming it happens.

• Raiko101 1 Sep 2013 06:37:50 6,300 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone here got the Wii U version? Are the loading times bearable?

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• DFawkes 1 Sep 2013 18:55:34 22,954 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Anyone here got the Wii U version? Are the loading times bearable?
    I haven't played any other version so can't compare, but they aren't notable. It loads, you play. Certainly nothing like as bad as Lego City, except just after you buy a Paladin base upgrade. That one is noticably long. Thankfully this doesn't seem to carry to loading levels. I assume levels stream, but the whole Paladin loads at once.

Enjoying it so far. At first I thought I didn't like it as much as Conviction, but I realised I played Panther style in that, yet seem to have chosen Ghost this time. I find Ghost really does feel quite close to classic Splinter Cell, yet you could still easily play it like Conviction. It feels like the best of both worlds :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Airwane 2 Sep 2013 13:17:00 165 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm looking for online friend to play coop for this add me "airwane"

My gaming channel http://www.youtube.com/TheBlackViceroy

• DFawkes 2 Sep 2013 13:20:51 22,954 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You might want to say what format you're on there, airwane ;) I think there are people here to cover every format so someone should be able to help you out.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Punctum 4 Sep 2013 11:10:47 935 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Completed the solo campaign last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. A real return to form and after completing it as a 'Ghost' I am now looking forward to a second run through as a 'Panther'. My only gripe was the end of the final level where it went QTE - really not needed and pulled me out the experience
  • killersrquiet 4 Sep 2013 12:27:58 1,999 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I tended to mix things up between panther and ghost. However i did have a few shootouts for fun and the general gunplay was very strong as well.

I think i'll go all ghost on my next run through. I've recently tried conviction again and blacklist is so much better its unreal.
  • Altmayer 4 Sep 2013 12:34:40 165 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished my first campaign run through last night, great game. Can't decide if I want to ramp up the difficulty or go for complete ghost. I think I'll just stick with the multiplayer till I make my mind up.
  • DFawkes 4 Sep 2013 13:00:35 22,954 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone started a Cell (clan type thing) on the Blacklist Shadownet Website? There seem to be only a handful of them on each format, and a max size of 5. Doesn't seem to be much point really, but logging into that site does net you a small bonus in cash.

• DUFFKING 7 Sep 2013 19:45:05 7,256 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just done the Guantanamo level. I'm actually quite enjoying this, though it still feels quite pared back from the earlier games. I miss having the noise level indicator etc. It feels too linear in places as well, forcing you through too many annoying chokepoints. Like crossing the road on the aforementioned level. There's no way to go through the fence or around or anything. You have to go through, on foot. Just too linear in places. Shame because in other bits it's fun just sneaking past everyone.

Once I'm done I'll probably do a panther run and kill the shit out of everyone.
  • DFawkes 10 Sep 2013 09:42:07 22,954 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not enjoying Ghost as much as I do Conviction style Panther, but I'm still going to finish it as a Ghost to unlock stuff for my Panther playthrough. It'll be nice to have a Sniper Rifle to pop heads :) Then I'll do Panther to unlock the proper combat armour and do an Assault Perfectionist playthrough, because who cares about losing mark and execute or x-ray sonar when you're Rambo! There'll be some tricky bits where stealth is required but I can still Ghost them a bit.

It's great that the different approaches feel so different. I did go back and do one level on Panther and it felt totally different. I could mark and execute people at a better range, and just leave the bodies about because even if seen, that'll just bring them into my Zone of Death. You can set explosive traps, pop heads and properly clear areas because screw leaving terrorists alive.

Assault should also be different again, but I'm not sure how it'll hold up as well if you play it like a cover shooter. Anyone went Assault yet and have thoughts on this?

• BiggerBFG 10 Sep 2013 18:43:34 791 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed Assault. A good pace. I'd usually start with a level with a panther mindset then after getting spotted go loud with the assault rifle.
  • killersrquiet 10 Sep 2013 19:16:43 1,999 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The sniper rifle was the first gun i unlocked. Stealth kills from a distance helped some of the trickier parts
  • modula 11 Sep 2013 17:33:43 251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone got a clue how the scoring works in the SP? I'm ghosting through the levels I didn't master the first time round, and despite staying completely hidden, knocking everyone out and hiding as many bodies as possible, I'm sometimes falling well shy of the master target score. Do you lose points if a body is seen or enemies become suspicious? Very confused as it doesn't say anything like that on the score screen. Bloody loving this though; proper return to form once it gets going
  • neilka 11 Sep 2013 17:38:28 15,914 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you get more points for leaving people completely undisturbed rather than knocking them out.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• DFawkes 11 Sep 2013 17:46:10 22,954 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, what neilka said. Knocking them out is okay, but staying unseen by most enemies is required for Ghost mastery. I thought one level I did couldn't be done like that, but YouTube has plenty of videos displaying true ninja skills :) I had bypassed pretty much every stealth path there was.

Edited by DFawkes at 17:47:12 11-09-2013

• Jono62 11 Sep 2013 18:06:30 14,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also, if you are to knock people out try and do combos as you get more points for knocking out 3 people in quick succession.
  • modula 12 Sep 2013 09:34:07 251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DFawkes & @neilka - cheers for that. Bugger - for some reason I'd convinced myself it was the other way round, so had been going all kinds of vertical takedown crazy to make sure I got everyone. Oh well, don't mind trying them again while I wait for GTA V...
  • RedSparrows 17 Sep 2013 18:51:25 22,647 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this on 360. Immediately found campaign a bit off putting as it's... not Sam Fisher. But anyway, I'll play it.

Went online, played SvM Classic. Nice and dark. Perhaps too few gadgets, but I've not really explored it yet. Anyone want to play MP/co-op, add me: RedSparrows.
  • Punctum 17 Sep 2013 18:58:51 935 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RedSparrows Yep, it's weird for a while playing as the new Fisher (they should've just introduced a new character) but definitely worth playing through.

Did my first play through as a Ghost and then let loose second time around as a Panther.

Best Splinter Cell since the originals.
  • RedSparrows 18 Sep 2013 14:08:58 22,647 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Liking Blacklist MP a bit more now. Classic still good feeling, although perhaps not enough maps?

Got an uber spy kill - smoke, sprint, splide, stab - merc saw me the whole way, and I still got him.

Dislike: spies kill from any angle if close. Less vertical play areas, perhaps? I.e. things to climb and scurry about on.
    Like: stun crossbow vs spam electro gun of previous (decent) SC MP
  • Raiko101 21 Sep 2013 12:06:40 6,300 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I finally got to play this for the first time last night. Whilst I enjoyed the opening mission, i'm not really liking the Paladin. I like the idea of upgrading it, but why do you have to walk around everywhere? It's so slow. Also, i'm finding the menu visuals to be a bit too cluttered. It makes sense, but it could be simplified somewhat.

• DFawkes 21 Sep 2013 14:33:41 22,954 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is a run button on Paladin. Doesn't work around the SMI, but you can mostly run about. I think it's A but I'm not 100%. Thankfully you can access everything from the SMI menu, though it still insists on loading the Paladin every time.

It can seem like a bit much, especially compared to Conviction, but I quite like it.

• Raiko101 21 Sep 2013 15:53:38 6,300 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a bit of a mess, I think. The SMI should have been the only thing you needed, but I guess they feared that extensive menus wouldn't have been as appealing.

• Page

of 10 First / Last