Splinter Cell: Blacklist Page 6

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• Pinky_Floyd 26 Aug 2013 09:18:18 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ZizouFC Yeah, its devoid of any kind of fun whatsoever. Oh, hang on, all the versions suffer from that ;)

I think it doesnt have offline co op. Everything else is in there I think.
  • Zizoo 26 Aug 2013 09:28:04 8,115 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mkay. Not the end of the world I suppose. I wonder what DF's face-off will find.
  • JiveHound 26 Aug 2013 09:38:28 2,346 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It's 55 on Nintendo eshop when the Nintendo published stuff have been a far more reasonable 40.

Not good Ubisoft.

Does the Wii U game at least have offline S v M? The two screens would be ideal for that.

Edited by JiveHound at 09:39:27 26-08-2013

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• DFawkes 26 Aug 2013 09:48:17 22,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No offline multiplayer. That's all that seems to have been cut, but it's still a shame. Still, I prefer that over the online getting the chop.

I did try to buy this at the weekend, but my local GAME didn't have it. Massive stand for Blacklist almost entirely for PS3 for some reason. Not bothering with Wii U I understand, but what about 360? Then again, I did see the manager chatting with a Sony rep a few weeks back about increasing PS3 presence in the store.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• JiveHound 26 Aug 2013 09:53:25 2,346 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    No sale for me then. Wii U seems purpose built for offline so this strikes me as a major ball drop.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• killersrquiet 26 Aug 2013 13:16:42 1,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @modula

I've just encountered the rock climb. What planet do ubi massive live on?
    The movement is so fast and then watching fisher jump from rock to rock looking like he's a monkey on lsd completely takes me out of the immersion of the gameplay.

I hope they patch this as its shockingly bad. Ubi massive made the far cry multiplayer element, that should explain it all to anyone unlucky enough to play far cry 3 mp.

Still enjoying the game however i only nudge the left stick gently as a stealth game should feel slow and sneaking, not a fast forward fest that wants me to rush the mission to complete it.

I've seen a speed run option in shadownet - maybe this is the idea behind
    this woeful gameplay speed
  • killersrquiet 26 Aug 2013 13:17:42 1,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Incase anyone has missed it, log into Uplay from the menu and you can redeem some rewards, player suits, theme etc

Its a nice touch.
  • TVoJ 26 Aug 2013 14:38:21 1,747 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played a couple of hours of Spies vs Mercs last night and it was great.

Love the way the perspectives changes between factions. Loving trying to figure out how all the gadgets work.

Defiantly gonna be putting some hours on this
  • modula 26 Aug 2013 16:44:37 246 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @killersrquiet such a shame as there is a great game in there; but yeah, being such a cartoon monkey does not help things. Spies vs mercs is great though; so tense.
  • reggy72 26 Aug 2013 18:01:30 263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Quite enjoyable title, about half way through the campaign, still not as good as Chaos Theory, but better than the last two instalments, yet to try Spies Vs mercs but if its anything like what I played all those years ago on xbox live then I'll be in for a treat.
  • Syrette 27 Aug 2013 08:30:28 43,108 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SP length, fellas? Cheers.

• Gruff 27 Aug 2013 09:17:32 2,842 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Your welcome!

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Ultrasoundwave 27 Aug 2013 09:32:02 3,269 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not sure on length exactly, but i know there are 13 chapters in the game and they all take about an hour to do.

However, if you consider the majority of the co-op missions can be played single-player as well, you're probably talking 20+ hours.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• RedSparrows 27 Aug 2013 23:07:29 22,071 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone playing PC or 360 MP a lot? I want to try SvM but only with EGers to play alongside.
  • INSOMANiAC 27 Aug 2013 23:09:42 3,829 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I want a game of the Co op. me and my mate got it to do just that, but although we can play with randomers we cant join each other, fucing shitty Uplay wank!

Anyway, if you want a go of co op im

shop7478F4C5D

(PC)
    Yep, catchy fucking name, once again, thanks Ubisoft.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 23:10:00 27-08-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• killersrquiet 28 Aug 2013 08:17:38 1,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I haven't played much SvM or co-op yet but you can add me. I'll play more when I complete the campaign.
    Tag is contrived82

Really enjoying this game a massive improvement over conviction. Much more emphasis on stealth and tactics and the graphics on 360 are brilliant. Blacklist has the best textures I've seen on any 360 game to date. That 3gb HD texture pack was definately worth installing. Warming to the new Sam Fisher voice actor albeit wishing it was Michael Ironside.
  • Angry_Man_Dan 28 Aug 2013 09:16:47 165 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pleasantly surprised by this - went in with fairly low expectations (I hated Conviction) and it's not too bad at all.

I like the Ghost/Panther/Assault playthrough options, which add a bit of depth to how each situation can play out and there is a lot of satisfaction to be had from getting through a crowded area undetected.

Customisation options are plentiful, if slightly unnecessary (pink goggles, really?) but give a compelling reason to keep coming back for more unlocks.

Finally, the PS3 version is slightly blurry and washed out looking, and shows up as particularly glaring after coming into this off the back of Metro Last Light and The Last of Us - however, the art style is packed with incidental detail and quite a bit of atmosphere, so this redeems it somewhat.

All in all, a lot better than expected and a bit of a return to form. Even the new voice actor doesn't seem that bad a few missions in!

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• killersrquiet 28 Aug 2013 09:32:54 1,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've seen some comparison shots and agree the ps3 version is blurry and oddly plastic looking in places. Swings and roundabouts I suppose for each different game.

I love sneaking around and taking the bad guys out silently. I don't leave an area until I've killed them all:-)

Quite a lot of content in this game. Sp campaign is long. Decent amount of co-op and SvM etc. Anyone sitting on the fence should play blacklist.

Edited by killersrquiet at 13:07:17 28-08-2013
  • Sharzam 28 Aug 2013 10:11:08 2,724 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Liking it so far, seams a nice compromise between classic and modern sc. You can be all sneaky and plan, but if things go wrong you have options rather than just running/failing.

Graphically on PC it looks alright not mind blowing but does the job nicely. Only gripe is the pc authentication at launch is ridiculous and it doesn't save all your settings.

Freefree to add me as Sharzam as I haunt tried coop yet.

Edited by Sharzam at 10:13:30 28-08-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• D_arkTrooper 28 Aug 2013 13:36:14 1,297 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just got this for free with my new gfx card. Shame I have to have uPlay to try it. Avoided contaminating my PC with it for ages. Oh well.

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• DFawkes 28 Aug 2013 13:56:48 22,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you want, I'll use it for you. I've already contaminated my PC to replay Conviction anyway, so it'd be no problem for me to help you. That's all I'm offering, help. You're welcome.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• killersrquiet 29 Aug 2013 13:35:59 1,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A few of the missions towards the end are shorter. Not finished the game yet however I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Fantastic game
  • Humperfunk 29 Aug 2013 13:47:21 1,970 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm about halfway through now. I loved the first games and even enjoyed Conviction, and I'd say this is better than Conviction too so enjoying a lot!

Still have no idea how to take heavies down efficiently though, always end up getting into gun fights with them that I invariably lose.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Punctum 29 Aug 2013 19:54:41 932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    I'm about halfway through now. I loved the first games and even enjoyed Conviction, and I'd say this is better than Conviction too so enjoying a lot!

Still have no idea how to take heavies down efficiently though, always end up getting into gun fights with them that I invariably lose.
    There is normally an alternate route which allows you to knock them out.
  • killersrquiet 30 Aug 2013 12:04:43 1,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finished the campaign last night. Loved every minute of it, the story also ramped up in pace and some of the later missions where edge of the seat entertainment.

I have a feeling this game will not get the credit/sales that is due and clearly deserves
  • TrekFX 30 Aug 2013 13:23:47 3 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    On the last mission in the snow, balaclava is badass. Absolutely brilliant game, and yeah it probably wont get the credit/sales it deserves, which is a real shame.

Anyone need a COOP partner in the UK for this badboy on PSN send me a friend-request with "eurogamer coop" in the comments.

PSN: TrekFX
  • Humperfunk 30 Aug 2013 13:26:43 1,970 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Punctum

I see...basically when I sneak up on them, they always turn round so probably my stealth gear isn't good enough or something! Will upgrade. Cheers :)

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Punctum 30 Aug 2013 15:15:14 932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    @Punctum

I see...basically when I sneak up on them, they always turn round so probably my stealth gear isn't good enough or something! Will upgrade. Cheers :)

That's what I did (upgrade the stealth)
  • RedSparrows 30 Aug 2013 15:33:12 22,071 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why does Sam Fisher need to 'upgrade stealth' to be able to sneak past 'heavies'? I'm all for gamey games, but at least make it a challenge, not an unlock. FFS.

[rant/rave]
  • Anthony_UK 30 Aug 2013 16:09:51 2,463 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've seen in the preview videos how you can tag three guys. Then grab one of them, shoot the other two before executing the third with a double tap or similar.

How the hell do you do it?
  • Page

of 10 First / Last