Watch Dogs Page 3

• Page

of 91 First / Last

• Deleted user 5 June 2012 11:33:21
    spudsbuckley wrote:

I am now firmly jaded with gaming.
    Only just realised that? I just assumed you'd felt that way for years tbh.
  • Deleted user 5 June 2012 11:33:46
    Post deleted
  • Dangerous_Dan 5 Jun 2012 11:36:12 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ResidentKnievel - That would be great. One head shot and time to start over - now that makes you think twice if you use your gun on those 4 automatic weapon wielding thugs.

And I do hope for the multiplayer aspect. iirc, then the designer was talking about some multiplayer parts before showing the gameplay - also the trailer at the Ubisoft show was different at the end. You could see some other guy joining the world with a kind of strange user name, Bioxel_44 or something, and on the hunt for that traffic accident inflicting guy.

Fingers crossed.
  • Deleted user 5 June 2012 11:36:40
    King_Edward wrote:
    Even Tomb Raider looked shoddy.
    It didn't look too much like a puzzle/exploration affair from the clip I saw, but it looked fun enough. Hope they remember to include some, you know, raiding of tombs at some point rather than a run 'n gun explodathon.
  • Lexx87 5 Jun 2012 11:38:44 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @King_Edward

I quite like the new direction of it. It simply looks at least a little different in regards to what I expect
    when I think Tomb Raider.

Speak the truth hussy!

• King_Edward 5 Jun 2012 11:39:56 11,454 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Even Tomb Raider looked shoddy.
    It didn't look too much like a puzzle/exploration affair from the clip I saw, but it looked fun enough. Hope they remember to include some, you know, raiding of tombs at some point rather than a run 'n gun explodathon.
    Well in if you look at the earlier trailers it seems to be a game about shooting people who are trying to rape you. Treasure hunting is unlikely to be a concern.
  • Deleted user 5 June 2012 11:41:21
    King_Edward wrote:
    Well in if you look at the earlier trailers it seems to be a game about shooting people who are trying to rape you. Treasure hunting is unlikely to be a concern.
    Boo and hiss, says I :(
  • andijames 5 Jun 2012 11:42:40 2,731 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well i loved the video of this. Seems like they're pushing the revised Assassin's Creed engine along nicely now (the interaction with the NPC characters, the movement etc) but can't help the feeling this was shown on the PC version. The lighting on it was tremendous plus the gunfight (for all i'm sick of them) looked incredibly impressive. Bullet-time / cover system / interact with objects (jumping over cars). Technically fantastic. Has potential i just hope they don't screw it up.

vivir el momento

• King_Edward 5 Jun 2012 11:43:00 11,454 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    @King_Edward

I quite like the new direction of it. It simply looks at least a little different in regards to what I expect
    when I think Tomb Raider.
    Which is MDI (modern day innovation). Take something different and make it the same, and its innovative. The more different it was the better.

/awaits Tetris 2: Guns of the Z-shape.
  • Metalfish 5 Jun 2012 11:44:10 8,818 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aside from the scripted feeling car pile up, I was very impressed.
  • ResidentKnievel 5 Jun 2012 12:01:07 6,201 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was the worst part, lets kill all these innocent people to get to this bad guy!

Although I'm sure there'll be many non-mass murdering options available to you to get to the villain in the final game.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Machetazo 5 Jun 2012 12:46:45 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Went over to Gametrailers after the conference break (they had looping commercials running on the stream, after Ubisoft until just before Sony), and Spike are really trying to push connectivity/audience participation...Returning from the break Geoff Keighley comments dismissively about the impact of Watch Dogs, really seeks to play it down, it seemed biased because...He's sure Star Wars 1313 is the greatest thing since sliced bread - oh, and Ubi probably didn't let him know their secret. The channel had been, prior to Ubisoft's show, running regular-ish updates on social media trending around their hashtag. Completely absent, during that final segment of their broadcasting day...Proper slimy.
    As for 1313, it reminded me of Force Unleashed, and if they could get the tech in to Dead Space, it'd probably see better use.

Edited by Machetazo at 12:47:21 05-06-2012
  • beastmaster 5 Jun 2012 12:50:00 11,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watch Dogs could be the kind of game I wanted The Outsider to be.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Feanor 5 Jun 2012 13:53:12 14,166 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Machetazo wrote:
    Went over to Gametrailers after the conference break (they had looping commercials running on the stream, after Ubisoft until just before Sony), and Spike are really trying to push connectivity/audience participation...Returning from the break Geoff Keighley comments dismissively about the impact of Watch Dogs, really seeks to play it down, it seemed biased because...He's sure Star Wars 1313 is the greatest thing since sliced bread - oh, and Ubi probably didn't let him know their secret. The channel had been, prior to Ubisoft's show, running regular-ish updates on social media trending around their hashtag. Completely absent, during that final segment of their broadcasting day...Proper slimy.
    Yup, they're a disgraceful bunch.
  • Tom_Servo 5 Jun 2012 19:40:58 17,962 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Having just watched the gameplay footage of this on YouTube, I have to say it looks promising. It certainly had me more excited than, well, any game I've seen for a long time.

It already looks very polished, moreso than the free-roaming games we've seen from Rockstar this generation (although the city may well be smaller than, say, Liberty City, but I think that's a good trade from Ubisoft). The graphics look excellent, and there's some nice little touches in there too, like your character's ears ringing after the large explosion.

I really like the way you can manipulate your environment too. Doing stuff like changing the traffic lights and putting up bridges is quite clever and it'll hopefully give you a lot of options for how you approach a mission.

The one concern I have is how interactive it actually is. There's a fair amount of classic "one-button press" action going on, from listening into people's mobile phone conversations to dragging the target out of the car (you don't even get to kill him yourself? Or even decide to leave him alive? Come on).
  • funkstar 5 Jun 2012 20:12:19 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    guillemot was on gttv and confirmed it was running on high-end pc, and that it is coming to pc/ps3/360 (no surprises there) and 'we'll see'

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• Tom_Servo 5 Jun 2012 21:06:57 17,962 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    freedumb wrote:
    The hacking device looks a bit too contrived as well. Unlimited hacking of everything in the city at the touch of a button with one small handheld device? How is that possible? Is it some sort of universal supercomputer, the size of a mobile phone? If this was some sort of stolen top secret government device, or if this was science fiction maybe, but I'm not really buying it, yet.
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg
  • Whizzo 5 Jun 2012 21:58:35 43,128 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rupert's being a big tease with his private viewing:

‏@rauper
    Private demo of Watch Dogs - amazing. And the iPad connectivity is effing cool!

This space left intentionally blank.

• silentbob 5 Jun 2012 23:29:56 28,974 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Watch Dogs does seem to be this year's E3 darling. But it sure has fuck all competition.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• freedumb 6 Jun 2012 01:04:01 1,110 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    freedumb wrote:
    The hacking device looks a bit too contrived as well. Unlimited hacking of everything in the city at the touch of a button with one small handheld device? How is that possible? Is it some sort of universal supercomputer, the size of a mobile phone? If this was some sort of stolen top secret government device, or if this was science fiction maybe, but I'm not really buying it, yet.
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg
    http://www.plan59.com/images/JPGs/stetson_playboy_1950_1.jpg
  • silentbob 6 Jun 2012 09:05:34 28,974 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be clear, 'high end' is always in comparison to what is current in consoles. So, anyone with a AMD 5870 and up probably won't have much problems with this. Bear in mind it's due for release on both PS3 and 360, so I wouldn't expect anything too taxing.

It's really nice to see a large proportion of interesting (and gorgeous) releases being demonstrated using the PC platform. Whilst this has happened before in the bridging period between console generations, I get the feeling that the PC is entering somewhat of a renaissance era as a lead platform for multi-platform titles.

This makes me very happy.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• fletch7100 7 Jun 2012 06:25:45 7,319 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Found some more info on games radar site, don't know if it's already been mentioned

"As the gameplay section of the demo wrapped, Ubisoft revealed another important detail: if you have an iPad (no details on other tablets, or iPhones), you’ll be able to download an app that ties your in-game progress into the game’s virtual Chicago. You can check your in-game progress for every strand of the mission, from your clear time to your methodology. That also includes what your friends are doing while they play Watch Dogs. You can check their mission logs and see how they played and try to beat their clear times. You can see a timeline of how you did, and there are hacking minigames to get more info on the people you encounter (the developers cited the DeMarco employee who Aiden hacks – with the app, you can pull up more information on her, and using in-game currency, you can hack for more information, including offshore bank accounts). You can also help friends or hurt friends via the app by hacking traffic lights and playing around with their escape routes as they play."

Edited by fletch7100 at 06:27:43 07-06-2012
  • JetSetWilly 7 Jun 2012 08:47:14 5,721 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    It's Assassins Creed in modern times. How are people not noticing this?
    That's what I thought immediately too. The futuristic look and feel of the UI, the markers over NPCs, the "Eagle Sense" he used to identify a target then listen in on a conversation, the area marked on the mini-map to escape from the cops.

Not that I see these as negatives, the game certainly looks pretty nice; it's just obvious how much AC is an influence.

Edited by JetSetWilly at 09:09:48 07-06-2012
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Jun 2012 09:03:57 3,304 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ive got to say, this was the first game that physically dropped my jaw during E3.

The Last of Us looked very slick, but in a strange way it didnt really blow my expectations out of the water, most likely because i was expecting something high quality from Naughty Dog anyway.

This, however, has come from nowhere to possibly being game of the show. Like others have said, im curious if it will be a proper sandbox game or a bit more "hub-like" similar to Deus Ex.

Either way, this game has gone straight to the top of my list. Amazing footage. :eek:

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• fletch7100 7 Jun 2012 10:08:51 7,319 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/watch_dogs/b/xbox360/archive/2012/06/07/unveiling-the-mystery-of-ubisoft-39-s-new-franchise.aspx
  • andijames 8 Jun 2012 11:29:17 2,731 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just read the article for this on the front page. Reminds me of how excited I was when I first seen assassins creed at E3 for the first time. Can see this maybe slipping on to next gen consoles thou at this rate. Won't be out for at least another year and at that point maybe the next round of consoles will be nearly ready to go. Would make a fantastic launch game :) although the install base is what they'd probably target. Interesting conundrum. New platform with less owners or older restricted platform with a large install base.

vivir el momento

• Machetazo 22 Jun 2012 17:19:16 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ubisoft released an image of Watch Dogs.

See the unscaled version, through the link.
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 16:28:53 3,438 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Damn.

http://www.eurogamer.pl/videos/watch-dogs-trailer-2
  • khaz 29 Apr 2013 16:41:53 2,786 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still not convinced about the hacking element. Need more in-depth gameplay videos.
  • Page

of 91 First / Last