Dead Space 3 Page 21

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 17:10:04 55,848 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Perhaps it will bring into focus the fact that people like Dead Space, but dont like the direction its taking.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• sanctusmortis 5 Mar 2013 17:19:40 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't give EA credit. They think it's a blip and next generation graphics over the same staid repetitive shit is their ticket to success for pretty much every other series, I doubt they have better ones for this.
  • djronz. 5 Mar 2013 17:48:21 185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I didn't buy it because I thought the last few levels of Dead Space 2 were shite, and this looked like it was a continuation of that.
    The last few were better than the cavern ones. I could have lived without the immortal graboid thing, though, benny hill-ing his way after you around the corridors.
    Your kidding? That thing terrified the shit out of me! 
  • erekose200 7 Mar 2013 11:42:39 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Picked this up today but not really sure what to expect. I absolutely loved DS2, my first experience with the series, but found the original to be a backwards step in more ways than one.
  • FogHeart 7 Mar 2013 14:51:22 910 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Warning! Violation of causality! Universe imploding in 3..2..1..2..3..2..1..2..3..
  • erekose200 7 Mar 2013 23:35:47 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So the first hour.. the fights against humans is pretty forgettable but there are positives. I like the attention to detail in the environments. Like DS2 there is a lot of background storytelling going on - the shabbiness of his apartment, the recording on the desk that his rent is late, Danik's recordings and marker posters, etc, all tells it's own story.

Finding the soundtrack a little overly bombastic and intrusive though. The previous games understood that silence (other than some ambient noise) is far more scary. Hope this eases off a bit later..

Edited by erekose200 at 23:37:00 07-03-2013
  • GiarcYekrub 8 Mar 2013 10:28:32 3,583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Out of Survival and Classic which is best? I need to decide on my next play through
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Mar 2013 18:00:02 4,670 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Out of Survival and Classic which is best? I need to decide on my next play through
    Unless you have already made your own mind up, 'classic' is the much, much better mode of the two, especially the reward for completing it too!

: )
  • sanctusmortis 8 Mar 2013 22:29:19 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bang! Bang! Pew pew pew!
  • stryker1121 13 Mar 2013 15:18:01 600 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On Ch. 5 right now, and have started running into some frustrations, particularly the 'push button for necros' level of game design from the end of DS2 where enemies are pouring out of the walls.

TBH it's a complete pain in the ass playing on veteran difficulty and is keeping me away from the game. Don't want to bust down to Normal mode yet, but this is getting ridiculous.
  • Cappy 13 Mar 2013 15:24:00 11,704 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I find the idea of universal ammunition incredibly off-putting.

I actually liked managing ammunition and weapons, it gives me something to think about at those shop stopping points where I check through the inventory and plan which weapons to hold back and which to use based on how much ammunition is available etc.

Now what am I going to think about? The tremendously well written story?

Edited by Cappy at 15:24:25 13-03-2013
  • sanctusmortis 13 Mar 2013 16:41:08 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ammo is waaaaaaaaay too common. First thing I did at every bench is sell my way down to 60 clips. Never ran out once.
  • CharlieStCloud 13 Mar 2013 19:02:02 4,670 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That serves me right for blindly downloading an add-on ...

... I got 800 free points for the NOW TV thingummy and used it for the Awakened DLC.

Yeah, it is quite poor.

- reuses exactly the same areas as the main game with a few environmental assets that is slightly different.
    - shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, walk a little bit ... shoot, shoot shoot, shoot, shoot and on and on.
    - follows straight on from the ending of the main game yet it is never explained or shown how you survived the fall (from space) onto the planet with nary a scratch (!)
    - only three chapters and each one takes twenty or so minutes to go through; value for money, this certainly isn't!
    - the new 'baddie' is just so fucking awful. You meet him three times in the very same place with wave upon wave of enemies chasing after you. It is not fun ... at all.
    - upon completing the last sequence, which is, again, recycled, the ending is shown. The other moons have reached Earth.
    - *sighs* ... the ending is super-duper poor and makes you feel cheated, especially if there is no more Dead Space.

Please save your points guys.

: (
  • sanctusmortis 13 Mar 2013 19:28:08 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    That serves me right for blindly downloading an add-on ...

... I got 800 free points for the NOW TV thingummy and used it for the Awakened DLC.

Yeah, it is quite poor.

- reuses exactly the same areas as the main game with a few environmental assets that is slightly different.
    - shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, walk a little bit ... shoot, shoot shoot, shoot, shoot and on and on.
    - follows straight on from the ending of the main game yet it is never explained or shown how you survived the fall (from space) onto the planet with nary a scratch (!)
    - only three chapters and each one takes twenty or so minutes to go through; value for money, this certainly isn't!
    - the new 'baddie' is just so fucking awful. You meet him three times in the very same place with wave upon wave of enemies chasing after you. It is not fun ... at all.
    - upon completing the last sequence, which is, again, recycled, the ending is shown. The other moons have reached Earth.
    - *sighs* ... the ending is super-duper poor and makes you feel cheated, especially if there is no more Dead Space.

Please save your points guys.

Watched a let's play of it earlier. Looks fucking atrocious. A bit more DS2 in parts, set mainly aboard one of the worst bits of DS3 with some minor set dressing added, and practically all in visions. Plus, 90 minutes of gameplay.
  • CharlieStCloud 13 Mar 2013 19:40:02 4,670 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Watched a let's play of it earlier. Looks fucking atrocious. A bit more DS2 in parts, set mainly aboard one of the worst bits of DS3 with some minor set dressing added, and practically all in visions. Plus, 90 minutes of gameplay.
    If I may ask, have you completed the sequel, Dead Space 2?
  • sanctusmortis 13 Mar 2013 19:48:48 9,590 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All 3. DS and DS3 on 360, DS2 on PC.
  • CharlieStCloud 13 Mar 2013 20:15:00 4,670 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ... I just wanted to let you know that the last boss in Dead Space 2, against your (ex)girlfriend Nicole, plays in almost exactly the same fashion as the baddie in Awakened whom is referred to in the text logs as 'The Voice'.

Nearly everyone agrees that the battle against Nicole for the last time was poor and well, guess what?

They decided to do the battle very similarary for the one in Awakened not once, not twice but THREE TIMES!

It was tedious enough once yet alone on the third blooming time.

Most of all, I have to say that I am hugely narked off with this article on Eurogamer by the way:

"In Dead Space 3 Awakened, gamers will experience some of the most disturbing content they have ever seen in a Dead Space game" says Steve Papoutsis.

Oh, I agree.

I was disturbed greatly ... to find out the hard way that your words were utter horseshit.
  • Darth_Flibble 13 Mar 2013 20:56:20 1,506 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was hoping the DLC was the "lost in Nightmares" for DS3 but its SHIT it seems (no doubt the apologists will fall back on "you tink you are kool raging on EA!!!!!111111 derp"
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 Mar 2013 08:42:40 11,118 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud You can't listen to a fucking word fuckers like that say mate, like everyone else, he has a financial interest in selling, but unlike a few of the shrewder businessmen, he doesn't mind trashing his credibility to sell. That's good, it means he burns you once hard, and then you never listen to the fucker again...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• CharlieStCloud 14 Mar 2013 09:10:03 4,670 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    That's good, it means he burns you once hard, and then you never listen to the fucker again...
    The thing of it is, I was quite happily willing to give the game another chance to win me over after enjoying the first third of the main game and a few bits in between.

After reading the whole 'most disturbing stuff experienced in any Dead Space game, ever!' article, and upon completing Awakened, I have not only been let down after buying all three Dead Space games (Extraction on the Wii too), I am also no longer a fan of the series, which is probably the most disappointing thing I can say.

I think even at 400 points, it would not be worth anyone's time or money.

... it's so sad to see just how far the series has fallen from grace.
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 09:14:22 55,848 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The worst thing is, I was going to pick this up when its cheap, but reading the review of the DLC has actually put me off the game entirely.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Telepathic.Geometry 26 Apr 2013 04:30:07 11,118 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud Yeah man, I think it really is a shame. That's what hurts the most, the wasted potential, and the fact that I probably won't touch DS 4 when it (I suppose) some day comes out...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• DUFFKING 18 Aug 2013 14:10:32 6,489 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So the PC version of this has negative mouse acceleration that can't be disabled.

Regular mouse acceleration is bad enough, but negative mouse acceleration?

Who the fuck ports a game to the PC and puts non disableable mouse acceleration in it? It's like a tick box of how to ruin a port for 90% of pc players. Thank fuck I have a controller.
  • GiarcYekrub 10 Sep 2013 10:41:45 3,583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gah! I just completed Awakened they can't leave it there!!!
  • CharlieStCloud 10 Sep 2013 11:14:03 4,670 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Gah! I just completed Awakened they can't leave it there!!!
    Yes they can.

... Dead Space 3 was bad enough, but Awakened is so crap to the point of not being bothered to find out 'what happens' to Issac and who-are-you-and-where-did-you-come-from Carver.
  • GiarcYekrub 10 Sep 2013 13:56:04 3,583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought Awakened was a step up from Severed, I don't get what people's problem with Dead Space 3 as a whole, it was pretty much more Dead Space 1 than 2 and people were asking for that in feed back when 2 was released
  • SomaticSense 24 Jan 2014 12:14:21 7,047 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm towards the end Chapter 13, and before I risk wasting anymore time on this travesty of a game, I have a few questions:

Do I have to do any more of that fucking dreadful rock-climbing setpiece bullshit?

Do I have to fight that shit annoying boss which takes way too long to defeat, yet again after this chapter?

Do I get off this shitty planet, and return to the awesome claustrophobic environmental scares and space exploration sections of the really bloody good early parts of the game?

Does the game stop throwing endless waves of enemies with frustrating spawn patterns at you, and go back to the focused, fun, survival horror DS1/DS2 template of the first half-dozen hours?

Do I have to deal with anymore cover-taking, grenade spamming military cunts, or gun toting generic zombies?

Could EA have possibly fucked this up more? Was it farmed out to a shitty studio like Timegate or Spark to do the Tau Volantis part of the game?

As a huge fan of DS1 and particularly the almost perfect DS2, this pile of shit is an insult.

Edited by SomaticSense at 12:17:36 24-01-2014
  • dominalien 24 Jan 2014 12:58:15 6,742 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got this in a recent sale on PSN and I'm liking it so far. I'm still at the beginning, mind. Still, it's the exact Dead Space fix I'd been looking for and one Extraction wasn't able to provide. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• chrisno21 24 Jan 2014 13:14:04 1,352 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:As a huge fan of DS1 and particularly the almost perfect DS2, this pile of shit is an insult.
    Agree that the first 2 were superb, didn't pick the third up as it sounds like it misses the mark set by the first 2. For some reason I really loved the second game, would rather play that again.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• SomaticSense 24 Jan 2014 13:37:14 7,047 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    I got this in a recent sale on PSN and I'm liking it so far. I'm still at the beginning, mind. Still, it's the exact Dead Space fix I'd been looking for and one Extraction wasn't able to provide. :-)
    The beginning is genuinely awesome. Thematically falls right inbetween the gap within DS1 & 2, and the psuedo freedom that was offered around the spaceship graveyard, with the linear claustrophobic horror 'dungeons' within that space, was exactly the route the series should have taken.

If the game had ended immediately after they landed on the planet (disregarding the resulting short length), it would have been a solid 9/10 from me. But they had to ruin it.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last