Watched a let's play of it earlier. Looks fucking atrocious. A bit more DS2 in parts, set mainly aboard one of the worst bits of DS3 with some minor set dressing added, and practically all in visions. Plus, 90 minutes of gameplay.
That serves me right for blindly downloading an add-on ...
... I got 800 free points for the NOW TV thingummy and used it for the Awakened DLC.
Yeah, it is quite poor.
- reuses exactly the same areas as the main game with a few environmental assets that is slightly different.
- shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, walk a little bit ... shoot, shoot shoot, shoot, shoot and on and on.
- follows straight on from the ending of the main game yet it is never explained or shown how you survived the fall (from space) onto the planet with nary a scratch (!)
- only three chapters and each one takes twenty or so minutes to go through; value for money, this certainly isn't!
- the new 'baddie' is just so fucking awful. You meet him three times in the very same place with wave upon wave of enemies chasing after you. It is not fun ... at all.
- upon completing the last sequence, which is, again, recycled, the ending is shown. The other moons have reached Earth.
- *sighs* ... the ending is super-duper poor and makes you feel cheated, especially if there is no more Dead Space.
Please save your points guys.