Dead Space 3 Page 14

• Page

of 23 First / Last

• PrivateFloyd 8 Feb 2013 22:02:08 4,189 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    put a good couple of hours into this now, really enjoying it.

it has the same atmosphere as the previous two, most definitely there is an over-abundance in ammo but the enemies do come thick and fast so I wouldn't say that i feel overpowered just yet. One of the problems is one of the weapons you get in the limited ediiton (the evangelist?) is way overpowered plasma rifle with under barrel shotty. Decimates anything at close range.

It's essentially more of the same, which I'm quite happy with.

Also, is this the first game where the light from Isaacs helmet casts real time light on the walls etc? never noticed it before and its mighty impressive.

Goat is hungry.....

• Darth_Flibble 8 Feb 2013 22:02:31 1,782 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    there is even infinite ammo glitch that can be applied any time, might be useful for hardcore mode
  • Bulbatron 8 Feb 2013 22:10:44 857 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @PrivateFloyd Nah, it was possible to see the light from Isaac's visor in Dead Space 2. Can't remember if it was possible in the first game. My copy had better turn up tomorrow or I'm gonna hit puree!

Wow - what a mansion!

• PrivateFloyd 8 Feb 2013 22:15:24 4,189 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Bulbatron

ah cheers. I got Dead Space 3 on a whim today as GAME/Royal Mail still havn't delivered my Ni No Kuni the swines.

Enjoying my time with this though at the moment,going to call it a night now though and go chill for a bit.

Goat is hungry.....

• fletch7100 9 Feb 2013 08:47:21 7,446 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Enjoying this just not as much as DS1 or 2. DS1 is still my favourite as that time it felt a fresh new game. Yeah it was a bit of a mash up of ideas from other games in that genre, for me it worked. The whole opening intro pulled me into the game, whilst the sequels openings just didn't have that same impact. Probably more a case of you know already what's going to happening.

According to interviews, the designers had plans for co op in the first game. Came up with the idea to fit it in too late in the games design, so it was dropped.

First 2 games always used the plasma cutter, hardly used it in DS3. Got myself stasis firing carbine/shotgun combo. Might replace shotgun with force gun. Plenty of combos to try out.

Like the weapon crafting side of the game. It's not a bad game at all. Is enjoyable, sound is great as usual. Some parts look great with the dust and light effects.

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:14:01 09-02-2013
  • Reacher 9 Feb 2013 09:45:58 901 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I started this last night and worked my way through the first few levels. I'm hoping it lives up to the feeling of isolation on a spaceship of 1, or the general madness of 2. We will see as it progresses I suppose.
  • neems 9 Feb 2013 11:54:32 1,472 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played a few hours of this last night - took a little time to get going, but once you get into space it really takes off. Whether it keeps it up once you hit the Ice world remains to be seen.

I started off playing on impossible, but this turned out to be a bad idea :-) Stuck it on hard for now. You do seem to get a lot of ammo, but I'm wondering if that is connected to all the weapons using the same ammo pool. It's not like the old games where you could switch if you ran out.

And like Private Floyd says, the Evangeliser is ridiculous. It may actually be the perfect Dead Space weapon - low ammo consumption, high precision, long range, rapid fire with a devasting close range alternate fire. It doesn't look (or sound) as cool as the Negotiator though.
  • fletch7100 9 Feb 2013 12:05:59 7,446 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Agree with the Evangeliser, upgrade the clip size,damage output, add in both stasis upgrades. Just got my plasma cutter with flame thrower as back up. Going to be fun experimenting with other gun designs

Also 2 scavenger bots now, so never a lack of spare parts
  • Telepathic.Geometry 9 Feb 2013 12:12:26 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Meh, not too impressed so far. It's just constant gang-rape by necros. Even more so than DS2, and my starting gun couldn't cut shit. It took three hits just to sever a leg. Fire-rate was wank too, and that combined with the several enemies coming from several directions at the same time meant that I had to go from Zealot down to Normal very quickly, even though it wasn't too much of a problem in DS 2. :/

This game is a shooter now. Every time I have to solve a puzzle, it is punctuated by extremely boring waves of the same old fucking enemy. Almost exclusively slashers and pukers, with the occasional swathe of lurkers thrown in to make it more irritating. I can honestly say that - as someone who loved the first and grew to love the second - I'm barely tolerating this. Damn my OCD...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Wayne 9 Feb 2013 12:46:07 2,144 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Could someone answer me a question? If you play solo, are you on your own (like Halo) or do you get stuck with an AI buddy (like Resi Evil).
  • Telepathic.Geometry 9 Feb 2013 14:34:50 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm playing solo, and I guess I'm about half way through. No co-op buddy. In fact, I couldn't enter a ship at one point because it was co-op only...

• Syrette 9 Feb 2013 15:27:19 44,298 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    Could someone answer me a question? If you play solo, are you on your own (like Halo) or do you get stuck with an AI buddy (like Resi Evil).
    Haven't started it yet but apparently the game just offers two of everything (gameplay mechanies like switches etc) in co-op. You play solo on your own (although can't you invite friends?) but you still see all the devices that exist to enable co-op play.

• fletch7100 9 Feb 2013 15:45:04 7,446 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So far think there is only 3 optional missions which are co op only.

Just playing it on normal and its pretty much resource heaven. Loot everything, remember to use the scavenger bots

Also when you send scavengers out, one of the things they gather is ration seals. This is a bit like the Mass effect 3 MP. Can buy resource packs at benches, you get couple of weapon parts and some resources. Can either use ration seals to buy these or MS points. Hopefully you can save up the seals and carry them across to a new game +
  • sanctusmortis 9 Feb 2013 16:32:36 9,807 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How long do Game normally take to deliver? Got a dispatch notice Tuesday, still not arrived.
  • Wayne 9 Feb 2013 16:40:15 2,144 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So just to be clear, if I play solo, there isn't another character following me around shooting the necros?

Edited by Wayne at 16:40:47 09-02-2013
  • fletch7100 9 Feb 2013 16:48:39 7,446 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Wayne

Yep you are on your own
  • Wayne 9 Feb 2013 16:49:56 2,144 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My reluctance to buy this game has evaporated.
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Feb 2013 16:50:57 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    How long do Game normally take to deliver? Got a dispatch notice Tuesday, still not arrived.
    Thought GAME sent me mine on Thursday, but it was ParaNorman on Blu-ray that I ordered from Amazon ...

... I too got a dispatch e-mail on TUESDAY MORNING and it still hasn't arrived!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
  • GiarcYekrub 9 Feb 2013 17:53:47 3,903 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Loving this game, the removal of the save stations is annoying and boo to co op only doors but certainly feels more like DS1 than 2 to me, that said I am going into it on imposible straight away
  • Bulbatron 9 Feb 2013 17:59:50 857 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud I'm in the exact same situation. E-mail from GAME to tell me it had shipped on Tuesday, I think it was, but still, nothing. Rather defeats the object of pre-ordering, doesn't it?

Wow - what a mansion!

• Darth_Flibble 9 Feb 2013 18:03:54 1,782 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Meh, not too impressed so far. It's just constant gang-rape by necros. Even more so than DS2, and my starting gun couldn't cut shit. It took three hits just to sever a leg. Fire-rate was wank too, and that combined with the several enemies coming from several directions at the same time meant that I had to go from Zealot down to Normal very quickly, even though it wasn't too much of a problem in DS 2. :/

This game is a shooter now. Every time I have to solve a puzzle, it is punctuated by extremely boring waves of the same old fucking enemy. Almost exclusively slashers and pukers, with the occasional swathe of lurkers thrown in to make it more irritating.
    pretty much this, as soon as you flick a switch, solve a puzzle etc, you waves of enemies rushing you. Some are sped up and the animation looks odd. Really can't see how some compare it to the 1st game, its more shooting than atmosphere
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Feb 2013 18:50:32 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bulbatron wrote:
    Rather defeats the object of pre-ordering, doesn't it?
    Well, you see ... I had a 5 online voucher to use as well as 3% cashback on Quidco, which is why I pre-ordered with GAME.

I am not in a hurry to play it, but it has been over five days since it was dispatched ... just seems daft to pre-order (with them) when they have no intention of allowing the game to turn up on time!

Ho-hum indeed.
  • GiarcYekrub 9 Feb 2013 19:29:40 3,903 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right the save system has just crossed the line from annoyance to spawn of satan. Anyone have any idea when the game is saved? I thought it was when it says saving in the top right corner or when a new chapter was starting... I peed off that I'm restarting the end of Chap 5 with the little ammo I had after I'd finished Chap 5
  • Telepathic.Geometry 9 Feb 2013 19:41:01 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I went out with the GF just before finishing the armory side-mission, and sure enough, I had to do the whole thing from scratch again. :/ Also, it left me off in a different place, but the levels are so samey (as in, they have the exact same fucking rooms and corridors) I was wandering all over it before I realised it wasn't the same...

Now I'm locked in battle with the same cunt for I think the third, or is it 4th, time, and this time, he just won't die. This game is really pissing me off.

• Telepathic.Geometry 9 Feb 2013 19:43:40 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    So just to be clear, if I play solo, there isn't another character following me around shooting the necros?
    Well actually, there are a few rare times when Carver is there, amongst others, and he seems to be shooting at enemies, but I don't think he helps or accomplishes much...

• Telepathic.Geometry 9 Feb 2013 19:50:02 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @GiarcYekrub: Seriously?! I started on impossible, but I had to dial it down to Normal once I got to the room with the three power generators that you have to spin up... Each one seemed to span a wave of 4 or 5 necros, a lurker, a couple of fast slashers, and a couple of the new cunts. And my weapon could barely kill one of them before I was taken from behind, and from some unseen corner by the lurker...

This game seems to love to get necros to come at you from 2 or three directions at once, every single time. Honestly, for me there is nothing about this which is even close to the greatness of DS 1...

• repairmanjack 9 Feb 2013 20:32:39 6,082 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wasn't overly impressed with the demo, but liked the original so much I thought I'd give it a go. Right now (about an hour and a half in) I'd say I prefer it to DS2, but it's not a patch on 1.

Really hope they don't piss the last three levels away, like in DS2.

Actually more keen for Lost Planet 3 than anything else.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Feb 2013 20:49:12 26,630 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Picked this up today and really enjoying it so far. Quick question: did the patch change the way ammo works, as I'm not having the issue of reloading partially empty clips using up a whole one?

Impressed with the 360 version too. Having come straight off the back of a pretty much maxed out DS2 on PC, there's very little difference.
  • GiarcYekrub 9 Feb 2013 21:55:52 3,903 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok I'm stuck it seems you do need to level up abit for the optional missions
  • Gearskin 9 Feb 2013 22:09:22 2,100 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Im up to Chapter 6 now and Ive done the optional missions I could.

Playing on normal to enjoy the atmosphere and story, as I totally bum this IP. Played, read and watched everything they put out. I think the universe they've created is fantastic!

First impressions? Delivers in spades. Its fucking cool!

With the surround sound cranked up, the intense violence still shits me up. Its not... Or, it never was "horror" of the psychological kind. Dead Space has always been more "terror" to me. More about stressing the player out, making them feel intense pressure and threat.

Still has that, especially in the quiet moments. I just finished Conning Tower, but had to turn it off as I was feeling too jangled :)

Oh, anyone who bums the IP like me should defo check out the two books just released. "Liberation" is a graphic novel about John Carver and his backstory.

The other is "The Art of Dead Space" whuch is just fantastic. A book dedicated to lifting the lid on the design work across all three games. Its actually authored by Eurogamer's own Features Editor, Martin Robinson. He has done a great job!

Avoid the last pages though, as they go into DS3 spoiler territory.
  • Page

of 23 First / Last