Dead Space 3 Page 2

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• senso-ji 8 Jun 2012 10:39:05 5,790 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I suppose it was inevitable that the DS series was going to become a Gears of War clone. Dead Space is one of my top 5 games of this current generation, it's pathetic to see that they've ran out of ideas only three games into the franchise.
  • Gambit1977 8 Jun 2012 10:40:43 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Could someone be so kind as to post up the footage from E3? I'm at work but want to sneak a peak and see how bad it is.
  • bad09 8 Jun 2012 10:46:51 5,623 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • Gambit1977 8 Jun 2012 10:51:17 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bad09 Cheers mate...well, I say cheers. Maybe I didn't actually want to see that afterall. What have they done??????????????????

When do companies look at the fact a game is successful, and say 'oh, that did well, let's change it all'.

Isaac even runs too fast now.
  • AcidSnake 8 Jun 2012 10:53:42 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A figment of his imagination would be a good way to explain co-op, but how would you then explain his imagination killing necros or flipping switches?...

I think as soon as someone joins he just comes crawling out of the nearest air vent like the bad guys do...
    "Oh, there you are, sorry we got separated...Right, what did I miss?"

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Gambit1977 8 Jun 2012 10:54:26 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Awww man, why does it look like Army of Two :(
  • trip919 8 Jun 2012 11:53:24 2,259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Let's hope they include a single player game in there with the multiplayer bollocks. Nobody wants: Lost Planet 2: Revisited.
  • spamdangled 8 Jun 2012 11:57:01 27,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    A figment of his imagination would be a good way to explain co-op, but how would you then explain his imagination killing necros or flipping switches?...
    They'll probably do a fight-club-esque explanation where it's actually him doing it, but he's convinced himself he's witnessing this other person doing it.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• AcidSnake 8 Jun 2012 12:01:20 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DM:
    Thought about that...
    "So it was just me flipping those two switches on opposite sides of the room simultaneously?"

Maybe the whole game will turn out to be a dream just before you arrive at Ishimura and it's just a down transmitter...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• spamdangled 8 Jun 2012 12:05:51 27,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    @DM:
    Thought about that...
    "So it was just me flipping those two switches on opposite sides of the room simultaneously?"
    That would break it, obviously. But that's assuming they have those sorts of puzzles.

Or they could maybe try the whole "that bit never actually happened" thing. Take it down the unreliable-narrator route. That would fit in with the psychotic break thing as well.

The whole game could be a giant flashback, with Isaac relating events to a third-party, and inserting things that didn't happen in order to fit in with his own delusions/ absolve himself of guilt.

Edited by darkmorgado at 12:07:14 08-06-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• warlockuk 8 Jun 2012 12:36:57 19,133 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Awww man, why does it look like Army of Two :(
    I quite liked Army of Two. Generic crap, but fun when you're pissed at a mate's house and he spends all his cash on useful upgrades and stuff and you just buy a fucking big gold gun and facemask like a twat.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• CharlieStCloud 8 Jun 2012 12:40:03 5,052 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That looks like Dead Space: Drake's Fortune ... I actually disliked every moment of that Co-Op gameplay video.

Awful.
  • Gambit1977 8 Jun 2012 12:40:54 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @warlockuk It was what it was...but this is Dead Space!!! Where's the dead??? Where's the space??? Why why why dammit????
  • Gambit1977 8 Jun 2012 13:15:30 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, they'll lose the current fans, who mostly seem completely disappointed in yet ANOTHER cover shooter. And gain....

Guess this will be the end of DS :(
  • Folant 8 Jun 2012 13:28:59 1,161 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't have problem with going into cover normally, I mean shit, if some morherfuckers are shooting at me I'm not likely to stand out in the open strafing from side to side.

But for this, I dunno, doesn't strike me as suited for a covering system, the first two games got on fine without it.

Weird.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• King_Edward 8 Jun 2012 13:49:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In the first two games you weren't fighting anything that was shooting back. You can't duck behind a knee high wall to stop a monster eating your face.
  • King_Edward 8 Jun 2012 13:50:14 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    So, they'll lose the current fans, who mostly seem completely disappointed in yet ANOTHER cover shooter. And gain....

Guess this will be the end of DS :(
    It'll out-sell DS2.
  • Deleted user 8 June 2012 16:03:12
    Bet there'll be a really action packed on rails sequence in the next trailer.

Don't think Carver will be imaginary due to the solo trailer of him on the planet talking to his wife. I'm sure EA will have an animated film about him released as well.

Wonder if De4d Sp4ce will be a return to single only or a third person blast em up.
  • AcidSnake 8 Jun 2012 16:10:09 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    @warlockuk It was what it was...but this is Dead Space!!! Where's the dead??? Where's the space??? Why why why dammit????
    I think it was established in the first that "dead space" is just what they called the field of interference around the Marker?
    (Though obviously marketingwise it meant dead things in space...)

• Machetazo 10 Jun 2012 21:16:19 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Giant Bomb interview. There are some answers to certain questions that arose since the first gameplay showing. The E3 demo they showed is in act 2 of the game. Quite a lot happens prior to this.
    Narrative. That's why there's changes. I'd suggest you watch, for yourself to see what Mr. Producer has to say in the interview, but I think he gives a straightforward, convincing response to explain the difference.

Edited by Machetazo at 21:17:21 10-06-2012
  • Machetazo 11 Jun 2012 21:09:35 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For example, in examining the audience for the Dead Space brand, a study revealed that one limitation that might be preventing the critically-acclaimed title from breaking out into the wider mainstream in a big way was that it was just too scary for many people to play alone. Audiences enjoy horror and thrills, but jump-out-of-your-seat experiences are commonly shared with friends or significant others.

"That's how co-op was introduced," Miele says. "Cooperative play was the ticket; that is the key need and motivation for consumers...

She also believes the Visceral team had a "phenomenal" time working on the co-op, which has added an additional dimension of gameplay for Dead Space.
    source: Gamasutra

So, the next generation of market research is actually responsible for the co-op.
  • Deleted user 11 June 2012 21:10:59
    it was just too scary for many people to play alone.
    Pussys.
  • bad09 11 Jun 2012 21:21:31 5,623 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Machetazo wrote:
    For example, in examining the audience for the Dead Space brand, a study revealed that one limitation that might be preventing the critically-acclaimed title from breaking out into the wider mainstream in a big way was that it was just too scary for many people to play alone. Audiences enjoy horror and thrills, but jump-out-of-your-seat experiences are commonly shared with friends or significant others.

"That's how co-op was introduced," Miele says. "Cooperative play was the ticket; that is the key need and motivation for consumers...

She also believes the Visceral team had a "phenomenal" time working on the co-op, which has added an additional dimension of gameplay for Dead Space.
    source: Gamasutra

So, the next generation of market research is actually responsible for the co-op.
    LOL! Co-Op is nothing to do with EA's "MUST HAVE ONLINE TO SELL UNDER PASSES!!!!" policy, or the failed disaster of the died on it's arse competitive online from 2. No they put co-op in because people who don't like horror games don't buy horror games. :rolleyes:

Edited by bad09 at 21:21:48 11-06-2012
  • -cerberus- 11 Jun 2012 21:25:36 2,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Last year I was willing to give co-op in a "horror" game a chance, so I bought FEAR3. Yeah, I'm not making that mistake again. Fuck DS3.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Vicky-360 12 Jun 2012 10:33:14 8 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    I suppose it was inevitable that the DS series was going to become a Gears of War clone. Dead Space is one of my top 5 games of this current generation, it's pathetic to see that they've ran out of ideas only three games into the franchise.
    They should have just made the first game and then come up with something completely new. But hey, it's an easy sell to make a sequel...and another sequel...and another...
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Jun 2012 10:40:57 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was too scary?
    We are living in a world of fannies! The whole point of the game was to be scary, it was a surival horror.
  • -cerberus- 12 Jun 2012 11:07:37 2,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @L_Franko: No, it's a third-person shooter with infinite monster closets. Co-op was bound to happen sooner or later.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Deleted user 12 June 2012 11:35:33
    I'd always say there are a lot of scarier games out there than Dead Space. Take Amnesia and the old X Box game Dark Corners Shadow Over Innsmouth where you are always better off hiding and as well as health there is the good old Sanity meter.

Also for a game to be truly survival horror its to have

(A) Little to no ammo.
    (B) Enemies that you need to run from.
    (C) Isolation.
    (D) Good Sound Design.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last