Dead Space 3 Page 5

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Cappy 17 Jan 2013 13:57:56 11,831 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still interested at least. We'll see when the finished product is released.
  • L_Franko Moderator 17 Jan 2013 14:03:07 9,694 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was expecting to see a Mech with detachable weapons somewhere in that video.
  • MetalDog 17 Jan 2013 14:09:55 23,708 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've only recently gotten around to playing DS1 and while I don't want to be spoilered, I have to say I spend an inordinate amount of playtime wondering what the fuck is wrong with Issac. The way he moves and slouches - his body language is so far off the usual heroic figure, I feel a horrible reveal may be coming somewhere down the line.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• nickthegun 17 Jan 2013 14:14:36 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the point is simply that he is an every man and not an action hero, albeit an every man with precision aim.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deckard1 17 Jan 2013 14:15:26 27,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's also made out of cats.
  • King_Edward 17 Jan 2013 14:17:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Engineers have notoriously bad posture.
  • MetalDog 17 Jan 2013 14:24:19 23,708 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He doesn't really come across as 'everyman' to me - there's something bestial about him. It's definitely refreshing, just so much so that it's distracting =D

I would still like to make a game with a main character that is overweight, getting on and unfit. If you could make people love them, it would be great and lets face it, any chase scenes would be simultaneously hilarious and tension-packed.

• Deckard1 17 Jan 2013 14:27:50 27,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Max Payne 3 did fat old man quite well.
  • Cappy 17 Jan 2013 14:29:47 11,831 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never considered Isaac's body language, I'm not sure Visceral Games did either. I'm sure a lot of it is accidental, a push the button to make scripted monsters happen game is unlikely to be that intelligent.

Edited by Cappy at 14:30:17 17-01-2013
  • nickthegun 17 Jan 2013 14:30:34 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does this still have the awful upgrade system?

And the irritating save stations.

He totally called it

• MetalDog 17 Jan 2013 14:31:58 23,708 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The animator certainly must have considered his body language - everything he does has that same, lumpish, grunting caveman style to it, it's really fascinating.

Now I have to play Max Payne 3.

• Deckard1 17 Jan 2013 14:34:48 27,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I never considered Isaac's body language, I'm not sure Visceral Games did either. I'm sure a lot of it is accidental, a push the button to make scripted monsters happen game is unlikely to be that intelligent.
    Yeah its accidental. It's not like everything in a game has to be written and programmed to be an exact way. They just throw a bunch of zeros and ones together and hope for the best.
  • nickthegun 17 Jan 2013 14:36:05 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Since its about a dude being slowly pushed into madness, its probably deliberate.

He totally called it

• mrpon 17 Jan 2013 14:42:46 28,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks a bit Lost Planet meets Dead Space to me and that guy playing the video is clearly not a dismember legs kinda guy.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Cappy 17 Jan 2013 14:51:33 11,831 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isaac certainly gets worked up over crushing innocent boxes under his armoured heel.
  • MetalDog 17 Jan 2013 14:54:17 23,708 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Cappy
    It did occur to me that they were simply trying to imply a weighty, cumbersome suit, because he does move a bit like a deep sea diver.

• Scurrminator 17 Jan 2013 14:58:53 8,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WHY ISN'T HE RELOADING AT EVERY SINGLE QUIET POINT!?
    IDIOT!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• MatMan562 17 Jan 2013 16:59:47 2,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Does this still have the awful upgrade system?

And the irritating save stations.
    I've no idea about the save stations but the upgrading is done differently. You get 3 different types of "currency" that you can use to make different parts for weapons (scrap metal is one) and with them you can also make some upgrades. The top and bottom parts of your gun each get 4 upgrade slots, select one and you can choose between 4 different upgrade types, select one of those and it gives you a list of things you can make to apply to your gun. For example you could choose the damage boost option and make a "Damage +1, Reload Speed +1" upgrade to apply.

Sorry for the bad explanation, the whole weapon crafting/ upgrading thing is quite extensive but it's really simple once you spend a couple minutes at the first workbench.

For what it's worth, I liked the upgrading and save stations of the other games.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• stryker1121 17 Jan 2013 17:56:32 667 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haven't played the demo but watched a play-through online, and I'm pretty much sold on giving DS3 a go. I don't like having Isaac tramp through wide open,sunny snow fields, but there's evidence of the usual corridor crawling and the weapon-crafting system looks cool.

THe bit where those squid like enemies take over human bodies and start shooting at you aimlessly was actually kind of awesome IMO. It adds another gameplay element cuz you have to take off the gun arm of the reanimated corpse. That said I'm hoping the cover shooter/human enemies segments are few and far between.
  • MatMan562 17 Jan 2013 20:10:02 2,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote:
    That said I'm hoping the cover shooter/human enemies segments are few and far between.
    This is probably my biggest concern with the game at the moment. I'm hoping that they all get wiped out a few hours in by the necromorphs.

Oh, at the end of the demo the other dude (the one the 2nd player in co-op plays as) just appeared at the beginning of the last cut-scene. I'm not sure if that was a glitch, a demo only problem (they might have just put the one cut-scene in the demo) or if it's just how the game is but if things like that happen throughout i'll get really pissed off with it.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Dirtbox 18 Jan 2013 06:30:38 77,474 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Jan 2013 06:56:50 37,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Now I have to play Max Payne 3.
    If you're after a fat old man game, you really do have to play MP3. He hits the ground so heavily after a bullet dodge, then is slow to get back up. You can feel his weight.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• DUFFMAN5 18 Jan 2013 07:27:33 14,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    valli wrote:
    I have a 360 demo code, PM me if you wants it.
    Pm'd just in case you still have :)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• FanBoysSuck 18 Jan 2013 12:07:31 1,448 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What the fuck is up with having coop but no split screen? Proper disappointed, the mrs really wanted to coop this :(

For the emperor!

• -cerberus- 18 Jan 2013 19:09:28 2,440 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    And here's what Dead Space 3 looks and plays like in all of its full-on dudebro co-op glory.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Gearskin 18 Jan 2013 19:29:43 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really liked the demo. Its here to show off some new enemies, mechanics and systems. Which it does, and quickly.

We know it still has quieter moments. We've had a video. And Im sure there is more of that.

Not sure why anyone would complain about the heavier reliance on action. At this point, Issac has been fighting these things for ages. He's gone from being a guy to a soldier. In game one, dismembering necromorphs was new to us. Stressful. Frightening. Now its second nature.

Issac's character arc resembles ours as the player.

My ONLY concern is that the story doesnt deliver. Ive played all the games so far (includes Wii, mobile and XBLA), seen the animes, read the comics and books. Im a whore for the lore... I hope they can wrap it up.
  • Deleted user 18 January 2013 19:56:53
    So uhhhhh am I the only one concerned for Visceral's fetish for killing babies? Dead Space and Dante's Inferno have both featured it, pretty disappointed there wasn't a bigger deal made of that, its as about as degenerate as its possible to get.
  • Deleted user 18 January 2013 20:55:30
    @DarkSpaceDS I don't remember that right now its been a while but yeah weird how those shitstorms work isn't it.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Jan 2013 06:19:24 14,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Next page...I will not keep being the last post on any given page of a thread ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:55:23 19-01-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Page

of 22 First / Last