Gears of War: Judgement Page 3

• Page

of 89 First / Last

• BiggerBFG 10 Jun 2012 20:43:09 780 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    copied from ign forum.......

Rod Fergusson also said that "Judgment" is the 4th installment in the Gears of War SAGA. 2 more Gears of War games pretty much confirmed.
    Rod Fergusson also said that there will be many more multiplayer gamemodes than just Overrun. It's sounding like a full game, and not an ODST-esque game.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Jun 2012 20:51:02 13,814 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I fancy getting a special edition (assuming there will be one or many) for this one, just to show my love ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BiggerBFG 10 Jun 2012 21:34:06 780 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I got GoW3 Legendary Edition with COG tag , flag and Adam Fenix MP code and some other guff. Never took out the tag, never hung up the flag, never read the guff and played only a handful of games with AF. I don't think I'll be getting a special edition next time.
  • barbour99 10 Jun 2012 21:59:25 939 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In the E3 interview vid, Overrun is described as the "flagship" multiplayer mode (or something similar).

There could be some credence towards the claims of an ODST style release but that would depend on how much work People Can Fly have done on the game. Presumably, they've been focused on this since the wrap-up of Bulletstorm so hopefully Judgement will get it's own multiplayer.

Given the setup of overrun, I can't see it being compatible with existing multiplayer maps so that mode at least would need its own maps.

Interested to hear more about this game. Very excited!
  • darkestfawn 11 Jun 2012 18:00:43 2 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am looking forward to this game next year

Darkestfawn

• RedSparrows 12 Jun 2012 10:57:27 20,756 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like Gears, but I really don't need another one for a long time. Gears 3 has so much content as is.
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Jun 2012 11:02:07 13,814 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BiggerBFG wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 I got GoW3 Legendary Edition with COG tag , flag and Adam Fenix MP code and some other guff. Never took out the tag, never hung up the flag, never read the guff and played only a handful of games with AF. I don't think I'll be getting a special edition next time.
    Hi BFG
    Reading that back, you are saying you want to give me all the extra stuff for my "games/action figure" room ;)

@RS
    You are right re amount of content, it is insane, esp if you go for seriously 3. That said the more Gears the better :)

• Jono62 12 Jun 2012 11:04:13 13,628 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I hear that the special edition is going to have a talking Baird figure where he says only only one line over and over again ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Jun 2012 11:09:16 13,814 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 I hear that the special edition is going to have a talking Baird figure where he says only only one line over and over again ;)
    brilliant :)

God I'm missing Gears and you chaps, hurry up and fix the old girl you Deutschland fuckers

no offence to our German brothers

• Deleted user 12 June 2012 20:30:17
    @RedSparrows

Agreed. I'm still quite enjoying Gears 3, even though I've become slightly rusty after a lengthy break due to uni commitments. I think it's too soon for a new one, I'd rather they added any new campaign/mp content as DLC at a cheaper price. The fact that there is no "4" in the title clearly tells us that this is going to be little more than a glorified expansion pack. I'll reserve judgement (hehe) until I learn more but right now my interest is only luke-warm.
  • LeSpank 13 Jun 2012 08:43:12 482 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sfp_noodle wrote:
    The fact that there is no "4" in the title clearly tells us that this is going to be little more than a glorified expansion pack. I'll reserve judgement (hehe) until I learn more but right now my interest is only luke-warm.
    The multiplayer footage that has been shown backs this up. It looks to be the core Gears 3 engine with new gameplay elements and modes added on.

If anything this comforts me! I was worried that handing the game over to a new dev would result in a game that lost the feel that has been evolving nicely throughout the series.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2012 08:57:42
    Apparently, they're changing the controls. Hopefully there's an option to switch to switch "classic" controls.

I'm not sure if I'd be happy with an ODST, but then it might mean more DLC for Gears 3.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Jun 2012 09:35:14 13,814 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched the video explaining/showing over-run mode. I can't wait for this.
    I assume campaign will be 4 player again ?

• Jono62 13 Jun 2012 09:45:02 13,628 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Let's hope if there is Co-op campaign, I actually get it this time! Fix it Epic!
  • RedSparrows 13 Jun 2012 09:47:39 20,756 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ODST was great, to be fair.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Jun 2012 09:49:20 13,814 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Jono62

Morning fella. I see us spending many hours,getting many cheveo's for this one ;)

Seriously 4 will take 10 years of your life to complete

Jono what ribbon/event did I miss on Gears over the weekend

• Jono62 13 Jun 2012 09:52:23 13,628 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I dunno. I didn't get one when I played over the weekend, but I think it's shotguns and snipers.
  • Vortex808 13 Jun 2012 09:55:44 6,566 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    ODST was great, to be fair.
    Indeed. I enjoyed ODST a lot. And it introduced Firefight.

If Overrun is as much fun as horde/beast and there's those modes plus a decent campaign I will be spending loads of time playing that. Hell, I could happily play vanilla Gears 3 mp for a long while yet anyway!

I hope this game's released at 25-30 quid like ODST, but I won't hold my breath though!
  • Deleted user 13 June 2012 09:56:30
    If it is just Overrun with Gears 3 multiplayer it will just stay as Seriously 3.0 with added achievements for the campaign and overrun.
  • barbour99 13 Jun 2012 13:33:13 939 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Overrun gives you a special ability that is mapped to LB (stimgas, ammo box, grenade, Kantus-heal etc) and the weapon selection is mapped to Y. Tap to switch between rifle and shotty, hold for pistol.

The reason is to make the gameplay much faster which would be needed in the frantic moments of defending generators.
  • BiggerBFG 25 Jun 2012 22:19:19 780 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Control Scheme (So far):

Tap "Y" to switch between Primary/Secondary weapon
    Hold "Y" to switch to pistol
    Tap "LB" to throw Grenade
    Hold "LB" to aim grenades
  • Deleted user 25 June 2012 22:22:20
    That's only for overrun though isn't it?
  • barbour99 25 Jun 2012 23:13:37 939 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Interesting whether they switch both or just Overrun. Would be a bit strange to have different ones for SP
  • Vortex808 26 Jun 2012 07:52:17 6,566 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep, that'd get very confusing for those of us who are more elderly & forgetful. Insert joke about Duffman's age here. ;-)

I have had problems sometimes when changing between games with the two main fps layouts, throwing the odd accidental grenade etc. So this would definitely cause chaos for me.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Jun 2012 08:16:53 13,814 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Vortex808

Flipping kids today, no respect ;)

Vortex you better not be buying this from anywhere else other than Shopto. We need to start this day 1 or -1 of release mate.

• Vortex808 26 Jun 2012 09:11:57 6,566 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    :D

Don't worry about that at all Duffman, there will be no chances taken with delivery times for this!

Amazon have always got everything to me on release day previously, so I hope by paying extra that release day should be guaranteed for Borderlands 2. /crosses fingers

If it's not, then I will be raging, or possibly just doing a claptrap dance in frustration/anticipation.
  • oceanmotion 13 Jul 2012 13:56:29 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Coming out March 2013 apparently.

Seems everyone wants their games out before summer 2013. Absolutely packed. Makes you think next gen is releasing in the Fall.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Jul 2012 14:02:12 13,814 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Coming out March 2013 apparently.

Seems everyone wants their games out before summer 2013. Absolutely packed. Makes you think next gen is releasing in the Fall.
    I have never taken a day off of school (1980's...long time ago!) or booked a day off work for a game release...I may do in March :)

Edit, I really need to start reading things back before posting!

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 14:02:59 13-07-2012

• Deleted user 14 July 2012 01:20:35
    Just watched the overrun video on the front page, looks great.
  • Vortex808 14 Jul 2012 10:51:45 6,566 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks great indeed. Really look forward to burrowing and moving around as a corpser and spiutting gunk as a serapede.

Dare I say it, but I might have to play as Baird quite often, since I always dig being a turret-dropping class. Even if he is uber-annoying.
  • Page

of 89 First / Last