Gears of War: Judgement Page 39

• Page

of 90 First / Last

• killersrquiet 30 Mar 2013 15:21:16 2,181 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finally a postman has seen fit to pop judgment through my door. Now I need to find some time today:-)
  • Shygnome 30 Mar 2013 15:25:03 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Locust Queen is Marcus' mom, did his dad helped create the Locust?

"We were in the Locust tunnels looking for imulsion crystals for the targeting laser. We found Mom's body."

• Deleted user 30 March 2013 15:44:07
    Post deleted
  • Darth_Flibble 30 Mar 2013 15:48:55 1,774 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Very disappointed with this game, had a decent playing through first time but very short main campaign and aftermath is not that great, improves near the end. Was playing Overun with a mate and the AI, and the AI is dumb as the COG as we would have to a lot more work to defend the hole but as the locust it was so easy to destroy the objective. Very little content on the MP side, all to justify season pass of dlc

imo a single player of what happen on emergence day would of been better than kilo squad little trial
  • Vortex808 30 Mar 2013 16:06:19 7,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    An emergence day game would be very welcome indeed.

No idea why they went with baird, one of the most unlikeable of them all. At least you don't play as him too much!

Edited by Vortex808 at 16:06:25 30-03-2013
  • Deleted user 30 March 2013 17:20:49
    All this negativity :( I'm loving it (aside from stim grenades in mp)
  • barbour99 30 Mar 2013 17:24:59 951 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think they did a very good job of not making Baird annoying in this one. He was my favourite through till Gears 3 when his sarcasm and 'humour' were overdone.

One of the books covered Emergence day and it was great. I think it suited the narrative of survival though and not the gameplay so much, but it would be great to see nonetheless.
  • Vortex808 30 Mar 2013 17:32:53 7,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To be fair, i have just finished halvo bay with corpsers present and he didn't mention anything about some kind of  armour-plating on their legs at all.

You are probably right regarding him becoming more annoying. I thought he was fine in 1 and used him for mp a fair bit but 2&3 saw him become more annoying. He was very annoying by 3.

Edited by Vortex808 at 17:33:29 30-03-2013
  • StarchildHypocrethes 30 Mar 2013 17:54:08 26,593 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite like Baird. In the grand scheme of Gears at least he has the semblance of some character.
  • Jono62 30 Mar 2013 20:05:30 14,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Baird in Judgment is a decent character. Cole is annoying in this one.

I'm enjoying it too Le Spank. Need more full MP though. As in a team of 5 vs 5.

Also we need to try survival on insane, just not on the Island map. That was tough on normal!

Edited by Jono62 at 20:07:05 30-03-2013
  • altitude2k 31 Mar 2013 10:55:35 4,875 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok, so the way I see it is that Judgment is a test for PCF, to see if they're capable enough to carry on the series.

Judgment itself is an experiment to see how well Bulletstorm-style arcade scoring fits into the universe, and Aftermath is a test for PCF's ability to create a more traditional Gears campaign.

My thoughts after completing both are that PCF need to put lots of effort in, but based on Aftermath I reckon they could build a full, story-driven sequel (or more likely, prequel) series. The star scoring would be a great addition to campaign replay, a bit like Halo's, but I really don't think it should be included by default. My first run through is always to enjoy the story, not concentrate on the score. It's a bit like how K/D focus kills MP.

Edited by altitude2k at 10:57:45 31-03-2013
  • gooner77 31 Mar 2013 12:30:23 897 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    barbour99 wrote:
    I think they did a very good job of not making Baird annoying in this one. He was my favourite through till Gears 3 when his sarcasm and 'humour' were overdone.

One of the books covered Emergence day and it was great. I think it suited the narrative of survival though and not the gameplay so much, but it would be great to see nonetheless.
    Which book covered e day ? Might track it down on kindle store
  • DUFFMAN5 31 Mar 2013 13:04:29 15,390 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any Gears action tonight lads ?

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• altitude2k 31 Mar 2013 13:19:18 4,875 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:
    barbour99 wrote:

Which book covered e day ? Might track it down on kindle store
    Coalition's End. It tells of why the CoG leave Vectes and end up on boats (at the beginning of Gears 3), but like all the other Gears books it flashbacks back, this time to Cole's story of E-Day.

It is pretty chilling. Talking of how the invasion begins but is isolated on certain parts of Sera, so while people were aware it was going on they were still happily living their lives and even going to Thrashball matches.

It covers Cole (who is like the nicest guy in the world) and his decision to become a Gear and the eventual firing of the Hammer of Dawn and the millions of people who died outside of the safe zone.
  • Vortex808 31 Mar 2013 13:59:12 7,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Any Gears action tonight lads ?
    I'm sure I could be tempted. ;-)

I cheesed the FFA matches last night on private. I feel a bit dirty about it, but it's even worse than wingman to my mind. Gears is supposed to be about working as a team dagnammit. Had some great TDM and domination matches with some ransoms last night. Just need to do a lot of overrun and survival with you good folks now.
  • Jono62 31 Mar 2013 14:25:50 14,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I should be about tonight.

FFA is not for me either.

Survival tonight? Unless BFG fancies a quick go at vaults?
  • BiggerBFG 31 Mar 2013 16:11:51 810 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A quick go? Chance would be a fine thing lol but yeah, we can give it another go tonite .
  • Vortex808 1 Apr 2013 00:27:32 7,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice games folks. Stuck around for one more overrun match, trying to join duff. Ended up on the other side & was soundly beaten.

Got babooshka'd by him on numerous occasions too.

Catch you all another night.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Apr 2013 10:18:48 15,390 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good fun last night chaps.
    As ever Gears is even more fun with like minded loons ;)

@bfg Thank you for campaign help, I will be asking you again...don't forget to change the skill lvl though.hehe

@vortex
    That was so funny (obviously funny-sad ;) ) when I saw you name come up as a kill of mine. I'm sure you got me a few times as well mate.
    and don't forget...

Duff wanted to test the Horde.
    he knew exactly what to do:
    A pseudonym to fool him.
    they couldn't have made a worse move.

They sent him scented grenades,
    And he received them with a strange decapitation.
    Just like the Baird
    But how he was before the tears,
    And how he was before the years flew by,
    And how he was when he was the cole-train baby.
    She signed the letter

"All yours,
    Babooshka, Babooshka, Babooshka-ya-ya!
    All yours,
    Babooshka, Babooshka, Babooshka-ya-ya!"

...on that bombshell I'm of to tin pan alley to write some more top tunes ;)

That ref is only for me and you mate...due to our advancing years.

• Vortex808 1 Apr 2013 10:41:08 7,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

That ref is only for me and you mate...due to our advancing years.
    Her videos always used to be a favourite of mine on TOTP. She's still a fine looking woman too.

Getting old is worrying though. I recently found out that Wayne Coyne from the Flaming Lips is 52. WTF is that about?

When did that happen, and where did all that time go? I still feel about 20ish. :(
  • Jono62 1 Apr 2013 10:49:38 14,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Let's not beat around the Kate Bush; who is on today, last day before back to work :(
  • Vortex808 1 Apr 2013 10:52:00 7,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oi! Some of us at are at work as it is!

:(

Well, in the building at least ;-)
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Apr 2013 11:29:08 15,390 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Let's not beat around the Kate Bush*; who is on today, last day before back to work :(
    I will be on after me and the wife have watched a "Lewis" so around 21:30 I would think :)

An episode of Rab C Nesbitt, when Rab is asking Mary-doll if she has been cheating on him
    "Maryhen I'm not going to beat about the bush...has someone been beating about your bush" always brings a smile to my face.:)

• Jono62 1 Apr 2013 16:25:33 14,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @BFG Thankfully the vaults are done now! Can we do the first one again? It says I haven't done it in co-op. Can be done casually as I have the insane stars already.
  • BiggerBFG 1 Apr 2013 20:32:25 810 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jono62

No probs.
  • Jono62 2 Apr 2013 09:02:29 14,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Back at work :( it should be illegal to go back to work after a bank holiday.

Think we can do that level tonight BIG, as long as the spawn system stops spawning tickers.

Edited by Jono62 at 09:03:31 02-04-2013
  • barbour99 2 Apr 2013 10:07:08 951 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When are you continuing your Insane run?
    I want to get on board!
  • Jono62 2 Apr 2013 10:15:41 14,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tonight hopefully. We are on Sofia's testimony, on the part where the rager makes it first appearance. Hoping to be on for 8:30. Be warned, it's tough!
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Apr 2013 10:57:29 15,390 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If any of you boys get on a little earlier or want to warm up with helping me on a section or 2 of my "normal" co-op playthrough...:)

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 12:38:37
    Gears of War 3 dispatched by Shopto. Whu huu
  • Page

of 90 First / Last