Assassins Creed 3: Liberation Page 5

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• daft_punk_909 2 Nov 2012 12:56:02 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A 5/10 here. ://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/assassins-creed-3-liberation-review-glitch-power-leaves-girl-power-nowhere-to-free-run/

Although judging by their AC3 PS3 review I'd say OPM have some issues with Ubisoft or something! Maybe lost out on the AC exclusive?

PSN: daft_punk_909

• Kangoo 2 Nov 2012 13:02:11 1,015 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That review seems to want to moan with everything they have tried, the dressing up part especially makes sense as I always thought it was odd when you walk around a packed area in full assassin gear and no one takes any notice.

Guess each to there own but I think it is a great effort from Ubi and they deserve some credit for what they have achieved.

PSN: Adwab2

• elvenscroll 2 Nov 2012 13:18:07 1,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Waiting for my liberation vita bundle to arrive. Anyone know if you get a proper game box with it? The American version apparently just came with the game card.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Rufus 2 Nov 2012 13:53:32 1,754 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Waiting for my liberation vita bundle to arrive. Anyone know if you get a proper game box with it? The American version apparently just came with the game card.
    If it's the UK version you don't even get the game card, it's a download code to use on PSN. That's why you get the 4 gig memory card with it!
  • Kay 2 Nov 2012 13:58:40 17,765 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Metro give it an average review, mainly down to the bad frame-rate (which has been mentioned by most reviews):

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/916766-assassins-creed-iii-liberation-review-down-in-louisiana

Cons: The persona system is deeply flawed and out of your control for nearly half the game. Poor storytelling, severe graphical issues, and irritating touch control gimmicks.
    Edit: And before anyone comments, Metro are the old Gamecentral team.

Edited by Kay at 13:59:32 02-11-2012
  • elvenscroll 2 Nov 2012 15:35:56 1,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rufus wrote:
    elvenscroll wrote:
    If it's the UK version you don't even get the game card, it's a download code to use on PSN. That's why you get the 4 gig memory card with it!
    That's pretty shit. I take it I can Download it via PS3 and transfer it over?

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Rufus 2 Nov 2012 20:26:01 1,754 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would imagine so, yeah. Don't see why not!
  • elvenscroll 3 Nov 2012 00:04:49 1,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers chap. Suppose I'd better invest in a bigger memory card at some point.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• BryanAKADJ 3 Nov 2012 01:31:28 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Might get this along with various PS1 games for my Vita.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• daft_punk_909 3 Nov 2012 08:17:53 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spent a few hours with this now. Have to say, the longer I've played the more frustrated I've become. On three separate occasions (I'm still in Sequence 1) the mission has seemingly disappeared, I've been walking round looking for the bubble thingy, and it's just not there. I've had to restart the memory and then it's simple to find. It feels like if you walk slightly off course the game just cancels the mission without telling you. On two of these occasions I was walking around for 20 mins before I decided to restart. I've never had to restart a memory in an AC game before like this. The third occasion I just restarted after a couple of minutes.

Trouble is, now I'm not sure whether I'm in a difficult bit or the game has broken again. during one of the first assassinations I had to use a musket. Couldn't find one. Was this just a tough bit or had the game forgotten to give me one earlier? .

Positively the game feels great, really smooth running on the rooftops etc... I've found all the touch screen stuff to be well implemented, so far. I'm not sure about the limited abilities of the lady character though, it makes sense logically, however, walking around for 15 minutes without being able to do much felt like I was playing a shit film tie-in game from the 90's.

I'm hoping another patch will fix my issues. As it is I'm strongly considering stopping playing.

• LEEROY_UK 3 Nov 2012 09:54:34 30 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm on my second visit to the bayou and not encountered any such issues as yet, everything seems to be working as it should.

Did you do the title update?
  • daft_punk_909 3 Nov 2012 13:12:32 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yep. Installed the update before I started playing.

• cheeky_prawnking 3 Nov 2012 21:39:25 4,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seems like another vita game to get. May purchase this and then that's it for an age, so much to play.

No games lol
  • chessboxer 3 Nov 2012 22:20:38 250 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    daft_punk_909 wrote:during one of the first assassinations I had to use a musket. Couldn't find one. Was this just a tough bit or had the game forgotten to give me one earlier?
    You have to take the musket off one of the 4 or 5 guards that attack you.
  • daft_punk_909 4 Nov 2012 09:40:56 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @chessboxer Cheers. I assumed so.

My point was more, that the game had showed me what to do upto that point, then suddenly asked me to do something it hadn't showed me. I would normally like the challenge. However, as it had been buggy upto that point I just wasn't sure if it was a challenge, or a glitch. Thus taking me out of the game completely.

• -cerberus- 5 Nov 2012 00:12:36 2,470 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm very, very tempted to get a Vita just for this. The setting, story & character appeal to me a great deal. However, reading the honest gamer's reaction here kind of puts me off... I don't mind the odd glitch but, on a scale of one to ten, how bothersome are the technical issues here?

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Help_me 5 Nov 2012 08:24:50 940 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't have it myself but it sounds like only one person has had any issues.
  • Progguitarist 5 Nov 2012 08:51:12 10,401 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still no EG review of this...wonder why.
  • daft_punk_909 5 Nov 2012 09:18:07 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There are definitely quite a few people on the Gamefaqs forum reporting glitches.

I've just had to restart another memory. Thinking of restarting the whole thing. Wonder if my update didn't install properly or something?

• Jmog 5 Nov 2012 17:19:40 391 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Still no EG review of this...wonder why.
    I think it was Oli who wrote yesterday or the day before that they got the game quite late but that a review is forthcoming.
  • daft_punk_909 6 Nov 2012 06:18:08 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ok. Panic over. I'm officially an idiot.

The update hadn't installed. Not sure if it's because it's a cart (apart from Uncharted all my other Vita games are downloads), but, I tried restarting my Vita and when it switched on I was graced with the installing AC3 screen!

Amazed at how much difference it has made. There's now orchestral music that accompanies things. The scene 'escape from the governors mansion' is full of action rather than aimless wondering. The graphics are even crisper. Most of all it isn't broken.

Shocking that Ubisoft shipped this so broken. There must be people with a Vita who don't see that little update symbol, it doesn't exactly force you to update games.

• JayG 6 Nov 2012 06:57:11 833 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wierd, wouldn't let me play it without updating, got one of those obscure error messages.
  • Gregolution 6 Nov 2012 08:07:38 3,171 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I went from thinking this was just ok to quite enjoying it. Played in the bath last night and was a shrivelled prune when I got out. Not sure why I'm telling you all that but... True story
  • Zizoo 6 Nov 2012 08:25:56 8,125 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The review is up on the front page.

Sounds like a good effort and promising for future titles.
  • Murbal 6 Nov 2012 08:43:50 21,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    I went from thinking this was just ok to quite enjoying it. Played in the bath last night and was a shrivelled prune when I got out. Not sure why I'm telling you all that but... True story
    You took your Vita in the bath? Braver man than I.
  • Help_me 6 Nov 2012 08:55:33 940 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ Exactly what I was thinking!
  • neilka 6 Nov 2012 09:02:46 15,679 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He didn't say there was any water in the bath.
  • waggy79 6 Nov 2012 09:28:40 916 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    He didn't say there was any water in the bath.
    then I don't want to know how he got shrivelled... /shudder
  • santashi 6 Nov 2012 09:52:44 5,057 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reminds me of my flatmate who was always chatting on his mobile phone in the shower then wondered why it stopped working. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Gregolution 6 Nov 2012 14:37:42 3,171 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    You took your Vita in the bath? Braver man than I.
    It was a test run but I think it might become the norm.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last