• Deckard1 22 Apr 2013 14:15:24 27,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok but they're all out of stock.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Apr 2013 14:51:23 37,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Br0ken_Engli5h wrote:
    There's quite a few other things that niggle me about the game, but I won't piss up the thread with them.
    Well seems like this is the perfect place for it. Seeing as how this is a thread to discuss the game. :-)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Br0ken_Engli5h 22 Apr 2013 15:19:20 1,190 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MrTomFTW

I know, I know, but whinging on message boards is a pet hate of mine. People whining and comparing a game's mechanics to either X or Y should be met with a curt "well, go and fucking play X or Y instead, then" and so I won't be a hypocrite.
    The Halo 4 thread is already AIDS for the eyes because of it.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 15:26:44 58,885 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im actually kind of on the fence about this, so my bank balance would like to hear your opinions.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Frogofdoom 22 Apr 2013 15:38:04 871 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    posted in another thread yesterday but cex have the pads for 12 a pop. 2nd hand but you get a years warranty with it.

Was having loads of trouble trying to find some for the 360 so opted on getting some there as the noise of my hori stick does my head in :D

Ares is pretty awesome for dealing with machine gun spam as you can just teleport behind them and uppercut them every time they try it. Really liking killer frost as well she is a top character from what i have used of her.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 22 Apr 2013 16:18:52 1,190 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun

Well, I've only had it for the weekend and so you can take my opinion with a pinch of salt. I've probably only barely scratched the surface really, but I didn't have a great desire to try learning it.

Firstly I dislike the supers being activated with just a button press. It's even easier than SF4 to mash out during block-stun on the off chance that your opponent's block string isn't watertight (which can happen a lot when it decides to start dropping inputs).

Which leads me to:

The supers being far too long. They're great the first 3 or 4 times you see them, but along with the stage break wotsits they really play with the pace of the match. After a while they'll make you piss magma when someone catches you with a lucky one.

The lobbed environmental objects being unblockable is a royal pain in the arse. It throws in aspects of having to control parts of the screen to your advantage, which adds a bit of depth, but they're hard to avoid (especially when there's input lag) and take a load of health.

The stages also feel fucking huge and make it easy for someone to play keep away. A lot of the characters have that MK-style high, but short jump arc, making it slow to cover distance.

It's just a bit clunky and gimmicky and I'm not a huge fan of the characters. I don't want to incur the wrath of DC fanboys, but they're just a bit characterless. What the fuck is going on with Wonderwoman's win pose too.

There, I'm a hypocrite and a whiner. Happy now? :D
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 22 Apr 2013 16:20:06 1,190 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ...Oh, and Deathstroke is a massive twat too.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 16:25:46 58,885 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yay! Thatll do for me and pretty much confirms my demo impressions.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• heavy_salad 22 Apr 2013 19:58:48 716 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm always so rubbish at fighting games. Can never get the timing right to do any combos, but I never really know if I'm pressing the buttons to fast or too slow.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Apr 2013 21:23:09 37,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hah, I just made someone rage quit! Sadly no angry message for me :(

• kentmonkey 24 Apr 2013 21:32:35 20,450 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Had this through to review. Only got it yesterday, but finished story mode in about four hours max (no idea how the EG reviewer spent seven hours completing that to be honest) and dabbled with Battle mode and STARS. No online, as they didn't send a code, but thankfully a mate has it and I'm nipping round there tomorrow evening to have a bash online of his.

So far...interesting, enjoyable and accessible, but a little unbalanced I find. And, once the novelty has worn off...dare I say it...a little bland.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Apr 2013 21:35:23 37,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Errr... There's no online pass matey.

• kentmonkey 24 Apr 2013 21:42:13 20,450 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Eh, what? Brilliant. I assumed there was, as there was a 'DLC' type 'enter code' nonsense when I went into one of the options. Perhaps that was for a season pass or something.

Great, on that now.

One quick question if you've played the story mode...

Why, when you're "good Supes", do you just shoot cars being tossed at you out of the sky, presumably with passengers in as they're driving past at the time, rather than try to save the people inside them?
  • StrayBezza 24 Apr 2013 21:45:32 202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is this worth buying?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Apr 2013 21:48:53 37,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Eh, what? Brilliant. I assumed there was, as there was a 'DLC' type 'enter code' nonsense when I went into one of the options. Perhaps that was for a season pass or something.

Great, on that now.

Why, when you're "good Supes", do you just shoot cars being tossed at you out of the sky, presumably with passengers in as they're driving past at the time, rather than try to save the people inside them?
    There's a season pass and some pre-order costune gubbins. Nothing to get excited by.

Also, shhhhhhhh... Don't try to think about that too much :)

• kentmonkey 24 Apr 2013 21:53:02 20,450 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:

Great, on that now.

There's a season pass and some pre-order costune gubbins. Nothing to get excited by.

Also, shhhhhhhh... Don't try to think about that too much :)
    But it really irritated me.

It.

Just.

Gah, okay then, I'll let it slide, just this once! :o)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 28 Apr 2013 21:56:35 37,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I've been playing KOTH and Survivor player matches a lot and decided to dip into Ranked...

What a mistake. For some reason the input lag on these is unbearable. Like wading through treacle. And everyone is on like 100+ victories, way above my practice level. I've been hammered from pillar to post tonight :(

• bovril 1 May 2013 18:57:34 128 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I'm pretty awful at this but for some reason am still playing, for easy wins add b0vril on Xbox!
  • kentmonkey 1 May 2013 20:05:30 20,450 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Review's up

I actually wrote it last week, but it's taken a while to get published. I had a tight window to write it in so it's not my best piece of edited work, but hopefully it'll help confirm for anyone sitting on the fence whether it's for them or not.
  • Restart 4 May 2013 22:26:34 4,706 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really, really want to play this game online. But after multiple attempts at both trying to get matches, and playing matches, I have come to the realisation that just like Mortal Kombat, this game's net code sucks balls. I get constantly put together with people who show only a one or two bar connection, making it impossible to even put together a simple 3 button combo, let alone anything more complicated.

I fear this shall soon be put alongside Mortal Kombat, never to be played again. :(
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 5 May 2013 12:20:55 1,190 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I didn't have great experiences with the netcode. It was alright on about 50% of the matches.
    CEX will give you 36 trade on 32 cash for this at the moment, which is more than the 30 they gave me a couple of weeks ago.

I'll be buying Persona 4 Arena on Friday. I don't think it'll have a massive following, but Arc Sys have a decent track record with netcode, and it looks too nice to resist picking up.
  • Deleted user 5 May 2013 12:25:35
    @Br0ken_Engli5h

Persona 4 is light years ahead of this, gimmick fighter.

Persona 4 is a proper fighter designed by a team that know what they are doing.

If you like BlazBlue you will love Persona 4 arena.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 5 May 2013 12:35:26 1,190 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers, mate, I'm sold on it already just by watching match vids. Everything about it looks really solid.
    It's just a shame we've had to wait so long for a Euro release again, as with BB.
  • Deleted user 5 May 2013 12:39:11
    @Br0ken_Engli5h

I've had it on import from day one and apart from a small roster of characters it really is something very special.
  • FightingMongoose 21 May 2013 09:28:43 496 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Patch notes are out for today's compatibility update.

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes
  • bad09 9 Jul 2013 23:51:13 5,643 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Amazon France are at it again, leaked a GOTY of this one for all platforms in November including a version for PC and VITA

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/injustice-gods-among-us-game-of-the-year-edition-listed-for-the-pc/

Edited by bad09 at 23:51:37 09-07-2013
  • FightingMongoose 15 Jul 2013 12:28:06 496 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Martian Manhunter has been announced as the fifth character. Not included in the season pass, but the gameplay trailer looks excellent. Dude is powerful!
  • Restart 15 Jul 2013 14:39:05 4,706 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He looks like he plays similar to Superman, again. They might as well just redesign the game so that everyone plays like Superman. Or just delete all characters other than Superman, as going by Evo he seemed to be the only character most people played anyway since he's so overpowered.
  • MothFlesh 28 May 2014 11:39:26 254 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    BUMP

This is down to 12.79 or 14.99 in the playstaion store today for PS4 or 7.50 for the PS3 in case anyone is still interested.
  • the_dudefather 28 May 2014 11:42:11 9,204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pretty good price!

Will have to see if I can get some more online games in, quite like playing Deathstroke

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Page

of 6 First / Last