ebay query about comments

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • freddymercurystwin 29 May 2012 13:49:23 424 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought some Kids Kickers boots sold as brand new in the box, they arrived, looked brand new but the box said grade B, I guessed it was cosmetic issue i couldn't spot and accepted them (although did mention the grade B in my positive feedback). One of said boots (3 months on) has started to split between the boot and sole. ebay cannot help its beyond the time limit. I have emailed the seller but get no reply. I can (and will) just glue them back together and truth betold he will grow out of them in a few months anyway but I was hoping to sell them on ebay which seeing as I'm such an honest bloke will not be prepared to do now (although I probably will and draw attention to the split so may well restrict their selling price), anyway I need to avenge them and i think the only thing I can do is leave a comment, can they respond to my comment? Can I then respond to theirs? I need avengance!
  • ram 29 May 2012 14:01:43 3,476 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not really the sellers fault the shoes split 3 months later, it sounds like a manufacturing problem. You accepted them 3 months ago, you can't complain now.
  • ManicDrunkMonk 29 May 2012 14:02:19 511 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where do you intend to leave this "comment"?
  • mal 29 May 2012 14:22:14 22,419 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ram wrote:
    It's not really the sellers fault the shoes split 3 months later, it sounds like a manufacturing problem. You accepted them 3 months ago, you can't complain now.
    That's not how the Sale of Goods act works, assuming both the seller and freddymercurystwin are in the UK. I'd be surprised if anyone could be arsed to follow through trying to threaten that for some tat you bought off ebay, but this is the UK so you never know.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• freddymercurystwin 29 May 2012 14:26:28 424 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been buying and selling used and new Kickers for a year or two, none of the others have splits, you can make a comment in the feedback section.
  • boo 29 May 2012 15:07:31 11,735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You want vengeance, as it's for yourself.

You can only 'avenge' a third party, i.e. you will avenge your dead brother after the scoundrel, Lord Follytropp, killed him in a duel after a dubious game of cards.

But cool story, bro.

Edited by boo at 15:08:45 29-05-2012

Just Another Lego Blog

• warlockuk 29 May 2012 15:14:31 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does the sale of goods act apply to crap like eBay?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next