I need to replace the superhub

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • sir_smooch 26 May 2012 21:58:54 34 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Basically i have virgin media and my gaming with the superhub plus wireless connectivity is dire. So i was just wondering if anyone here could recommend a decent gaming router that has a decent Qos but won't break the bank. i have looked at so many but the reviews are always so hit and miss for the typical brands belkin and netgear and such. i have about 50 to spend
  • Dragul 26 May 2012 22:17:06 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Try the linksys, several models are sort of cheap and quite good... The entry level start around that price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-E1200-UK-E1200-Wireless-N-Router/dp/B005PMBUPW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338066993&sr=8-1

I tried it and liked it!
  • Trowel 26 May 2012 22:34:22 17,910 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seconded for Linksys. I have an old wrt54g as the router with the superhub in modem mode and it works perfectly.

Whatever you do, avoid Belkin.
  • Gland 26 May 2012 22:46:16 78,478 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Seconded for Linksys. I have an old wrt54g as the router with the superhub in modem mode and it works perfectly.

Whatever you do, avoid Belkin.
    This is exactly what I do. The superhub is a piece of trash, I'd have personally expected a lot more from a rebadged netgear device personally, but then Netgear have always been overpriced junk in my book.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• sir_smooch 27 May 2012 00:52:43 34 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cheers guys. i don't suppose anyone knows wether the tp link ones are any good do you?? see the problem is i play a lot of modern warfare 3 and since getting virgin media i am hosting all the time especially when someone quits mid game. if im not hosting "usually up untill the end of the current game" it plays fine, kinda like how i think it should. i was using my old linksys wrt54gs v6 but it recently passed away lol and im back to using the shub which is shite. The linksys was cool because it had qos which i could cap uplaod and download a little so i wasn't host all the time. So i would like to get one that could do what my 54gs could but with better range if pos for wireless upstairs. Does the linksys in the link have qos?? i checked the features list but couldn't see it! thanks for the replies
  • Gland 27 May 2012 01:21:53 78,478 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, it does.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• sir_smooch 27 May 2012 20:10:09 34 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Yeah, it does.
    Awesomeness. well then i might have to get myself one of them linksys boxes and maybe even stretch to the e2000 which im guessing would be a little better than the one mentioned? Somebody did link to this oneTL-WR2543ND on the vm website but i don't really know the brand? any thoughts? or i will settle for the linksys :-P

Edited by sir_smooch at 20:49:55 27-05-2012
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next