Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted Page 22

• Page

of 26 First / Last

• asphaltcowboy 27 Nov 2012 19:49:42 5,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What he said. How much you enjoy it depends on your completionist tendencies, number of friends playing it (and how competitive you are) and whether you want to play an incredibly fun, knockabout multiplayer.
  • asphaltcowboy 28 Nov 2012 10:05:05 5,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally found the last jackspot! Can't believe I missed it... just out in the open on an not-insignificant road. Was a Ford Focus though and it was in a proper parking space, so it looked like all the other civvy cars!

This does beg the question however: which car is it that I haven't driven yet (I've been through the milestone menus tons of times and everything listed says it's been driven, but I'm still showing 40/41)!

Now I've just got 3 billboards and 2 security gates to find!
  • kosigan 28 Nov 2012 12:55:00 474 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @asphaltcowboy - did you count that the milestones menus listed all 41 cars?

I've got 2 jackspots to find, 1 security gate and 1 speed camera - I got the last billboard a couple of days ago. It's a bugger finding the last few of anything.
  • asphaltcowboy 28 Nov 2012 13:19:25 5,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @kosigan I didn't, but I figured since I've found all the jackspots now, all the cars should be listed (and if you haven't driven them, they still show up and the "Driven" milestone is not filled).

So confused!
  • kosigan 28 Nov 2012 21:40:00 474 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @asphaltcowboy - that does seem odd, but if you haven't got the Trophy/Achievement for driving all of them, then hopefully you'll get it at some point when you do drive the mystery vehicle. For me, the last one was the BAC Mono.

A little tip for anyone still looking for jackspots that occurred to me this evening: check which cars you have missing locations for, then you'll know which cars you're looking for as you drive around. It may give you an idea of where to look, too, as I don't think the jackspots are close to each other for each car. Just a thought.
  • xxblindmonkeyxx 28 Nov 2012 23:15:50 258 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone on pc add xxblindmonkeyx
  • asphaltcowboy 29 Nov 2012 01:04:19 5,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @kosigan Weirdly, it finally popped this evening after I jumped into the BMW M3... a car I'd already driven for 47 miles! 8)
  • kosigan 29 Nov 2012 08:56:54 474 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @asphaltcowboy - sounds like you might have encountered a little bug there; at least it didn't stop you getting the Trophy/Achievement, it just wasn't as soon as it should have been.
  • brainbird 29 Nov 2012 12:29:15 2,229 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I believe there is the odd recognition problem in Most Wanted every now and then. There was a billboard I crashed three times until the game acknowledged it as discovered.

I also found out that progress you make in multiplayer games does not always (or never?) count towards the general progression in the game. I re-crashed some gates in single player mode I know I've driven through in multiplayer.
  • Tricky 29 Nov 2012 23:35:19 4,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's that you say? Keys To the City? Yeah, thanks - I'll take them.

;-)

Fuck me that took some doing.
  • asphaltcowboy 30 Nov 2012 11:00:30 5,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who's ON tonight? Jeez, I'm looking forward to the weekend!

In other news, I got my capture box working last night. Need to bump the bitrate a bit, but pretty pleased with the results!

• Saucy 30 Nov 2012 11:09:42 2,611 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tricky wrote:

;-)

Glad you finally caught up :)

I must admit to being a bit disapointed with the difficulty level of the single player stuff. I think there was only one event that caused me problems. It never really had me on the edge of my seat as I knew if I made mistakes, it didn't matter, I'd probably get the result anyway!

I'm ON tonight.
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2012 11:11:54 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I shall be ON tonight.
  • Whizzo 30 Nov 2012 11:40:07 43,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    asphaltcowboy wrote:In other news, I got my capture box working last night. Need to bump the bitrate a bit, but pretty pleased with the results!
    Great to see it's working fine! 10Mbit seemed to be about the right sort of balance between quality and file size in MW.

Probably ON tonight, if I can pull myself away from FC3 on the PC.

Edited by Whizzo at 11:40:22 30-11-2012

This space left intentionally blank.

• asphaltcowboy 30 Nov 2012 11:42:32 5,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    asphaltcowboy wrote:In other news, I got my capture box working last night. Need to bump the bitrate a bit, but pretty pleased with the results!
    Great to see it's working fine! 10Mbit seemed to be about the right sort of balance between quality and file size in MW.

Probably ON tonight, if I can pull myself away from FC3 on the PC.
    Yeah, editing and exporting on my netbook isn't the fastest but it works! Will try cranking the bitrate during the inevitable capturing this evening!
  • Whizzo 30 Nov 2012 11:45:12 43,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One thing that's a nice quick and dirty way of editing a large file, my PC has been sluggish to say the least when navigating 2 hour video files (!), is to play it back in VLC then use its record feature. You just press the record button when it's playing what you want to crop, then press it again to stop.

It's editing at its most basic but for snipping a couple of minutes of raw footage it's very simple.

This space left intentionally blank.

• asphaltcowboy 30 Nov 2012 11:49:27 5,143 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Last night I was just using the quick-capture button on the box to capture a few minutes at a time, just to make sure I didn't get a file that was way too big (also my netbook is running low on space - think I need to plug in my portable HDD)
  • Tricky 30 Nov 2012 12:09:21 4,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    Tricky wrote:

;-)

Heh - I remembered reading this thread when I was in China and one of you mentioning some kind of shortcut, so I knew there was something accounting for the 10 seconds difference I was ending up with by going the normal route. Tried a whole bunch of things (mostly involving the construction site towards the end) before accidentally discovering the shortcut you meant.

The single player content is easy though, it's definitely you lot that make this the challenge that it is. I think I restarted 'Keys' at least 40 times last night trying to get it right - bastard game kept putting a car right in front of the shortcut.

Anyway, still sooooooo much left to do - I think I've only actually raced half of the different races so I really need to try out some more cars. I did manage to get my face on nearly all of the billboards around the park last night though.

Edited by Tricky at 12:09:58 30-11-2012
  • brainbird 30 Nov 2012 13:29:34 2,229 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ON!
  • Adamical 4 Dec 2012 11:26:46 314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just got this.

Anyone on Xbox add me: Adamical
  • yupyup 4 Dec 2012 12:09:37 3,682 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rented this over the weekend. Fun, but can anyone explain what was going on during 'The Fugitive' event?

4 cop cars surrounded me before levitating and forming a cube type structure and then exploding - wtf?

Hands Off Our Penises

• griff0x 4 Dec 2012 13:15:39 748 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tricky wrote:
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    Tricky wrote:

;-)

Heh - I remembered reading this thread when I was in China and one of you mentioning some kind of shortcut, so I knew there was something accounting for the 10 seconds difference I was ending up with by going the normal route. Tried a whole bunch of things (mostly involving the construction site towards the end) before accidentally discovering the shortcut you meant.

The single player content is easy though, it's definitely you lot that make this the challenge that it is. I think I restarted 'Keys' at least 40 times last night trying to get it right - bastard game kept putting a car right in front of the shortcut.

Anyway, still sooooooo much left to do - I think I've only actually raced half of the different races so I really need to try out some more cars. I did manage to get my face on nearly all of the billboards around the park last night though.
    think i best log in and attend to this :> got a 49:21 on mates profile, hope its not much lower than this as that was tuff.
  • Adamical 4 Dec 2012 14:44:38 314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, this game's pretty great.

I've been playing it for a good few hours now and I'm still using the Porche 911 Carrera S that you get right at the start. Golded all the races and I'm now just doing the challenge things.
  • Tricky 7 Dec 2012 00:37:41 4,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So I'm working my way towards the all races with all cars achievement. Got to the Fords tonight so I'm getting there slowly. Nice to see that you've been taking some of my billboards Geoff (don't think I haven't been noticing) - I'll get back to those later, once I've done all these fricking cars.
  • Adamical 7 Dec 2012 23:09:01 314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seriously, can I add some of you guys on Live? I'm loving the game but I'd like to see more than just my name on the boards and cameras! Competing with myself isn't quite as fun.
  • Tricky 8 Dec 2012 00:08:36 4,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Adamical no worries - added
  • Adamical 8 Dec 2012 00:22:56 314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Awesome. Thanks, man.
  • Tricky 8 Dec 2012 00:31:46 4,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey - more competition for me :-)
  • Adamical 8 Dec 2012 00:56:03 314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Considering your track record with these sorts of games, I'm not so sure.

That pun was definitely intended.
  • Tricky 8 Dec 2012 08:03:13 4,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah - it's definitely more even this time around. Colly, Geoff, Shamble and griff0x have all been putting in some superb times (and Colly and Geoff have been on a huge billboard spree).
  • Page

of 26 First / Last