Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted Page 21

• Page

of 26 First / Last

• StixxUK 16 Nov 2012 13:30:32 7,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I am enjoying this game but compared to burnout and even hot pursuit, it does feel a bit like they tried their utmost to drain the fun and personality out and make it as grey as possible.
  • asphaltcowboy 16 Nov 2012 13:49:52 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    it does feel a bit like they tried their utmost to drain the fun and personality out and make it as grey as possible.
    Nonsense.
  • asphaltcowboy 16 Nov 2012 13:52:35 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    GT: asphaltOnline

EDIT: Are you really good at billboard smashing btw? Don't make me regret adding you! ;P
    I was just thinking the same thing! If you've bettered my 350m leap off one of the hoops you'll be getting an insta-delete. That took ages.
    I might have. I know I definitely beat Shambles. It'll be close!

Edited by asphaltcowboy at 13:52:47 16-11-2012
  • Tricky 16 Nov 2012 16:23:08 4,479 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    GT: asphaltOnline

EDIT: Are you really good at billboard smashing btw? Don't make me regret adding you! ;P
    I was just thinking the same thing! If you've bettered my 350m leap off one of the hoops you'll be getting an insta-delete. That took ages.
    You've found the secret flying car then? o_O

Yeah, I think it will be a while before I get competitive with this one - I'm going to spend my time finding all the cars first and then go about getting them upgraded. I think I've only got a few left to find at the moment so should hopefully have them all by end of play tonight (minus the Most Wanted ones, of course).

By the way, Collymilad, you have far, far too much spare time on your hands to have racked up that much playtime since the game's been out.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 17:35:22
    Jesus the lack of motivation and purpose in this game is shocking, I mean the cars are great, the city looks great, but there's really fuck all to do.

It's like being stuck in a level from Mario Galaxy with no bosses, coins or any way for it to end.
  • shamblemonkee 16 Nov 2012 18:23:43 14,601 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    you need some friends to beat
  • Maturin 16 Nov 2012 18:25:34 3,156 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    Jesus the lack of motivation and purpose in this game is shocking, I mean the cars are great, the city looks great, but there's really fuck all to do.

It's like being stuck in a level from Mario Galaxy with no bosses, coins or any way for it to end.
    I agree. It feels like a great (actually given the PC stutters not so great) tech demo or early version - just waiting for the gameplay content to be added.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 18:36:55
    Maturin wrote:
    just waiting for the gameplay content to be added.
    DLC no doubt.
  • asphaltcowboy 16 Nov 2012 18:39:34 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    you need some friends to beat
    This. And compared to HP and Paradise, I find this city WAY more fun to just drive around in. Not sure why, but I quite like just driving around, doing some events to upgrade the car, then do some milestones, then billboards, hunting for more gates and cars... I find completing the events for all the cars and doing their milestones pretty compelling.

Also, get some friends.
  • Tricky 16 Nov 2012 19:07:59 4,479 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep nicely summed up by asphalt there. If none of that does it for you then I'd give up now if I were you.
  • Whizzo 17 Nov 2012 00:51:00 43,275 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Three minutes of insanity from tonight's MP session.

This space left intentionally blank.

• asphaltcowboy 17 Nov 2012 03:35:46 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hehe, nice!
  • neilqpr 17 Nov 2012 13:07:14 2,863 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First proper sustained MP session with EGers and it lived up to my expectations. I've enjoyed the SP a lot, but the MP will keep me busy for a long long time.
  • asphaltcowboy 17 Nov 2012 16:20:33 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    First proper sustained MP session with EGers and it lived up to my expectations. I've enjoyed the SP a lot, but the MP will keep me busy for a long long time.
    Woo! The Burnout Crew are back! :D
  • Agent_Llama 17 Nov 2012 20:04:19 3,379 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have played more of this on Vita than 360. Enjoying it but something's not hooking me in like it did with Burnout Paradise.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• L_Franko Moderator 18 Nov 2012 20:35:55 9,697 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great vid Whizzo :D
  • kosigan 21 Nov 2012 13:16:43 474 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If anyone's on PS3 and wants to add me, my PSN ID is kosigan. Mention EG in the request. I've done the 10 Most Wanted races, though I plan on doing all races in all cars... eventually. :)
  • Angry_Man_Dan 21 Nov 2012 13:24:41 193 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kosigan wrote:
    If anyone's on PS3 and wants to add me, my PSN ID is kosigan. Mention EG in the request. I've done the 10 Most Wanted races, though I plan on doing all races in all cars... eventually. :)
    Tried adding you mate, your privacy settings put the kibosh on that one! Probably easier if you add me instead

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan
    Live - AngryManDanHD

• kosigan 21 Nov 2012 13:50:56 474 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Angry_Man_Dan - my privacy settings? I'll have to find and check those when I get home.
  • kosigan 27 Nov 2012 09:05:32 474 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not sure what's seen as a good Ambush time. Has anyone got better than 28 seconds? I got that on the "Double Parked" event.
  • Tricky 27 Nov 2012 12:47:19 4,479 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Right, after a few days break to complete Halo, I'm getting there now with a couple of the cars and starting to steal some of the top spots on the races (and billboard jumps - check around the lighthouse). Still got tonnes of events to discover though so I need to start using more of the cars I guess.

Definitely feels like this one has even more legs on it than Hot Pursuit did as I feel like I've only just scratched the surface so far.
  • Pinky_Floyd 27 Nov 2012 14:10:51 8,268 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    after easily completing the 10 most wanted, i don't feel like grinding out all the races for shitty cars now.

badly designed.
    Yeah.  In essence the game had a 6 hour lifespan for me and was a major disappointment when the "is that it?" moment arrived.
  • Adamical 27 Nov 2012 14:17:57 314 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm getting crazy mixed opinions from people on here. I was a big fan of Hot Pursuit and was thinking of picking this up soon, but I don't know if I'm in for a good time or wasting my money.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 27 Nov 2012 14:21:35 26,366 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not a patch on Hot Pursuit for me. Lacked content, soul and a lot of general excitement. Big fat disappointment that got traded rather quickly.
  • asphaltcowboy 27 Nov 2012 14:37:12 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm still really enjoying it. Working my way through the various cars whilst trying to hunt down those last few billboards and security gates. Think the singleplayer is better than Burnout Paradise and in Hot Pursuit (especially the Freedrive). Multiplayer isn't quite up to Paradise levels of awesomeness, but has much more longevity than HP.
  • Murbs 27 Nov 2012 14:56:25 22,525 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are there many people left playing Hot Pursuit online?
  • asphaltcowboy 27 Nov 2012 14:59:02 5,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Are there many people left playing Hot Pursuit online?
    The odd one or two. Takes an age to find a game because of the stupid way they divide the lobby searches into each category of car (exotic, super, hyper etc.).
  • Murbs 27 Nov 2012 15:02:05 22,525 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Playing Horizon has made me appreciate arcade racers all over again, and given how I have a ton of MSP I was half tempted to pick it up from GoD. If it's a bit dead online I'll probably leave it.
  • Tricky 27 Nov 2012 15:59:06 4,479 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I guess it depends on what your preference is. If you're into actual live multiplayer vs. racing then I'd leave Hot Pursuit due to its relative quietness these days. If you're like me and can never seem to get online when everyone else is, then Autolog at least gives you something more than just the built in race targets of the single player.

I guess that's also what differentiates those dropping Most Wanted so quickly from those sticking with it - for me the game won't be over when I've beaten the top car; it'll be when I've done my best to get to the top of every leaderboard, be it race, billboard or speed camera :-)
  • Page

of 26 First / Last