Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted Page 13

• Page

of 26 First / Last

• alasdairm 5 Nov 2012 09:16:24 155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone else having difficulty hearing the speech in the 360 version?

Using 5.1 surround sound and the speech is barely audible & annoyingly there is no volume control for it in the audio options

Also the options screen with the audio & video settings is very stuttery when i switch to it

Sad that it looks like they have dropped the time limited point to point checkpoint races from the original

Edited by alasdairm at 09:18:44 05-11-2012
  • griff0x 5 Nov 2012 09:30:19 728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    You all just suck. ;)
    @shamblemonkee, think you will find most of your times have been destroyed too :>
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 09:32:37 14,485 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not really - avg speed is just an alternative way of showing time taken. Maybe not as dramatic i'll grant you.

voices are clear for me - it's the music that always seems like it's coming from miles away for me; xbox - component cable, tv speakers.
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 09:33:40 14,485 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @griff0x ha, a good excuse to get back on it. i saw a lot of autolog recommendations for you yesterday but i concentrated on Starchilds and asphalt's times and some billboards and speed cameras yesterday.

expect some love back xoxox :)

Edited by shamblemonkee at 09:35:36 05-11-2012
  • Whizzo 5 Nov 2012 09:36:59 43,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A couple of examples of the batshit insanity of the game, strangely I had to really up the bit rate on the captures because MW seems to be a really visually noisy game and doing it at the default 4Mbit setting of the software made it terrible.

This space left intentionally blank.

• asphaltcowboy 5 Nov 2012 09:46:51 5,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    ...but i concentrated on Starchilds and asphalt's times and some billboards and speed cameras yesterday...
    How very dare you!

Well, don't know what the rest of you are talking about, it's amazing. Quality MP session on Friday night and played loads of it on Saturday and Sunday. Properly loving it. The extremely OCD part of my brain also loves it. And hates it. I am going to be putting many, many hours into this :D

Biggest gripes for me are: The Most Wanted races come along too quickly. Within about 9 hours I had already unlocked MW #1. Felt they should be spaced out further to give them more importance. As it is, I've only done 5 MW events and have a load queued up that I'll get to when I fancy a change from regular racing/bombing about.

Other gripe is the civilian cars. Love the fact they drive at highway speeds on the highway and are a little more pedestrian elsewhere, that's handled better than Paradise. Less so when it comes to their intelligence - maybe it's just my imagination but they seem to be more stupid than in Paradise? They don't slow down or swerve when they see you coming head-on at 200mph... I think they should - would certainly making chasing other people a lot more dangerous/exciting!

Oh and the Audi R8 GT Spyder is amazing.
  • Whizzo 5 Nov 2012 09:53:35 43,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah the R8 is very nice although even fully upgraded it took me a fucking age to finally kill the Bugatti Veyron when I needed to. He seemed a lot quicker after the Most Wanted race (which I did first go) than during it, I think I spent 15-20 minutes playing cat and mouse with the bastard and I ended up switching to my GT40 which I've set up as a car killer to knock civvie traffic out of the way.

Edited by Whizzo at 09:55:04 05-11-2012

• shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 10:10:08 14,485 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah agreed on the most wanted races coming up way to fast, i've only got the #1 spot left to nab now.

Liking that the autolog events coerced me into maxing out cars i had otherwise discarded - have a fully upgraded aston and 911 carrera now due to rivals challenges :p
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Nov 2012 10:13:04 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This really is a huge amount of fun. The EG session on Friday night was brilliant, I can't wait for the next Friday session.

I really need to put some time into beating all my friends on Autolog tonight because I noticed quite a list building up. I did beat one or two earlier in the weekend but I am pretty sure those times were beaten back shortly after.
    Also want to try and find a few more cars tonight.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Nov 2012 10:21:58 26,143 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    i saw a lot of autolog recommendations for you yesterday but i concentrated on Starchilds and asphalt's times and some billboards and speed cameras yesterday.
    Dammit, I was hoping you might not notice! :)
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 10:39:53 14,485 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes You might have got away wth it but every time i went in to Autolog - there it was;

Starchild - keys to the city
    Starchild - some other race in a Porsche
    Starchild - some other race in a Porsche

:D
  • christourlord 5 Nov 2012 10:42:44 2,498 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does the 360 version disconnect from Autolog every 10 minutes and kick you out of multiplayer games?
  • mikew1985 5 Nov 2012 10:50:10 12,890 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was having intermittant issues with autolog on Friday, had none when I played on saturday morning or when in the MP on Friday night.

I didn't get a single chance to play yesterday at all so not sure how it's going at the moment.
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 10:51:41 14,485 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    i had some autolog drops during sunday afternoon.
  • mikew1985 5 Nov 2012 10:55:50 12,890 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't wait to get back and start challenging a few times. hopefully.

I couldn't really get my head around the MP scoring though, I was challenging in all of the events but by the time it came to scoring I was consistently bottom of the pack.

I think I finished bottom overall every single time :D

Great fun regardless but can anyone enlighten me as to where the thousands of extra points were coming from for some of you? I wasn't doing many takedowns so maybe thats it?
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2012 11:28:10 14,980 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have I got any feckin score higher thean you lovely slags :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• asphaltcowboy 5 Nov 2012 11:42:35 5,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I want to be playing this right now.
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Nov 2012 11:49:15 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Me too!
  • asphaltcowboy 5 Nov 2012 12:07:24 5,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Btw to the people having trouble with evading - if you manage to break the radar/line of sight from the cops and get some space: Find a nice, quite back alley or factory to sit in, come to a stop and click the left stick in. Your engine will switch off and your cooldown will RAPIDLY speed up.

Obviously if they find you again, it takes a second to start the car and start moving but your heat level should be well down from how it was prior to hiding.
  • christourlord 5 Nov 2012 12:08:14 2,498 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    click the left stick in. Your engine will switch off
    O RLY?
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Nov 2012 12:14:35 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    Btw to the people having trouble with evading - if you manage to break the radar/line of sight from the cops and get some space: Find a nice, quite back alley or factory to sit in, come to a stop and click the left stick in. Your engine will switch off and your cooldown will RAPIDLY speed up.

That is great advice, thank you kindly.
  • griff0x 5 Nov 2012 12:17:38 728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    whats the MP like asphalt? played with 2 of us but was oh so meh. it alot better with full lobby?

need more times to be beat in autolog if anyone else thinks they have fast times/are quick.

gt: Griff0x
  • asphaltcowboy 5 Nov 2012 12:23:08 5,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    griff0x wrote:
    whats the MP like asphalt? played with 2 of us but was oh so meh. it alot better with full lobby?
    It was amazing on Friday, like the best sessions of Burnout Paradise back in the day. Won't suggest my times are amazing, but I shall add you for Autolog and MP funtimes!

@christourlord and L_Franko - no worries, I stumbled over it whilst I was having a browse of the manual. We can re-post it at the top of the next page as well if you like.

Edited by asphaltcowboy at 12:30:11 05-11-2012
  • brokenkey 5 Nov 2012 13:08:10 7,089 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    asphaltcowboy wrote:

Obviously if they find you again, it takes a second to start the car and start moving but your heat level should be well down from how it was prior to hiding.
    Left stick turns the engine off? I wondered why there was a kinect command for turning the engine on..

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 13:13:21 14,485 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    don't add griffox he's like a rabid yorkshire terrier - constantly going after your times :D
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 13:14:30 14,485 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @brokenkey bloodyhell! this will help me bust some of those pursuit evade times :D
  • Whizzo 5 Nov 2012 13:22:51 43,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I didn't know about the ignition thing either, could be useful.

I really must get around to trying the Kinect controls, I've got one but normally have it turned off but being able to customise on the fly without crashing would be handy.

Edited by Whizzo at 13:23:02 05-11-2012

• griff0x 5 Nov 2012 13:48:59 728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    not sure on the ambush races though, have set one low time and then just passed the others to get them out the way. the races do flow very well though in typical Criterion fashion. Couldnt put it down yesterday and got locked into "just 1 more try" mode.

Anyone tried the Tesla yet?
    What engine noise?, quite off putting :>
  • Pinky_Floyd 5 Nov 2012 13:50:32 8,040 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can I get added to a few PC autologs? None of my old hot pursuit friends seem to have picked this up :( :(

Pinky_Floyd_UK

Ta!
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 14:08:19
    Doesn't the other lad with two 680s own it :D
  • Page

of 26 First / Last