Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted Page 12

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• christourlord 3 Nov 2012 15:12:50 2,495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I might already have you on my list, Bill, but if not add me too! I'm fishmitten on Origin.
  • Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2012 19:29:55 6,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd_UK on origin if anyone needs some extra friends on their list.
  • GeezaTap 3 Nov 2012 20:13:32 289 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loving the trippy race intro vids. Yet to really love the gameplay though.

psn - mjg224 if you want easy autolog points etc.
  • hobbesthetiger 3 Nov 2012 20:50:45 52 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Enjoying it so far, found it pretty entertaining.

I already have a few of you as friends and have added a couple more via autolog recommendations this evening (cheery wave to those guys!), but given the big social element would love to have more friends playing this so feel free to add me. *

*Insert obligatory derogatory or boastful comment about my abilities here.

GT: Chimpmaster3000
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Nov 2012 21:41:53 13,814 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not happy about having to chase down and smash up cars after I heave beaten them...poxy Shelby took me a fuckin age to break. I also got to lvl 6 cop wanted level and lost them all but no cheveo popped...not a massive deal, but after managing to lose them it was an achievement ;)

It is a fun game though and the cars handle lovely for the most part.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2012 22:00:53 6,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    I'm not happy about having to chase down and smash up cars after I heave beaten them...poxy Shelby took me a fuckin age to break. I also got to lvl 6 cop wanted level and lost them all but no cheveo popped...not a massive deal, but after managing to lose them it was an achievement ;)

It is a fun game though and the cars handle lovely for the most part.
    You can take them out during the race but it doesn't earn you the car.  You still have to play smash em up after you win the race to get it.

My current squeeze is the Ford GT.
  • DuvaDan88 3 Nov 2012 22:06:33 520 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got to level 5 and couldn't shake those bloody cops every time I got into cool down mode I hide off road so I was out of sight some how they still knew where I was even tho I couldn't see a cop anywhere... I just gave up in the end and let them catch me so I could carry on racing.

hobbesthetiger I'll add you when I'm on the box next

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2012 22:14:07 6,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah for some reason hiding doesn't seem to work.
  • Pazie 3 Nov 2012 22:26:20 196 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Doesn't sound as good as the first Most Wanted. Cops were easy to lose in that game. I have a funny feeling the cops in this game will be the only thing that spoils the game for me.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Nov 2012 22:28:20 13,814 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Yeah for some reason hiding doesn't seem to work.
    To be fair I managed to go from lvl 5-2 while hiding in the large concrete pipes, but it is still very hit and miss.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• DuvaDan88 3 Nov 2012 22:54:30 520 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You were lucky then Duffman I was well above everyone and still fond I hope this doesn't ruin the game if I just have to give up every time I get in a pursuit so I can carry on playing the game then whats the point of having these hard a nails cops

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• Pinky_Floyd 3 Nov 2012 23:22:35 6,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pazie wrote:
    Doesn't sound as good as the first Most Wanted. Cops were easy to lose in that game. I have a funny feeling the cops in this game will be the only thing that spoils the game for me.
    Its really nothing like most wanted, or doesn't feel anything like it to me.  Its like Burnout Paradise, though I like this one better.

don't get me wrong, I really wish it WAS more like most wanted. 
  • christourlord 3 Nov 2012 23:30:46 2,495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's kind of a shame there's no real sense of progression in the single player game. I happened upon the SLS AMG really early on and nothing I've found since has been anywhere near as good. Bit of an anticlimax every time I unlock a new car now.
  • Pinky_Floyd 4 Nov 2012 08:36:15 6,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    christourlord wrote:
    It's kind of a shame there's no real sense of progression in the single player game. I happened upon the SLS AMG really early on and nothing I've found since has been anywhere near as good. Bit of an anticlimax every time I unlock a new car now.
    You get that car quite early anyway as I think it's the 3rd most wanted car you unlock. Seems weird that it's a most wanted car you have to shut down to find but you can also find it sitting at the side of the road :D

I found it too, after shutting down the most wanted driver.

The next one, the lexus, is even better.
  • monkehhh 4 Nov 2012 09:17:39 3,135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Lexus is pretty tasty, just took down the Aventador with it :)

For all its issues - they all melt away when you're blasting through tunnels in a Veyron.

Edited by monkehhh at 10:27:22 04-11-2012
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Nov 2012 15:46:16 24,576 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm, first impressions aren't exactly great. The handling is very twitchy and seems to be a lot less drifty than HP. The frame rate on 360 is also very iffy and seems to freeze for a second or two every now and then.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Nov 2012 15:48:01 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Going to reinstall this on my laptop to see if the digital foundry article is right about the shadows.
  • shamblemonkee 4 Nov 2012 16:05:08 14,041 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You all just suck. ;)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Nov 2012 16:35:11 24,576 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And now it's crashed.

Pah. Who needs quality control anyway.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Nov 2012 16:40:11 24,576 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And what the [I]FUCK[/I] is this Baba O'Riley remix that keeps assaulting me?

Edited by StarchildHypocrethes at 16:42:09 04-11-2012
  • neilqpr 4 Nov 2012 16:53:55 2,797 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    And what the [I]FUCK[/I] is this Baba O'Riley remix that keeps assaulting me?
    This. It's a fucking abomination.
  • richardiox 4 Nov 2012 17:14:56 5,421 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find it incredible that Burnout Paradise came out over 5 years ago and was rock solid 60fps, streamed city, 720P.

Five years on and Criterion turn in a game that struggles to hold 30fps and is sub HD.

This is a company with a great history of producing their own middleware and turning in technical masterpieces. Funny how now they're owned by EA they are churning out racing games on Frostbyte 2 which clearly is a total mid-match for high speed open world racing. I'm sure going with Frostbyte wouldn't have been their decision.

I hear people are struggling to get a solid 60fps even on high end PCs.

A total step backwards for the company. Wish they were still under their own control so we could play Burnout Paradise 2 (this) with actual smooth, decent performance.
  • Pinky_Floyd 4 Nov 2012 17:22:22 6,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have a couple of friends playing this on origin but have yet to see anything come up on autolog like it used to do with hot pursuit which was always challenging me with stuff my friends were up to.
  • Derblington 4 Nov 2012 17:38:51 20,974 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    This is a company with a great history of producing their own middleware and turning in technical masterpieces. Funny how now they're owned by EA they are churning out racing games on Frostbyte 2 which clearly is a total mid-match for high speed open world racing. I'm sure going with Frostbyte wouldn't have been their decision.
    Yeah, EA have ruined them and they're being forced to compromise on their vision.

Except Most Wanted isn't Frostbite, it's Criterion's own tech.
  • Mike1980 4 Nov 2012 17:45:53 241 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MikeW1980UK on PSN.

I'm loving this, but is anyone having problems with Autolog. Most of the time I'm having to manually reconnect.
  • richardiox 4 Nov 2012 17:48:41 5,421 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    Yeah, EA have ruined them and they're being forced to compromise on their vision.

Sure I read someone saying it was running FB2. Obviously not. My point about regression remains though - their last open world racer was 60fps/720p so I'm disappointed that this isn't - especially as they have five years more experience with the hardware.
  • Pinky_Floyd 4 Nov 2012 19:48:50 6,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

Sure I read someone saying it was running FB2. Obviously not. My point about regression remains though - their last open world racer was 60fps/720p so I'm disappointed that this isn't - especially as they have five years more experience with the hardware.
    To be fair, I can stick geometry on low, shadows off etc and hit a constant 60 fps at 1080p and the game still looks far better than burnout paradise.

Its just hella poor optimised on the higher settings.   
  • monkehhh 4 Nov 2012 22:44:19 3,135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Unlocked the final Most Wanted race at 1,000,000 SP - got 50,000 from a half-hour pursuit that went up to level 6 and back down to evaded :)
  • Whizzo 4 Nov 2012 23:10:56 42,767 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Absolutely loving the game, it's so very different from Horizon that they complement each other quite nicely. It's also batshit insane at times too.

This space left intentionally blank.

• NOSAVIOUR 4 Nov 2012 23:33:24 2,802 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    9 hours down a good 6 in multiplayer. Selling tomorrow. Conclusion - cant stand it. I want to love it but so much irritates me from design decisions to stupid challenges to the map as a whole. Criterion fucked this one up. Back to Horizon.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last