Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted

• Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous
  • Syrette 26 May 2012 11:42:15 43,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/25/need-for-speed-most-wanted-outed-by-e3-schedule?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475552

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

• Is not classified or named as Most Wanted 2; only Most Wanted.
    • BMW M3 is not involved in the promo art.
    • Cops are still in the game.
    • The logo is very clean and nothing being related to the old graffiti style.
    • A trailer will be shown soon.
    • The official website will be open soon.
    • Release date for the game is November.

• Folant 26 May 2012 13:54:44 1,339 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FFS

HP was good, really enjoyed it, but seriously, fuck NFS, make another Burnout.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Derblington 26 May 2012 13:58:56 21,900 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They'll never make more Burnout, it doesn't sell. It's biggest in Europe but they want worldwide success, which NFS provides.

Honestly, as long as they make decent racing games I don't really care about the branding.
  • X201 26 May 2012 14:44:08 15,576 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spacewarrior wrote:
    i'm sick of developers calling their reboots with just the name when there are like 4 or 5 previous games in the series.

for example SSX, SSX tricky, SSX 3 and the SSX 2012 reboot which is just called "SSX" -_-

its only confuses gamers and if they keep doing this there are gonna be loads of games from one series all called the same name.
    Try editing Wikipedia. Every time this happens someone comes along wanting to move the original article because the new game "is the current version" /o\
  • Feanor 26 May 2012 14:57:48 14,180 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spacewarrior wrote:
    i'm sick of developers calling their reboots with just the name when there are like 4 or 5 previous games in the series.

for example SSX, SSX tricky, SSX 3 and the SSX 2012 reboot which is just called "SSX" -_-

its only confuses gamers and if they keep doing this there are gonna be loads of games from one series all called the same name.
    At least with SSX there was a 12 year gap. Seven years between games with exactly the same name is really pushing it.
  • Machetazo 26 May 2012 15:47:10 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago

• Is not classified or named as Most Wanted 2; only Most Wanted.
    They've got some explainin' to do, then! :| There's a name to conjure with, but I'll stick with guarded optimism until they give a showing for this (it's bound to be) during their presser.

...Criterion on MW!? This will need to be seen lol :o

Edited by Machetazo at 15:54:47 26-05-2012
  • dsmx 26 May 2012 16:05:02 7,648 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want helicopters back that drop spike strips and exploding barrels, dodging those in the mclaren f1 at 220-240 mph was the most fun I've had in a driving game.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• TechnoHippy 26 May 2012 16:07:53 14,719 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Most Wanted was my favourite NFS game, a modern version could be good.

As for Burnout, I'd love a hi-def version of 2. That was the pinnacle of the series for me.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• whatthefu 26 May 2012 23:16:14 875 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just wish they released good games more often.
    Burnout paradise and Hot pursuit, thats it in how many years?

Would love to see a new burnout though.
  • waggy79 26 May 2012 23:28:10 1,034 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Burnout Paradise was and still is a stunning game. It's an amazing achievement that they managed that massive city running at 60 fps looking that good. Most wanted wasn't bad but NFS has been milked and The Run surely hasn't helped the brand name.
  • Machetazo 27 May 2012 00:01:22 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd be really keen about there being a new Burnout also, but, as we've seen, they've tried to take Burnout, and break it in to components and try splicing away...Which doesn't result in Burnout.

@TechnoHippy: I really got in to Burnout with Takedown, and I felt that there they got a great mix, there were competitive elements introduced (although, mainly flavour) and the quantity/quality balance was really well struck. But, it's unlikely that replicating that would work as well, today.

I think that they could combine great aspects of that game (such as, the high speed, time element, the need for caution about what you smash AT HIGH SPEED ;) -Why did they alter that rule? Silly decision, that stripped some of the identity of Burnout...It was a part of the game that I really enjoyed :( - and the aggressive AI) with today's racing style. I think that direction still results in a recognisable Burnout. :)

That's more the Burnout that I want to see. I didn't find BP awful at all, it was good at what it did, but it felt like it was missing immediacy, or something. Urgency...That said, the game was a spawning ground for Autolog, so that was beneficial to prove the potential of that concept.

@waggy79: stunning technical achievement: I think there's no question. Criterion delivered big-time with BP. What was great about it, too, was their approach to community, both in how they managed and supported the game after launch...But, also, how they brought the community in to the game and its development. I think they were outstanding, with things like Crash TV \o/ and their complement of diaries, interaction and staff articles.

Edited by Machetazo at 00:10:36 27-05-2012
  • TechnoHippy 27 May 2012 10:55:32 14,719 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The other Burnouts weren't bad games, just not as good. Except for Paradise which was a good game, but lost the Burnout feel. For me Burnout was about learning the tracks and traffic patterns, so you knew that powersliding round that corner at top speed when you where first would drift you between the oncoming traffic. Paradise lost that with the random city traffic.

Edited by TechnoHippy at 11:00:22 27-05-2012

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• StarchildHypocrethes 27 May 2012 11:03:47 26,134 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I did not get on with Burnout Paradise. I thought the open world aspect ruined it really and it was just boooooring.
  • kosigan 27 May 2012 18:19:00 471 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes - I disagree completely; I've played Burnout Paradise to 100% 4 times and I think it's the most fun game I've got. As the old adage says: you can please some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time but all of the people all of the time.
  • freedumb 28 May 2012 19:19:26 1,112 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gotta agree kosigan. Paradise is one of the best arcade driving games I've ever played, open world full of interesting things to do, huge variety, lots of challenges, the amount of fun in that game is worth about 5 games in 1. And thats before all the extra DLC which does add more fun and value.

Hot Pursuit was also tonnes of fun, I'm guessing this will be likewise because Criterion are near/at the top of their game with arcade racers.
  • X201 28 May 2012 19:40:15 15,576 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hated the Paradise demo.
    Bought the game on an off-chance months after release and loved it.
  • Syrette 1 Jun 2012 19:49:21 43,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not that it was ever in doubt, but the existence of this game has been confirmed by EA, with a full reveal at E3 to come.

• MatMan562 1 Jun 2012 20:03:07 2,509 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @spacewarrior I don't understand why you even have any of the "current-gen" consoles, everything you've posted has been negative "it's not like the good old days" kind of post.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to seeing this game, I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit but I hope this one can keep those of us with no friends reason to keep coming back.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• MatMan562 1 Jun 2012 22:00:08 2,509 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nostalgia may be playing a big part in your thinking of that but anyway, we're going off topic now.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Mark1412 2 Jun 2012 19:23:10 557 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yawn. Go marry your Gamecube.

I'd prefer a new Burnout but I'm interested in any racer Criterion are working on.

• waggy79 2 Jun 2012 20:53:35 1,034 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe speak to people as you'd like to be spoken to then? Btw this gen pisses over last gen imo
  • RobTheBuilder 3 Jun 2012 01:25:38 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought a PS2 just to play Burnout 3 after loving the first two games on the Cube. I was disappointed by Paradise though.

Hot Pursuit was fun, but I still wanted a new Burnout instead.

I would pay very good money for an HD version of Burnout 2.

Edited by RobTheBuilder at 01:26:18 03-06-2012
  • Syrette 23 Jun 2012 12:22:48 43,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Er, cool beans, I guess. The two franchises seem to overlap a bit anyway now though.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-23-need-for-speed-under-criterions-control-now

Need for Speed under Criterion's control now

Need for Speed: Most Wanted developer Criterion will be in charge of the entire franchise with the release of its latest title. Criterion vice president Alex Ward told GameInformer that the studio is ready to take the reins.

"Going forward now, with Most Wanted and what we'll do in the future [will have], shall we say, a strong Criterion involvement," Ward said. "I'm personally involved in how the cars drive, how the game will play out, how connected they are, and what the features are."

Criterion jumped on the series with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in 2010, while the series primary developer, EA Black Box, handled last year's Need for Speed: The Run. Need for Speed: Most Wanted is being developed by Criterion again, with a release scheduled for October 30, 2012. When asked if EA's decision to make the series annual was watering down the franchise, he contended that Criterion's stamp would bring NFS into focus.

"Maybe it's been that way in the past, but that's changed this year with what we're doing… Our stamp's going to be in everything you see in Need for Speed and Burnout going forward in the future. It's not going to be spread anymore across different companies. Different studios have had a crack at it - it's definitely a Criterion gig now," he explained.

Currently, the Need for Speed brand covers different game types, including the simulation-based Shift, the online World, the story-based The Run, and Criterion's police-based titles. Ward admits the studio "[thinks] about [Burnout] all the time", but there's no concrete plans for another. Burnout Paradise fans will have to find solace in the open-world Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

Fair play to EA for wanting to "bring NFS into focus", although this doesn't mean that Criterion will personally develop every NFS title in the future, just that they'll be involved to some degree at the very least.

• Machetazo 23 Jun 2012 12:37:29 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's hardly Need for Speed, if it plays heavily like Burnout. :(
    I like NFS, at least as far as Most Wanted (2003), and the idea of this series. (Undercover looked like garbage, Pro Street... (meh.) I never got in to Shift, Hot Pursuit would probably be an either-way: just too much BP influence for my liking). I'm not sure I've any interest in further amalgamation between these two very different styles of game. I want to see Takedown 2! I'm all for more Burnout...just not this peanut-butter and marmalade deal they've got cooking.

@Syrette: a bit more, from the Game Informer article:
    Ward expressed interest in one all-encompassing NFS title. "I think it would be amazing in the future if there was one big game that had all of these [NFS imprints] in it. That would be amazing."
    What do you think of something like that?

Edited by Machetazo at 12:47:18 23-06-2012
  • Page

of 26 First / Last

Previous