Eating at the same time as your partner Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• billythekid 25 May 2012 16:25:42 11,098 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Italians tend to fold their pizza slices when eating them, as does my gf, not for me, amazing how different it tastes.
    I saw this and decided to give it a go, I much prefer it. Can't say it alters the taste though.
  • nickthegun 25 May 2012 16:28:33 59,365 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I fold my pizza (peasant and fancy) as it makes it easier to stuff into my mouth.

True story.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Razz 25 May 2012 16:31:53 61,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Italians tend to fold their pizza slices when eating them, as does my gf, not for me, amazing how different it tastes.
    Me too, I don't use a knife and fork as some have suggested. I really prefer the taste of italian pizza, it's lighter on the stomach, healthier and has more significant flavours. I rarely eat American style cheese blob pizza, only after drinking/smoking will order some high octance cheese choked pizza from Dominoes/Pizza Hut etc... they are tasty in their own way mind but I feel like shit afterwards, Also I grew up in a house full of Italians, so I'm used to their way of doing it.

Doing it... heh.

Edited by Razz at 16:45:54 25-05-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• THFourteen 25 May 2012 16:35:21 33,104 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I saw this and decided to give it a go, I much prefer it. Can't say it alters the taste though.
    doesnt it then mainly taste of bread?

also if you eat it like that why dont you just order a calzone?
  • Armoured_Bear 25 May 2012 16:35:34 10,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Roman or Neapolitan though, that's the question?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Razz 25 May 2012 16:44:57 61,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @THFourteen

Nah, it's the slices not the pizza, italian pizza (or just pizza) tends to have a thinner base than american style so sometimes toppings tend to cause the slice to droop and fall off, it's far less messy to just fold or curl the slice before eating.

• nickthegun 25 May 2012 16:46:57 59,365 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005856/Ristorante-Italys-popular-pizza-manufactured-Lancashire-Dr-Oetker.html

He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 25 May 2012 16:50:26 10,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Even Italy has Frozen Pizza tards.

• Razz 25 May 2012 16:57:02 61,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah exactly, it's like how a lot of people say that Japanese people have really healthy diets as their cuisine is quite healthy only to travel there and found out that most locals eat the same crap we do. :D That was actually quite a shock to me at the time, it was the at the height of my blinkered Japanophilia.

• nickthegun 25 May 2012 17:00:48 59,365 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was genuinely shocked by how disgusting japanese food is. Its amazing how different our tastes are.

He totally called it

• graysonavich 25 May 2012 17:05:59 7,320 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I'd suffer genuine Paris syndrome in Japan. Every aspect of the country and it inhabitants scare the living fuck out of me.
  • coastal 25 May 2012 17:16:48 5,382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    My flat mate, who is also my partner, albeit only in the business sense, insists we eat together as much as possible. I appreciate it; reminds me of home.
    Er? If you flat mate is also your partner then he/she is just your partner. That over rules the mate bit.

And if they are your partner, in your shared home, and it reminds you of home, that's because it is. Look no further.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• mrpon 25 May 2012 17:22:35 28,714 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reading between the lines, there is some cross-dressing going on there I think coastal.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• DodgyPast 25 May 2012 17:28:56 8,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I was genuinely shocked by how disgusting japanese food is. Its amazing how different our tastes are.
    There's an insane dish that's Japanese curry, rice egg and cheese. Slightly reminiscent of Mexican but sweeter rather than spicy. Definitely falls into the tasty in a very wrong way category.

Never had a problem finding stuff I want to eat in a Japanese restaurant. Though most of their food doesn't strike me as that healthy.
  • Armoured_Bear 25 May 2012 18:49:34 10,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @nickthegun

I admire the Japanese, they have managed to earn more michelin stars than the rest of the world put together despite their food being disgusting. Impressive.

• ronuds 25 May 2012 19:34:29 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You have to sometimes - especially when sausage is weighing the slice down.

Not sure how it tastes any different.
  • jonsaan 25 May 2012 19:44:48 25,339 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    69 should solve your problem.

FCUTA!

• monkehhh 25 May 2012 19:46:14 3,291 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like to fold, I think I started doing it after seeing that kid on the Sopranos do it so he could eat quicker. Never looked back.
  • ronuds 25 May 2012 19:53:45 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    I rarely eat American style cheese blob pizza, only after drinking/smoking will order some high octance cheese choked pizza from Dominoes/Pizza Hut etc... they are tasty in their own way mind but I feel like shit afterwards, Also I grew up in a house full of Italians, so I'm used to their way of doing it.

Doing it... heh.
    If Dominoes and Pizza Hut are your idea of what American pizza is like, then you've been bamboozled, sir! Either that, or you're doing the bamboozling! Those places are like the McDonalds of pizza.

Last time I had Dominoes, the cheese was so thick that I began to choke on it. I had to reach down my own throat to pull it out.
  • jonsaan 25 May 2012 20:02:44 25,339 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like Pizza express pizza in this country. Not a lot else.

FCUTA!

• THFourteen 25 May 2012 20:06:38 33,104 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    theres an amazing pizza place in greenwich I recommend. going tomorrow :)

and I find the piccante pizza at zizzis a hundred times better than anything at pizza express

pizza express has its place, I get offers through email all the time!
  • Dirtbox 25 May 2012 20:14:24 77,653 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like to smear my faeces onto a bread crust and serve hot. The Italians and Japanese alike can't get enough of it. Each for different reasons.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• danathjo 25 May 2012 20:24:10 7,310 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I like to smear my faeces onto a bread crust and serve hot. The Italians and Japanese alike can't get enough of it. Each for different reasons.
    Everytime I read 'Sloppy Guiseppy' (sp?) on the pizza spread menu it reminds me of poo

Lovely pizza still
  • Lukey__b 25 May 2012 20:24:35 3,716 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really like cheese on toast as well.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• danathjo 25 May 2012 20:25:38 7,310 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pizza Express not pizza spread, stupid phone!!!
  • gammonbanter 26 May 2012 10:38:22 1,495 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    gammonbanter wrote:
    Agreed. Dirty awesome takeaway much better enjoyed alone. Going out for dinner with the Ms is on the opposite end of the awesome food scale.
    So you don't enjoy going out to a swanky restaurant eating gorgeous grub with the missus, palming the kids off to a relative and stuffing your face with awesome grub and fine wines is a winner.

Then you come home to awesome sex.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
    Sorry for not making myself clear, on the awesome food scale of which I speak - everything is awesome! There are just different ends of it. It should actually be the awesome dinning experience scale, but I'm not sure what would go in the middle.

The best advice I read here was to have my lunch a bit later, so I'm not raiding the fridge before my late dinner.

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• desirous 30 May 2012 04:48:42 85 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Folding pizza is just dirty and wrong.
  • dominalien 30 May 2012 05:43:34 6,848 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    coastal wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    My flat mate, who is also my partner, albeit only in the business sense, insists we eat together as much as possible. I appreciate it; reminds me of home.
    Er? If you flat mate is also your partner then he/she is just your partner. That over rules the mate bit.

And if they are your partner, in your shared home, and it reminds you of home, that's because it is. Look no further.
    Heh.

PSN: DonOsito

• pistol 30 May 2012 12:39:44 13,019 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Much prefer eating on my own. Easier to hide the shame =bigger portions. But I also seem to eat at a snails pace when in public and find myself rushing to catchup = not enjoying it.
    Thought you were trying to lose weight?
  • kinky_mong 30 May 2012 17:10:06 10,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    I rarely eat American style cheese blob pizza, only after drinking/smoking will order some high octance cheese choked pizza from Dominoes/Pizza Hut etc... they are tasty in their own way mind but I feel like shit afterwards, Also I grew up in a house full of Italians, so I'm used to their way of doing it.

Doing it... heh.
    If Dominoes and Pizza Hut are your idea of what American pizza is like, then you've been bamboozled, sir! Either that, or you're doing the bamboozling! Those places are like the McDonalds of pizza.

Last time I had Dominoes, the cheese was so thick that I began to choke on it. I had to reach down my own throat to pull it out.
    Pizza Hut and Dominos really are pretty shit. Horrible greasy crap.

Ever since I discovered Papa John's I haven't looked back.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Page

of 5 First / Last