• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • andytheadequate 27 Jan 2013 17:59:16 8,166 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    So, does anyone actually like this game...? All of the reactions so far seem to be pretty negative
    Got it yesterday... And no I don't
    I tried the demo and didn't like it, didn't even find it funny. I enjoyed pretty much every other double fine game immediately (apart from Iron Brigade, which was incredibly average IMO).
  • Deleted user 28 January 2013 13:13:31
    Wow the demo is very short, enjoyed it though, will buy when 800.
  • aeschylus 28 Jan 2013 18:50:06 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well my 4 year old just completed the Hot Dog section, I dont know whether to be extremly proud or concerned
  • Deleted user 28 January 2013 18:51:09
    Proud. Although my near four year old girls aren't allowed to play computer games but that is a different debate.
  • Flying_Pig 28 Jan 2013 20:03:53 10,980 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played the demo earlier - liked it a lot. Will get.
  • Carlo 28 Jan 2013 21:06:46 18,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought it. Too early for an opinion yet but the WiiU version can't be played on the remote only from what I can tell.

PSN ID: Djini

• aeschylus 28 Jan 2013 23:19:09 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    I bought it. Too early for an opinion yet but the WiiU version can't be played on the remote only from what I can tell.

No it can't they said it would mean re writing the game ffrom th ground up rather than porting it
  • Raiko101 1 Feb 2013 17:26:10 6,295 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quite enjoyed the demo. Has a retro vibe to it. The puzzles remind me of Broken Sword and Monkey Island, but without the need to hover a mouse cursor over everything on screen.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• lucky_jim 17 Mar 2013 06:49:50 5,294 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just noticed that this is temporarily down to a fiver on the Mac App Store. Worth a punt at that price? I think people generally preferred mouse controls to a pad, didn't they?
  • Deleted user 17 March 2013 07:42:43
    I'm waiting for Xbox price drop then getting this for sure.
  • crashVoodoo 24 Mar 2013 14:38:53 3,902 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really love this game.  I picked the knight, twins and time traveller.

there seems to be one logical puzzle in each section that stumps me for a bit.  I turn it off, can't get it out of my head and then suddenly think of a solution and fire it back up.

Really enjoyed the princess and dragon section with the knight

Finally passed the minecart.  Made sense when I thought about it logically and now I'm in an enormous Victorian puzzle mansion house with the twins.

i've almost cracked it but its the final step I think I'm stumped on. 

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• HiddenAway 8 Apr 2013 06:54:28 14,887 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, someone help me out here :p

I've just finished the Hermit's puzzles and got off the island and I'm now back at the museum entrance (somehow). Now I'm being asked to get 3 more items. Am I supposed to be able to choose new characters or do I need to play on with my current characters? Has the game actually finished at that point?

Edited by HiddenAway at 06:55:11 08-04-2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• EMarkM 8 Apr 2013 07:50:53 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know this has been out for a while now, but just got this (free!) yesterday and am enjoying it far, far more than most people seem to have, so please continue in the vein of no spoilers :)

Don't know if the folks who didn't like it are all relatively young gamers; it suits this old gaming couple perfectly!

Currently in funfair...
  • mikeck 8 Apr 2013 08:29:05 1,936 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:

I've just finished the Hermit's puzzles and got off the island and I'm now back at the museum entrance (somehow). Now I'm being asked to get 3 more items. Am I supposed to be able to choose new characters or do I need to play on with my current characters? Has the game actually finished at that point?
    You continue with the same characters.
    You're in the final stretch ;)
  • HiddenAway 8 Apr 2013 13:26:40 14,887 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:

You continue with the same characters.
    You're in the final stretch ;)
    Thank you. I knew you'd be around :)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• crashVoodoo 8 Apr 2013 13:52:13 3,902 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    I know this has been out for a while now, but just got this (free!) yesterday and am enjoying it far, far more than most people seem to have, so please continue in the vein of no spoilers :)

Don't know if the folks who didn't like it are all relatively young gamers; it suits this old gaming couple perfectly!

Currently in funfair...
    So you got the hillbilly then ... Who else did you pick out of curiosity?

I'm on my 3rd play through to do the monk puzzle.  Love this game so does my son who sits with me working the puzzles out.  He especially loved the dragon section...

• mikeck 8 Apr 2013 15:28:43 1,936 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @HiddenAway Pleasure ;)
  • EMarkM 8 Apr 2013 16:14:59 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:

So you got the hillbilly then ... Who else did you pick out of curiosity?...
    Adventurer and Knight, although I didn't realise I was picking them until it started!

Really enjoyed the castle bit, and can see us doing repeated playthroughs to get all the characters.

Missed the first painting as I hadn't realised what they were...
  • crashVoodoo 9 Apr 2013 01:16:37 3,902 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:

So you got the hillbilly then ... Who else did you pick out of curiosity?...
    Adventurer and Knight, although I didn't realise I was picking them until it started!

Really enjoyed the castle bit, and can see us doing repeated playthroughs to get all the characters.

Missed the first painting as I hadn't realised what they were...
    Knight section was fun.  Did you join the king in the garden afterwards ... ? :-)

• EMarkM 9 Apr 2013 07:44:44 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @crashVoodoo That whole section was hilarious. Can only imagine that taste in humour is different for a lot of gamers these days: many people didn't seem to like it.

Edit: "you might want to get the bits of princess off it first!"

2nd edit: oh, "join" the king? Thought you wrote "enjoy". Maybe I missed something. Ah well: next time!

Edited by EMarkM at 07:48:04 09-04-2013
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 19:48:42
    Just completed my first run, twins/scientist/time traveller.
    Lots of fun, nothing exceptional but worth every penny and felt original which is rare.
  • TarickStonefire 30 Jun 2013 13:40:48 3,091 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I really wish there was anyone at all in my life who gave a shit about games like this that I could share them with. Wife doesn't care. None of my mates are that into gaming, beyond the thrill of shooting people in shooting games.

Am cry.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Gambit1977 30 Jun 2013 15:02:29 9,634 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    I really wish there was anyone at all in my life who gave a shit about games like this that I could share them with. Wife doesn't care. None of my mates are that into gaming, beyond the thrill of shooting people in shooting games.

Am cry.
    Lots of people do...when the game is good! the cave, sadly, isn't.
  • Raiko101 30 Jun 2013 15:06:41 6,295 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm intending on picking this up, if it ever goes on sale on the eShop. I know a lot of folk have their complaints, but it sounds like something I could happily put up with myself. The demo was good fun.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• TarickStonefire 30 Jun 2013 16:06:34 3,091 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:

Am cry.
    Lots of people do...when the game is good! the cave, sadly, isn't.
    Actually no, it doesn't matter how good the game is, same scenario.

On that topic though, it was kinda boring wasn't it? I never even finished my first run.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• OnlyMe 30 Jun 2013 17:27:54 3,104 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Problem with the Cave is that it would've made a fantastic Maniac Mansion style point'n'click adventure game. As a puzzle/platformer, it didn't nearly reach its full potential. Had this been released as a point'n'click back in the days, under the LucasArts umbrella (sometime during the Day of the Tentacle period period perhaps), it would be remembered as a classic, but now it will be just forgotten.

Goes to show that maybe it's not so smart to dwell on an idea for 20 years. Instead just make it happen when you get it, otherwise it will be outdated and forced into something it's not meant to be.
  • Shikasama 4 Feb 2014 21:33:35 6,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just started playing this after picking it up in the christmas sale. Quite cool so far.

Stuck already like, can't work out how to not get shot at by the guards when getting the dragon key. tried to use the lift as a distraction but cant get on the other ladder quick enough.
  • aros 5 Feb 2014 12:06:01 2,842 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had this installed for a long time. Might start it now.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next