The Indie Bundle Thread Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• DFawkes 31 May 2012 22:30:27 23,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    always wanted the ship. May get my first indie bundle.
    If it's just for The Ship you're free to my gift copy, though if it's for the bundle that'll be no good - and indeed the bundle has The Void and LaserCat, both also great games.

Edited by DFawkes at 22:31:21 31-05-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Fixxxer 31 May 2012 22:37:07 1,304 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That was a tough call. Normally I pay the price that I'd cave for in a Steam sale but as the in this case the games I wanted were Bastion and Limbo. Bastion I'd pay £3 for and Limbo about £1.50 (and indeed I just passed up the chance to buy Limbo in the midweek sale). Ended up paying the requisite $7.33 rounded up to $8 which means I actually ended up spending a not insignificant amount of money on one of these for the first time. But hey, it's for charity, right?
  • Rusty_M 31 May 2012 22:47:59 4,762 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bought the bundle anyway. Other games look fun. (will probably never even play the ship, never mind the others)

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• sanctusmortis 1 Jun 2012 18:32:50 9,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bought it for $11.52 (£7.50), mainly for the soundtracks. Seeing as Bastion's OST alone is $9, think I've done well out of it.
  • the_dudefather 4 Jun 2012 14:15:13 9,325 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hey everyone, got a spare Indie Royale bundle key, first person to reply gets it

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Sharzam 4 Jun 2012 14:19:15 3,005 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sure why not, i keep thinking about getting the Void if/when on sale.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Xardan 7 Jun 2012 13:40:58 717 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why did I get charged for an overseas transaction? Looks like you get the privilege of having to pay more if your currency isn't USD. I dont understand all that, is it a fee banks charge for having to convert currencies?

“You are what you write.”

• Sharzam 7 Jun 2012 15:04:19 3,005 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes exactly. Different banks charge in different ways for example barclaycard standard can be up to 2%. Unless you have a no fee account (such as santander international account).
    Your best off using PayPal as they do the converting for you.

Edited by Sharzam at 15:07:37 07-06-2012

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Mr-Brett 7 Jun 2012 15:13:18 12,822 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I used to get it all the time until I switched to a credit card for steam etc.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Deleted user 8 June 2012 10:48:52
    BUMP

Just got an e-mail this morning saying they've added Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor and Braid to my cart now!

I think as long as you pay above average like you'd have done to get Bastion these unlock as well.

SWEEEEEEEEET!
  • Deleted user 5 July 2012 09:08:21
    I know most people are getting bundled out now but the BeMine3 Bundle has shaped up to be a nice one. Oddworld, an Avernum trilogy, Red Orchestra, Hamilton's Great Adventure, Postal 2 and they've just added the first Syberia game. Pay more than $6 for the full pack (extra soundtracks and bonus stuff)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 5 Jul 2012 11:16:28 610 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And it turns out to be the first bundle that forces a Desura download to play one of the games (albeit only Postal 2, which is supposed to be dire) All others I've used have always had a DLC download option for the non-STEAM stuff. Decided to get it anyway, seems I missed number 2 of that series as they don't email previous purchasers like the other bundles do.
  • Deleted user 5 July 2012 11:19:25
    Hmm, not quite as tempting considering OS support.
  • asha 5 Jul 2012 12:54:03 1,991 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    And it turns out to be the first bundle that forces a Desura download to play one of the games (albeit only Postal 2, which is supposed to be dire) All others I've used have always had a DLC download option for the non-STEAM stuff. Decided to get it anyway, seems I missed number 2 of that series as they don't email previous purchasers like the other bundles do.
    Postal 2 is great fun!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• WoodenSpoon 5 Jul 2012 15:43:48 12,290 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Portal 2 is probably worth witnessing, just once.
  • joeymoto108 8 Jul 2012 01:16:18 650 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Postal 2 is ace! It's oh so bad yet hilarious, which is what makes it so great in my opinion :D

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• Blerk Moderator 24 Jul 2012 16:32:05 48,225 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle.
  • asha 24 Jul 2012 16:51:13 1,991 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    An extremely poor selection of games. Has there ever been a good Indie Royale bundle?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• rtk79 24 Jul 2012 18:13:51 495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    asha wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    An extremely poor selection of games. Has there ever been a good Indie Royale bundle?
    An extremely poor selection of games ? If the Geneforge Saga is half the game Spiderweb's Avernum and Avadon are, and I very much doubt it is, then that bundle is well worth whatever pittance they're asking for.
  • WoodenSpoon 24 Jul 2012 19:01:23 12,290 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That Oniken game looks sweet!
  • Blerk Moderator 24 Jul 2012 22:13:39 48,225 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've always quite fancied a go at Puzzle Agent, I might pick it up just for that. Mutant Storm is supposed to be quite good, and Unepic and Oniken look curious.

Not 'top shelf' stuff, for sure, but hard to sniff at it for a little over three quid.
  • spamdangled 24 Jul 2012 23:12:21 27,413 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    asha wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Eh? Geneforge alone is stonking good value for money. Unepic is supposed to be very good indeed if you like your Metroidvanias. Mutant Storm is an excellent twin stick shooter, and Puzzle Agent is supposed to be excellent. Not heard of Oniken or Swift/Switch before, but they look fun enough and from what I've read online are both pretty good as well.

And the whole lot is less than £4. The geneforge games alone contain several hundred hours of gameplay. That's a hell of a lot of quality bang for your buck.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• asha 24 Jul 2012 23:40:29 1,991 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    asha wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Eh? Geneforge alone is stonking good value for money. Unepic is supposed to be very good indeed if you like your Metroidvanias. Mutant Storm is an excellent twin stick shooter, and Puzzle Agent is supposed to be excellent. Not heard of Oniken or Swift/Switch before, but they look fun enough and from what I've read online are both pretty good as well.

And the whole lot is less than £4. The geneforge games alone contain several hundred hours of gameplay. That's a hell of a lot of quality bang for your buck.
    None of those games interest me in the slightest, but if they interest you, then that's cool too. A world where everyone had the same tastes would be a very boring world indeed.

I must say though, I've always been of the opinion that the Indie Royale is a vastly inferior clone of the Humble Bundle. If the next Humble Bundle consisted of the above games, then the vast majority of people would be very disappointed with that selection.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Deleted user 24 July 2012 23:43:29
    To be fair, saying those games don't interest you and saying those games are a "poor selection" are very different things.
  • asha 25 Jul 2012 13:50:18 1,991 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a poor selection when compared to other bundles, is the point I was trying to make.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Deleted user 26 July 2012 20:43:09
    Humble Music Bundle

No games, obviously.
  • hypoBla5t 26 Jul 2012 21:16:47 1,449 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    asha wrote:
    It's a poor selection when compared to other bundles, is the point I was trying to make.
    Don't back down mate, I'll back you up. It looks like a fucking shite lineup to me too. Never heard of any of those games and considering recent offerings, it's poor fare.
  • Stranded87 26 Jul 2012 21:25:10 923 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @rtk79

For my money the one Geneforge game I've played is better than Avadon or Avernum: Escape From The Pit (the only other Spiderweb games I've played).

So yeah, easily one of the best bundles for that alone.
  • Blerk Moderator 27 Jul 2012 13:47:22 48,225 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Indie Gala 7 now live.

If you thought the latest Indie Royale bundle was 'a bit pony' you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Edited by Blerk at 13:47:40 27-07-2012
  • Deleted user 27 July 2012 14:14:14
    I think the worst part of that bundle is that none of those games are really "indie". They're all 1C games, I think.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last