Nintendo: The Bomb - LOLZ Page 17

  • Page

    of 18 First / Last

  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 10:00:06 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    When was the last time the bomb actually went off?

    For a home console, I mean. Pre-Wii I think.
    Boom!
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 10:03:25 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    For those of us who want to retain office credibility by not watching a Nintendo press conference at work, what's ecosse on about?
    You spend half your day posting in a Wii U thread, does that make you the cool guy in the office?
  • CharlieStCloud 5 Jun 2013 10:05:02 5,820 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    For those of us who want to retain office credibility by not watching a Nintendo press conference at work, what's ecosse on about?
    A video that makes me feel embarrassed to know I once used to be a Nintendo fanboy.

    ... but then I guess you probably already knew that!

    : )
  • Rhaegyr 5 Jun 2013 10:06:05 3,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CS Lewis - "People who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence."
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 10:06:48 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    CS Lewis - "People who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence."
    Nice :-)
  • Mola_Ram 5 Jun 2013 10:12:10 10,605 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's Mario Galaxy. But don't mind me; continue with the retarded name-calling.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 10:14:50 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    'When I was a man, I put aside childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be so very grown up.' it's something I absolutely stand by, else I wouldn't be playing computer games at all.

    What I mean is I'm looking at Nintendo's performance / likely market and management decisions, and evolving strategy through the prism of business rationale rather than through the prism of fanboyism.
    It's not cancelled LB.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 10:39:11 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
  • Razz 5 Jun 2013 10:42:05 62,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Bill Trinen building the hype

    Tick...tick....
    LOL What the hell was that vid he linked? Whatever it was it cemented my belief that Japanese woman have superior beauty to other races:


  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 10:45:55 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    'When I was a man, I put aside childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be so very grown up.' it's something I absolutely stand by, else I wouldn't be playing computer games at all.

    What I mean is I'm looking at Nintendo's performance / likely market and management decisions, and evolving strategy through the prism of business rationale rather than through the prism of fanboyism.
    It's not cancelled LB.
    Again, who said it was cancelled?

    I agree that on balance Nintendo are now looking likely to make a fist of the WiiU. But for the longest time they looked like they hadn't decided to commit and were waiting to see.
    Of course, they were holding back on announcing games because they were looking at dropping the console after 6 months, not because games take a couple of years to make and they weren't developed enough yet.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 11:04:39 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nah, they rushed it out for Christmas to get a full year start despite it not really being ready and their HD software development is taking longer than expected.
    Oh, and the Wii success made them cocky.
  • Razz 5 Jun 2013 11:09:56 62,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Wii U is nintendo's 8th console right? Not including the Gameboy/Ds range. That's amazing.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 11:13:12 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Nah, they rushed it out for Christmas to get a full year start despite it not really being ready and their HD software development is taking longer than expected.
    Oh, and the Wii success made them cocky.
    Well, that's what I said.
    No, you said they were clearly considering dropping it after 6 months which is utter, utter nonsense.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Jun 2013 11:14:13 42,366 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    IF Sony and MS come through with their promises (e.g. 15 first party games for the XBO in the first 12 months) then they're going to make Nintendo look very foolish.

    That's a capital IF of course :-)
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 11:17:45 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Nah, they rushed it out for Christmas to get a full year start despite it not really being ready and their HD software development is taking longer than expected.
    Oh, and the Wii success made them cocky.
    Well, that's what I said.
    No, you said they were clearly considering dropping it after 6 months which is utter, utter nonsense.
    Le sigh.

    Do you think that was never tabled or discussed, even to reject it?
    Nope, I think it will be next year if it tanks at xmas but there's not a chance in hell they'd consider it a few months after release.
  • Razz 5 Jun 2013 11:23:43 62,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Wii U might be a slow burner, only time will tell if they can turn it around. I hope they will, I hope they sort out their focus, release some more games that I want to play. I sure every true gamer wishes that, even the ones that don't own or currently plan to buy a Wii U.

    Edited by Razz at 11:38:37 05-06-2013
  • Rhaegyr 5 Jun 2013 11:26:37 3,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's a silver lining for me on the Wii U's poor performance.

    There may be exceptions, but the poorer a 'big' console does sales-wise usually leads to an avalanche of great games in an attempt to claw some market share back - see N64, GameCube and Dreamcast, each of which had amazing libraries and quite a variety. It's no coincidence that they're probably my three favourite consoles, too.

    Hoping to see something similar with the Wii U.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jun 2013 11:32:32 14,614 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    So far it hasn't sold despite:

    - competition being 6 years old.
    - Appearing right before Christmas with a bunch of new games.
    - 50% price reduction in places.
    - Emphatic promises from Nintendo that great games are coming.

    It's already tanked at Christmas.
    If it's going to sell it'll be because of the games that come out for it, simple as that.
  • nickthegun 5 Jun 2013 11:33:45 64,252 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A few adverts probably wouldnt hurt either.
  • Page

    of 18 First / Last

Log in or register to reply