Minecraft XBLA Page 4

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• ronuds 10 May 2012 17:29:39 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bah - I'm downloading the demo now. I don't know what's going on with this game, but it seems like the type you have to experience to really understand. Everything you're all saying is like an alien language to me.
  • Bawsy74 10 May 2012 17:34:18 178 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I always thought this looked very very pish, but you all make it sound pretty interesting. I'll download the demo tonight. Looking for something I can split screen with the kids, and this may do the job...

Edited by Bawsy74 at 17:34:49 10-05-2012
  • elvenscroll 10 May 2012 17:38:17 1,443 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably common knowledge but it you share a picture to Facebook (press Y on the pause screen) you unlock a free dashboard theme. Rather nice it is too.

Xbox Live/PSN - Chipworm

• agparrot 10 May 2012 17:40:15 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As much as I'm loving it, I have to admit that it isn't going to be for everyone. I'm sure that for every prospective lego-building, zombie-farming, wheat-growing, cave-mining addict, there are going to be at least as many people who either just don't enjoy it, or who probably rightly see it as an inferior version of what you can do on your PC.

Which is fine. Hardly any games are loved by everyone. There's nothing wrong with you if you don't like it, there's nothing wrong with you if you do!

Did I say zombie farming? Yes I believe I did. It's going to be my little pet project for this evening.
  • ronuds 10 May 2012 17:42:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My only concern is longevity. Once you build a house and stuff, what else is there to do - build another house? And how many different items are we talking here - tens or tens of thousands?

This is something that could keep my wife busy for the next 10 years. Not that that's necessarily a good thing, because it means me w/o an xbox for that long.
  • ecu 10 May 2012 17:56:49 77,212 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    My only concern is longevity. Once you build a house and stuff, what else is there to do - build another house? And how many different items are we talking here - tens or tens of thousands?
    Yeah, you build another house. You make your own fun in Minecraft, that's part of the appeal of it to me. It's kind of limited in single player, but comes alive in a multiplayer server where a group of you are transforming the landscape.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 10 May 2012 18:06:45 39,276 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You could do this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/eg-readers-build-new-york-minster

(Only time I'll ever get content on the EG front page I wager :))

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• agparrot 10 May 2012 18:16:56 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    You could do this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/eg-readers-build-new-york-minster

(Only time I'll ever get content on the EG front page I wager :))
    I had no proper idea what Minecraft was before you got that posted up, it took me a while to realise what a lot of work you must all have put into it.

I think it does highlight that you need some sort of plans or objectives if you want to get longevity out of it. Having said that, I don't feel like I've really scratched the surface of the stuff I can do just with the basic tools, and I am happy in my ignorance of all the other things I'm going to discover as I go along.

Just in our brief co-op session last night we learnt loads of stuff just by all tinkering and doing our own thing, and of course the social side of it was probably half the fun.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 May 2012 18:16:57 26,302 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sweet! Just found a zombie infested cave deeeeeeeeep beneath my house. Cleared them out and discovered it chock full if gold and redstone.

My monorail dream shall finally live!
  • psychokitten Moderator 10 May 2012 18:23:08 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I went exploring without my map and I'm totally lost, despite building a big tower on my house so I could find it easily. I'm camped in a makeshift log cabin with 2 torches and I can hear zombies outside.
  • magicpanda 10 May 2012 18:32:08 13,455 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haha, you lot playing Minecraft for the first time. Your'e all fucked :)

Say goodbye to life for a while.
  • andytheadequate 10 May 2012 18:36:37 8,315 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My fort on a hill is coming along nicely. If only I knew how to build the more complicated stuff to fill it I would be laughing.
  • MatMan562 10 May 2012 18:47:59 2,540 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh, is it possible to have more than one... land (?) at a time? I would like to be able to have one for singleplayer stuff and then another to play with friends, so could I do that?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• phoopipe 10 May 2012 18:49:19 1,428 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep im doing exactlly that Mat.

Edited by phoopipe at 18:49:48 10-05-2012
  • MatMan562 10 May 2012 18:55:42 2,540 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @phoopipe Excellent! Thanks!

I think i'm going to end up buying this tomorrow... hopefully it'll be enough to stop me buying the other games I was planning on getting though.

• richardiox 10 May 2012 19:21:04 5,707 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Anyone who buys this is a retard.
    Why?
  • Trafford 10 May 2012 19:21:40 5,919 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @graysonavich

Nice comment, prick.
  • Tryhard 10 May 2012 19:27:08 4,200 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have a huge chasm under my house.It has a 10 block waterfall,lava rivers.Giant green expanding creeper heads.Skeleton archers,zombies.
    It is an amazing adventure down there.

Found my first diamond but it fell into the lava.Found a large patch of obsidian but need a diamond pickaxe.Did manage to collect two diamonds and rushed back up to store it.

Later was digging down the demonic pit of despair on an overhead block of iron,it falls down and along with it a green body and a creepers face.

The shock of seeing that before he exploded in my face killing me from above.

Another exploding creeper got me again when he attacked me from the rear as I was swinging my sword at a skeleton infront.Two sets of iron armour gone up in smoke.
  • Page1 10 May 2012 21:09:18 2,618 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My poem just won me a code for Minecraft \o/

http://playxbla.com/miscellaneous-minecraft-code-challenge/

It's called Minecraft poems and was written in 5 minutes.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2012 21:17:40
    I've made a floating garden, but the grass won't grow on the dirt. I'm sure it used to on the pc. Does the ground need to be connected for it to work? I've just made a little river but no joy.. yet.
  • barchetta 10 May 2012 21:26:03 1,368 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's like 'The Good Life' filtered through a massive acid trip where the days are full of bucolic self sufficiency and the nights are the paranoid come downs.

....excellent. :)
  • Deleted user 10 May 2012 21:34:02
    Hmm, one silver birch has popped up in front of my very eyes in my floating garden. None of the other have grown yet. Rather odd. It's some sort of genetic super tree I presume.
  • Tryhard 10 May 2012 21:36:28 4,200 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    barchetta wrote:
    It's like 'The Good Life'
    Haha,I thought that earlier while planting seeds in my garden and a pig came running by.I only needed Margo to pop her head over the fence.
  • convercide 10 May 2012 21:38:12 6,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    What a strange comment. At least justify it.

Edited by convercide at 21:38:30 10-05-2012

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• MatMan562 10 May 2012 21:40:54 2,540 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As I have nothing to do tomorrow, i'm planning a Minecraft day and i've just thought of something else I was unsure of from the demo. Is it possible to run out of things? So if I "mined" all the trees and didn't plant any more would I forever be out of wood or would some trees appear somewhere at random?

• spindizzy 10 May 2012 22:11:35 6,569 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    convercide wrote:
    graysonavich wrote:
    What a strange comment. At least justify it.
    Read the comments in the review. He obviously really doesn't like the score it got.

I have to say I've been reading this thread (and the XBLA one) with a smile - it's so nice to see you all enjoying this as much as we all did. Hopefully soon there will be all sorts of XBLA youtube videos appearing with crazy machines to try and build. I still remember fondly my old mob grinder on my old map....
  • beastmaster 10 May 2012 22:14:00 11,788 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hang on! I though Minecraft was just a build things thingy. There be monsters???

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• DFawkes 10 May 2012 22:31:46 23,716 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    I've made a floating garden, but the grass won't grow on the dirt. I'm sure it used to on the pc. Does the ground need to be connected for it to work? I've just made a little river but no joy.. yet.
    Has to spread from other grass. I usually have to make stairs out of dirt leading from the grassy ground up to my floating dirt structures to get it to spread properly. It's a pain, but that's how it is.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Page

of 69 First / Last