Minecraft XBLA Page 63

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• andytheadequate 25 Jan 2013 11:05:14 8,371 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lies. He pretends there is a 20 wolf limit just so he can murder even more helpless pets...

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:19:56 25-01-2013
  • AcidSnake 25 Jan 2013 11:11:27 7,298 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Lies. He pretends there is a 20 wolf limit just so she can murder even more helpless pets...
    ...She?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• andytheadequate 25 Jan 2013 11:21:17 8,371 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    With that womanly voice I just assumed :D

Or I'm just rubbish at using my phone.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Jan 2013 11:22:08 44,960 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone watched the Rooster Teeth Let's Play Minecraft vids on Youtube? Wonderful.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• HandsomeCrab 25 Jan 2013 12:02:17 279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just tried recreating my seed and pretty much the whole centre of the map is water so I think Ubergine's assumption is correct. Going to be a long journey leading cattle from the far corners of the map to the centre!

GT: carlmadin

• ubergine 25 Jan 2013 13:28:50 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I could have sworn that there was a limit of five dogs for one player at once, but then I've never really bothered testing it!

@teamHAM It really depends on how much time you have. I think I explained in that earlier post how volatile the seed generation is at the moment (IF you want a nether fortress that is fully stocked, for potion making) as even using a "guaranteed" seed you still have a chance of having no blazes.

I checked out FRINGE by the way; I still think aubergine is better but it has some pretty cool features and more land, if more is needed.

The developers dropped this pearl on the forum today: myself and others haven't bothered with breeding / keeping animals in TU7 because the animals simply despair now. Today padaware (from 4J) posted that animals are set to despawn if they can move more than 20 blocks in any direction, so if in a 20x20 pen they won't (shouldn't) de-spawn.

Only took them 5 weeks to mention that. I gently requested that they make the changelogs a bit more comprehensive in future.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• teamHAM 25 Jan 2013 13:35:42 3,153 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The last time I played was just after they brought in Ravines and Endermen, having been told to wait until this patch because Clay wouldn't generate in an old world etc. Also the last time I played there were almost no wild animals. You could scour the whole seed and find one animal.

AFAIK the enchanting and XP is now in the game since then and I haven't played yet. With more problems you are pointing out I am not sure whether I should get back into it now or if I am better off just waiting for an unspecified time period for them to sort their shit out.

Obviously if I start now and the seed has problems and next week they patch it I might aswell just wait.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• agparrot 25 Jan 2013 13:44:41 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    @teamHAM It really depends on how much time you have. I think I explained in that earlier post how volatile the seed generation is at the moment (IF you want a nether fortress that is fully stocked, for potion making) as even using a "guaranteed" seed you still have a chance of having no blazes.
    I've been living in another seed from the excellent MC forum post about Title Update 7 seeds. The chap who posted it on the MC forums has since updated his post to say that his blaze spawners don't appear in Survival mode, but they do for me.

I tried a bunch of seeds, from the MC forum thread, in Creative mode, followed by trying them in Survival mode and in pretty much every case the blaze spawners appeared in Creative, but then didn't show up in the world when I switched it to Survival, or even when I deleted the world entirely and recreated it as a Survival seed.

However, in the case of this particular seed - 7227138439463342958 - I decided that I wouldn't even test it out in Creative first, that I'd just fire it up exclusively in Survival, and having done this, my blaze spawners have appeared intact. It's a great seed, albeit containing a little more water than I'd ordinarily choose.

So I'm wondering if some seeds cannot retain blaze spawners if they are loaded in Creative first and then in Survival. I found this to be the case for a number of seeds from the MC forums, but for seeds I loaded in Survival without going Cretive initially, everything has been intact. Perhaps this doesn't happen for all seeds, or there is some other 'thing' going on that makes the blaze spawners not appear for some people.

The seed I posted above has a bit of absolutely everything in it from TU7, indluding an enormous complex of abandoned mineshaft/minecart rails. Huge. It's meant that a lot of my late night play time has been spent meandering around in it with haveasafeday.

Edited by agparrot at 13:45:18 25-01-2013

Edited by agparrot at 13:45:54 25-01-2013
  • ubergine 25 Jan 2013 15:22:10 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @agparrot There appears to be a perfectly random chance that blaze spawner may not appear. Certain seeds have more than one location where one MAY appear, and I've seen rolls o the same seed over and over with 0-2 spawners appearing.

When you enter the nether having started on creative, it appears that blazes spawn naturally all over the nether fort. It doesn't seem to be related to whether there is a spawn block, and those blaze despawn and are not replenished, so if you switch to survival it may give the impression your spawners vanished, when they were never actually there.

Or it may be that they vanish. I mean, what's one more bug?

@teamHAM I'm not sure if you are intending to play on an older world or generate a new one.

Bascially, every update fixes some problem or other and introduces another two or three. The nature of the game simply changes. In TU5, when the mobs didn't spawn, the only way to get wool reliably was from killing spiders and mineshafts. I spent in-game "weeks" unable to craft a bed because I forgot you can make will from spider string. It was horrible.

But I also start a new world with every update. If you are willing to use creative mode to add stuff to your survival maps, nothing is really a problem.

• ubergine 29 Jan 2013 00:41:02 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Patch notes for Title Update 8:

Change log for Title Update 8 - January 28th 2013

Changes and Additions:-

- Fix for random crash on Kick Player.
    - Fix for a random crash on loading the tutorial.
    - Fix for freeze when writing on a sign as an autosave starts.
    - Fix for crash when attempting to enter an online enabled game session after losing connection to the Xbox LIVE service.
    - Performance improvement for the Enchantment interface.
    - Fix to display a message when monsters are nearby on trying to sleep in a bed.
    - Fix for an issue causing blocks to reappear after being destroyed when the server is busy.
    - Fix for Experience Orbs being invisible for a period of time when created.
    - Fix to force a Nether Fortress, Blaze Spawner and Nether Wart to always be present in the Nether for a newly created world.
    - Fix for autosave not working when the host has gone into an idle state.
    - Fix to increase the spawn rate for Mooshrooms.
    - Change to make Blazes drop Glowstone Dust as well as Blaze Rods.
    - Fix to player experience level display in two player vertical splitscreen mode.
    - Fix for Quick Move not being possible while holding something in the cursor.
    - Fix for armor position on Bad Santa when sat down.
    - Changed "Download Content" menu to "Minecraft Store".
    - New photo frames for avatar items in the Minecraft Store.
    - Fix for Magma Cube hit boxes.
    - Added an Awkward Potion to the Potions page in the Creative Menu.
    - Fix to show the aura of enchanted items for other players in an online game.
    - Fix for tools enchanted with Unbreaking occasionally repairing themselves.
    - Changes to improve breeding - Love Mode status is now network synchronised, and animals react more correctly if spawn limits are reached when breeding.
    - Fix for issue with "Take Half" in the Brewing Stand interface.
    - Fix to allow the map to be displayed when the player has turned off Display Hand.
    - Fix for potion effects being removed after using the Nether Portal.
    - Fix to stop the item in hand being changed when traveling to/from the Nether.
    - Fix for Compass not pointing to the original spawn point after having been in The Nether.
    - Fix to allow players to be able to eat food even if they are not allowed to build and mine.
    - Fix to allow client players to toggle Custom Skin Animation.
    - Fix for player gamertag border color being wrong after a respawn/dimension change.
    - Fix for issue in splitscreen where it was possible to craft items without a player having the resources required.
    - Fix to remove the Love Mode tooltip when animals are unable to enter Love Mode.
    - Change to moderator option description in the Host and Player Options.
    - Fix for the submerged edge of the world emitting a faint light.
    - Fix for lighting issue with mobs in water.
    - Fix to stop food being removed when feeding animals in Creative Mode.
    - Fix to stop Bones being removed when taming wolves in Creative Mode.
    - Change to make baby wolves tame when born.
    - Fix for Blaze Rods not being identified as fuel for a furnace.
    - Fix for issue with sky lighting values making bedrock layer fully lit.

• Raiko101 29 Jan 2013 01:03:19 6,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sounds good good. Been starting over many times recently and so i've still yet to build a portal to the Nether. Might just start again once i've got the patch tomorrow.

Edit - Hold on. The patch came out on the 28th? Played it this evening, but didn't download an update.

Edited by Raiko101 at 01:05:58 29-01-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• ubergine 29 Jan 2013 08:16:01 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Patch release is up to Microsoft, notes are just from the developer.

Also, it's unlikely the fix for nether fortresses will affect a world you are already using, as popular opinion is that the nether is generated when you first create the seed, not as you enter it. (I'm not 100% certain of that...)

• ubergine 31 Jan 2013 04:11:39 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Patch is now out. Terrain generation is exactly the same, every newly generated seed should have a functional nether fort now.

seeds that already had a fort now have a different one. the fort is aubergine is not as good visually in TU8 but has a double blaze spawner, so it's more practical!

• agparrot 31 Jan 2013 10:28:19 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They left out detailing the best bit of the TU8 upgrade in those notes...

Picking up green XP bubbles now makes a dinky little tinkling noise, it's great!

I had no idea that Blaze Rods were supposed to be usable as a fuel - I have a stack of them, sat there doing nothing, so they'll be put to good use now. Not that I'm short of fuel, as my Fortune III diamond pickaxe means that I mine a nearly obscene amount of coal.

Spent an hour or so with haveasafeday last night - just hollowing out another section of our underground dwelling. It is so relaxing.

Edited by agparrot at 10:28:40 31-01-2013
  • ubergine 31 Jan 2013 12:34:13 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They seem to like putting "secret" features into the updates, there was another one people talked about and I've forgotten. Haven't been able to play more than a few minute since the patch though.

• glo 31 Jan 2013 14:08:55 3,438 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This new patch might finally be the incentive I need to get back into playing minecraft again...

/awaits inevitable reports of game breaking glitch/bug/feature in TU8
  • ubergine 8 Feb 2013 16:16:40 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    New seed I'm recommending is

for reasons I'll leave intrepid explorers to discover. It has much more land than the aubergine seed and all the biomes.

• ubergine 18 Feb 2013 11:00:06 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's a bit of a guide up for that seed here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1691562-tu8-8017868821503482195/

• ubergine 24 Mar 2013 01:02:37 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Change logs are ordered by most recent first.

Change log for Title Update 9 - March 23rd 2013

Changes and Additions

- Added 'The End', with new layout, and new Enderdragon behaviour.
    - Added Climbable Vines.
    - Added Fire Charge, Wooden Button, Item Frames, Spawn Eggs, Sandstone Stairs, Spruce Stairs, Birch Stairs, Nether Bricks, Spruce Planks, Birch Planks, Nether Brick Slab, Spruce Slab and Birch Slab.
    - Added new music for The End and The Nether from C418
    - Made buckets and signs stackable.
    - Sheep now re-grow their wool after shearing.
    - New gravel texture.
    - Can now smelt Netherrack into a Nether Brick in a Furnace.
    - Blacksmith buildings in Villages now hold chests with loot of the same type as found in Strongholds.
    - Crafting recipe change - Sign recipe gives three Signs.
    - Crafting recipe change - Half Slab recipes give six Half Slabs.
    - Crafting recipe change - Stone Button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
    - Added smoother color transitions between biomes.
    - Added beaches to terrain generation.
    - Fence Gates can now be opened and closed with Redstone.
    - Changed Nether Fortress to make Nether Wart rooms more likely.
    - Made Nether Wart spawn randomly wherever Soul Sand is generated in the Nether.
    - Nether Wart will now grow in the Overworld.
    - Made Dispenser dispense mobs from Spawn Eggs, rather than the egg itself.
    - Dispenser will dispense lava/water from a Bucket of Lava/Water.
    - Dispenser will shoot Fire Charges.
    - Trapdoors can be placed on half slabs and stairs
    - Allow players to block with a sword when the ‘Can Build And Mine’ option is unchecked by the host.
    - Moved six of the twelve music disc quests in the Tutorial World
    - Changed the Tutorial world to add climbable Vines, and some of the new items, and removed/reduced the items in the Brewing, Farming and Breeding chests.
    - Don't show the achievements warning when loading a creative map that has already been saved in creative mode.
    - Reduced the volume of the Ghast sound effects.
    - Increased the distance jukeboxes can be heard from.
    - Improved lighting code performance.
    - Improved the loading/saving time.
    - Changed the display order in the Minecraft Store to show newest DLC first.
    - Added How To Play for The End and Farming Animals
    - Added HUD size options for both splitscreen and full screen modes.
    - Added Reset Nether option to force regeneration of The Nether. This is helpful for older saves that didn't have a Nether Fortress.
    - Added a toggle for Death Messages.
    - Added a toggle to hide or display the animated character in the User Interface.
    - Allow individual splitscreen users to have their own settings for HUD.

Fixes

- Fix for a Nether portal crash due to Ghast fireballs
    - Fix for Cave Spider size.
    - Fixed Experience Orb pickup sound not having pitch variance.
    - Fixed a crash when attaching Glowstone to Pistons.
    - Fixed a render update problem on the end of world chunks
    - Fixed a crash with players throwing Enderpearls and leaving the game.
    - Stop the player animation for eating happening in the Change Skin menu

• ubergine 24 Mar 2013 05:02:58 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Note that the patch notes appear when 4J sends the update to Microsoft. The actual update may not happen for another week or so.

• kingcrowbar 24 Mar 2013 08:27:56 936 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How is it these days with updated stuff going into old maps?
    Started a new world with my daughter a couple of weeks ago and she would rather not restart again.

From that list it looks like we would just be missing out on blacksmith chests, beaches and smooth biome transitions, would that be right?
  • ubergine 24 Mar 2013 09:52:31 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Biome transitions should be fine. If you've already explored to whole map, you won't get beaches. The blacksmith chests are pretty much who-cares.

If you have a map you like, for curiosity's sake you could try generating the same seed number after the update to see how it changes. It probably won't be worth starting anew though before jungles are added in a future update.

• daz_john_smith 26 Mar 2013 07:16:05 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was hoping for upside down stairs in this update :(
  • S.J.Rogers 26 Mar 2013 10:00:35 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Upside down stairs, jungles and Cats are needed ASAP.

Oh, and more Endermen would help too, can never find them and i need pearls.

Oh, and Slime's, i need MANY more Slime's please...
  • SomaticSense 26 Mar 2013 10:18:39 9,165 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still no upside down stairs?
  • ubergine 26 Mar 2013 11:52:06 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Best way to collect Ender Pearls I've found is a Fortune III sword, makes them drop up to 4 pearls.

• S.J.Rogers 26 Mar 2013 11:58:23 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's a good idea. I better get enchanting...
  • ubergine 26 Mar 2013 19:22:11 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Get thirty levels up, make a diamond sword, then save and enchant it, and just keep exiting-without-saving then reloading until you get Looting III on a sword. Sharpness and Fire Aspect don't go astray either.

First thing I always do in a new world is find five diamonds, make diamond pick, mine four obsidian, mine a bunch of bookshelves (or make them) make an enchanting table with 15 bookshelves around it, then enchant the pick with fortune III. From then on you can use it to get up to four diamonds from a single diamond ore.

• ubergine 4 Apr 2013 13:23:53 2,888 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Update is live.

• Raiko101 4 Apr 2013 17:25:48 6,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just spent an hour trying to find a good map for the patch, but no luck. Damn my fussyness...

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 69 First / Last