Minecraft XBLA Page 61

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• Capn_Franky 6 Nov 2012 22:37:24 61 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But I was on peaceful so fires (if I remember correctly) don't spread if at all, plus when it lightnings it rains so the fire would have been put out, it's a mystery to me as inside was only partially ruined which is made from wool yet the inside back ceiling was also missing.

Notice too the missing glass panes on the house, I wish I could pin it down to the fireplace inside which is what I first assumed yet that's been active for weeks if not months and has never set fire to the build...
  • ubergine 6 Nov 2012 23:45:10 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's a box you can uncheck in "more options" when you start the game which stops fire spreading, I don't think peaceful has anything to do with it.

Also, I don't have the benefit of knowing what the building looked like before. Maybe there's a row of 3 glass panes missing from near the doorway in the right hand side, or maybe there was never a second row icon those panes in the first place. All I see is some panes retracted from having no block next to them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Capn_Franky 8 Nov 2012 23:04:28 61 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fire doesn't spread as harsh on peaceful nor does it spread at all during lightning strikes as it dies out as soon as it starts, the bloody thing hit my pirate ship right I front of my eyes, almost crapped myself but died out before I could get to it.

Has everyone given up on this game now then? This thread is awfully quiet these past weeks.
  • ubergine 9 Nov 2012 05:58:11 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't know how the lightning effect is calculated. It's possible that if it sets fire to the top blocks yeah, the rain puts it out, but it may be a strike with a percentage chance to set fire to blocks in a certain radius, which could potentially ignite blocks not exposed to the rain, then spreading say within the building instead of on top of it.

Or maybe you just got griefed, who knows.

I think the update broke the hearts and focus of many players. I was pretty appalled for a few days then found a good new seed and have been working on that ever since.

• Capn_Franky 9 Nov 2012 14:56:12 61 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The new world generation is all screwed up in my opinion, it doesn't work as well in a limited world when compared to the pc version.

I've stuck to my old world yet snow has taken over 20% of the environment which would have annoyed me if I'd have already had snow. Currently I'm trying to build an epic town with the intention for it to span the world, I know I'll fail.

I hoped we could place mob spawned with creative mode too so I could create some adventures but this is sadly not the case.
  • ubergine 9 Nov 2012 15:03:14 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm told we will eventually be getting "spawn eggs" added to creative, but not mob spawner blocks. You can put spawn eggs in a dispenser and when activated a mob will pop out, so adventure maps could have pressure plates down a corridor then you discover a room full of skeletons and zombies at the end of it.

• ubergine 9 Nov 2012 15:10:41 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also: bug patch goes into certification within days apparently:

https://mobile.twitter.com/4JStudios/status/266571388335292416

• Capn_Franky 9 Nov 2012 18:09:31 61 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That's good to know, hopefully we will get testificates and their eggs too, make my village feel alive for once.
  • ubergine 10 Nov 2012 07:06:56 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ost recent first.

Change log for 1.8.2 Bug Fix Title Update (TU6)

Changes and Additions:-

- Added an option to clear the quick select bar in the creative interface.
    - Added an option to enable or disable bedrock fog, and set to off by default.
    - Added an option to toggle the HUD off/on.
    - Added an option to turn the player hand off/on.
    - Added a crafting recipe for Golden Apples.
    - Added a crafting recipe for Pumpkin Seeds.
    - Made cakes stackable.
    - Added a How To Play page for Host and Player options.

Fixes:-

- Fix for a problem with signs in online games causing crashes.
    - Fix for save renaming deleting the wrong save due to input received during the confirmation flow.
    - Fix to the mob generation code to increase the number of animals in the world.
    - Fix for chests being incorrectly lit, and rotated for maps from previous versions.
    - Fix for problem with the eating animation being shown for players who weren't eating.
    - Fix for problem with chest lids not behaving properly.
    - Fix for animals looking like they were taking damage when they shouldn't.
    - Fix for some sounds not playing when the player has an empty hand.
    - Fix for lever sounds.
    - Fix for fence gate sounds.
    - Fix for splitscreen players sometimes having their settings zeroed.
    - Fix for being damaged while flying over lava.
    - Fix to stop lava, milk and water buckets being empty after use in creative mode.
    - Fix for Leader of the Pack achievement being awarded incorrectly.
    - Fix for leaderboard stats issue where value stored was incorrect.
    - Fix for hitbox problems with glass panes and iron fence.
    - Fix for small character display changing color to green.
    - Fix for map rendering incorrectly in some situations with clouds disabled.
    - Fix for block rendering problem at the edge of the map.
    - Fix for splitscreen players not being able to mine in the tutorial.
    - Fix for players not being able to sprint/sprint-fly in creative mode if the player was previously in survival mode with a low food bar.
    - Fix for arrow damage not being ignored when PvP is turned off.
    - Fix for activated pressure plates not working correctly.
    - Fix for the low food bar hint appearing when loading a game in creative mode (usually the tutorial world saves).
    - Fix to remove the player shadow when the Invisible option in the Host Privileges is used.
    - Fix for Red Roses not being generated on the terrain.
    - Fix for paintings being pushed by pistons.
    - Fix so that players who can't eat, due to the Trust Players option being off, do not get exhausted.
    - Fix for the interface disappearing after a Share to Facebook action.
    - Fix to limit the number of Slimes, Ghasts and Silverfish that can be spawned in a world.
    - Fix for the cursor position in creative mode being able to go offscreen.
    - Fix for players showing on maps when they should not be, after the player dies and respawns.
    - Fix for capes displaying wrongly when sprint-flying.
    - Fix for capes not displaying in the Nether.
    - Fix for capes not displaying when the player respawns.
    - Fix for tools taking damage in Creative Mode.
    - Fix so Bows don't need or use up Arrows in Creative Mode.
    - Reduced the volume of the chest open/close sound effect.
    This has just gone for certification so maybe end of next week or week after.

• ubergine 15 Nov 2012 08:24:06 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    patch is out.

• AcidSnake 15 Nov 2012 09:07:06 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And I'd removed all signs!

Ah well...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• ubergine 15 Nov 2012 11:47:00 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd become so used to the rare passive mobs that now they are a plague.

• ubergine 15 Nov 2012 16:16:09 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, I've had to fence off all my farms. An unexpected surprise was they also fixed the hitboxes for fences, should make a big difference in mineshaft exploration/combat although it also means you can walk through diagonal gaps in fence posts so might need checking. I have my pumpkins in a fenced fortress which is no longer necessary since we can now craft pumpkin seeds from pumpkins.

• ubergine 7 Dec 2012 00:08:33 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Title Update 7 will mainly have the features from the Java version 1.0.1, but without “The End”, which will come in the 8th Title Update.

The key additions are:
    > Animal Breeding
    > Potion Brewing
    > Experience Points
    > Enchantment Table
    > Mushroom Biome
    > Nether Fortress
    > New Tutorial World
    > Villagers
    > Mooshrooms
    > Blaze
    > Snow Golems
    > Magma Cubes
    > Baby Animals
    Stay tuned for more details coming soon!"

• INSOMANiAC 10 Dec 2012 00:25:09 3,829 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Games-/139973/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=minecraft

wtf is this all about, demo discs going for 40 quid a pop

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• DFawkes 10 Dec 2012 01:00:28 22,584 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't understand. That's this back issue. You can buy it directly from the publisher right there for £5.99, and it's just a demo disc. Did they accidentally make the demos unlock the full games or something?

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• S.J.Rogers 10 Dec 2012 11:55:50 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    "Title Update 7 will mainly have the features from the Java version 1.0.1, but without “The End”, which will come in the 8th Title Update.

The key additions are:
    > Animal Breeding
    > Potion Brewing
    > Experience Points
    > Enchantment Table
    > Mushroom Biome
    > Nether Fortress
    > New Tutorial World
    > Villagers
    > Mooshrooms
    > Blaze
    > Snow Golems
    > Magma Cubes
    > Baby Animals
    Cool...

Any news on a date yet..?
  • ubergine 11 Dec 2012 15:06:51 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not yet. There's some speculation that it could be around Christmas, but that speculation is coming from me and I seem to be the only person who even believes it's possible.

• LeoliansBro 11 Dec 2012 15:11:46 43,173 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's overcomplicated and has lost its way. It's a 1971 E-Type, and the original is a 1964 E-Type.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• ubergine 12 Dec 2012 08:26:18 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found the transition into 1.8.2 extremely jarring and it effectively killed the game for everyone in this thread it seems, and many others who had heavily invested in single worlds. I think the reason I survived though was 1) I'd already built in maybe four of my own worlds and built in other people's worlds, and inherently saw the builds as disposable or freely given away and 2) I played 1.8.2 in an increasing amount of despair for a couple of days until I lucked on to a good seed and a solution to the inherent problems with the game before it was patched last month.

I could also add that a lot of my play has been about exploring new seeds, but that really only helped with letting go of my old worlds. 1.8.2 seeds are basically zero fun to explore, which brings the game back to a more pure focus on building and resource gathering. (arguably it is fun to find mineshafts and strongholds and villages, but they aren't that interesting to explore but rather to plunder for unique items or renovate.)

• LeoliansBro 12 Dec 2012 08:47:04 43,173 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All that is true, but I can't get past the fact that with every patch they create a layer that makes the game more inaccessible. Bravo for their intention in adding things, but the added complexity directly takes away the core fun of the game.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• AcidSnake 12 Dec 2012 08:56:11 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For me it was just having reached the point where I'd done pretty much everything...
    So no ideas anymore for buildings and seed fully explored...
    Combined with the new seeds not being all that good it did put the game in coma for me...

Still one of the best games this year though and absolutely recommended...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• S.J.Rogers 12 Dec 2012 09:24:38 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whats a good seed with Strongholds and villages to explore..?
  • Red_Bool 12 Dec 2012 09:27:18 1,173 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I basically stopped playing when my kids found out about creative mode and I gave them a world of their own. I still would like to finish some of my creations in out original (regular) world, but they insist on playing in their own world :(

By the way, I used "NeverNeverLand" (not sure about the capitals) as seed for their world and it looks absolutely awesome :)

I would have liked some advanced options to select what I want and don't want in my world. A lot of the new features I really don't care about.
  • ubergine 12 Dec 2012 09:34:05 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Certainly AcidWorld was much further along than any single world I have (maybe not even combined, I've hardly had anyone else build anything in my worlds) it would be good if they implement file sharing and it can pass on to new generations.

LeoliansBro wrote:
    All that is true, but I can't get past the fact that with every patch they create a layer that makes the game more inaccessible. Bravo for their intention in adding things, but the added complexity directly takes away the core fun of the game.
    I can't really see that. The current state of seed generation is a loss in some ways, but not because it is more complicated! (it's actually horribly simplistic in comparison, but looks like it will improve markedly as they head towards title update 8.)

Any complexity they've added seem purely optional. You don't HAVE to use new blocks or pistons. The eating / healing mechanic is different, but if anything it is actually EASIER than lugging food around to heal (I have one stack of food in my inventory, not taking up 4 slots like before with constant need to get more.)

Breeding may annoy when it comes in (if they turn off passive mob spawns) but only for getting wool.

The core gameplay - resource gathering, farming, building - is exactly the same as it was when the game launched. There's just more options available to the player now.

• ubergine 18 Dec 2012 05:52:00 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Update due Dec 19th.

Merry Christmas!

ubergine wrote:

The key additions are:
    > Animal Breeding
    > Potion Brewing
    > Experience Points
    > Enchantment Table
    > Mushroom Biome
    > Nether Fortress
    > New Tutorial World
    > Villagers
    > Mooshrooms
    > Blaze
    > Snow Golems
    > Magma Cubes
    > Baby Animals

• S.J.Rogers 18 Dec 2012 09:28:03 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cool...

I just wish that Minecraft did'nt give me bad motion sickness... :(
  • ubergine 18 Dec 2012 11:16:37 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    With most first person console games I have to blink when I "look" left and right in the game.

I think it's to do with low frame rates on consoles these days. I first noticed recently with borderlands 2 that I shut my eyes whenever I turn, must have been doing it reflexively for years, since noticed I do it in most fp games on 360.

• ubergine 21 Dec 2012 00:47:57 2,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Update is out, and now it's getting harder than ever to find the perfect seed, because now you want one with a good Nether Fortress as well as good mineshafts and stronghold, not to mention a nice overworld layout.

Best I've found so far is His Dark Materials, though I haven't confirmed a mineshaft yet.

I also got a pretty great overworld in a random seed but there's no nether fortress to be found (you need a decent nf because its the only way to get vital potion ingredients in a survival world. You COULD simply use creative mode to tip in nether wort and blaze rods)

• Page

of 69 First / Last