Minecraft XBLA Page 59

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• andytheadequate 18 Oct 2012 00:30:24 8,081 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Visit other peoples worlds or go on YouTube.

I have a similar problem with lack of imagination. Best thing I've built is a rugby pitch and surrounding stadium
  • Khanivor 18 Oct 2012 00:44:22 40,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been waiting for the patch to play again; got a bit bored with it all. Plus, when I don't play the kid still does and when I get back all my diamonds have 'been lost'...
  • ubergine 18 Oct 2012 06:30:28 2,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okay, here's post I made over at minecraft forums for anyone having trouble finding a good seed:

Here's a seed an online friend lucked onto at random:

In this pic, I'm in the village you spawn in. There are many around the map, mostly in good condition (one small borked one against the south western border!)

Directly below the village you spawn in is an epic mineshaft with pumpkin and melon seeds. So far I've found three cave spider spawners and three chests with pumpkin and melon seeds, and took a break from searching through it after some hours! Finding wool for beds at the game's beginning won't be a problem because you can just collect the abundance of cobwebs and make wool from the string.

There's also a pretty great village in the desert in the centre if you wanted to reset the spawn point to there.

There's an underseas mineshaft visible at night in the ocean northeast of the village. I've also found another mineshaft to the west of the snowy island in the north of the map.

Here's some coordinates:

Chests with pumpin seeds:

x96 y28 z315

x117 y24 z389

Melon seeds:

x135 y26 z399

cave spider spawners:

x149 y29 z336

x117 y27 z378

x116 y27 z371

diamonds:

x121 y13 z343

x147 y12 z355

Beginning of another mineshaft, diamonds:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 18 Oct 2012 11:23:48 2,431 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nooooooooo! What have they done?!!!! They've broken Minecraft!
    No sheep or cows, 2 pigs on the whole map...it's almost constantly effin snowing and all my water is freezing - even in the desert...what the bloody hell happened?
    Could it just be an old world? Am I going to have to start over again for it to work properly?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• AcidSnake 18 Oct 2012 11:30:57 7,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    With the amount of people playing this I'm sure they'll fix the bugs sooner rather than later...

They'd better...therwise our old world is doomed (though I have a clean, ungenerated copy saved in case)...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• ubergine 18 Oct 2012 13:45:33 2,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    if you haven't generated it, it'll be in 1.8 generation I would think.

I haven't checked my eggmilf world yet but the weather changes in my other ones made me want to just let them go. I think I enjoy the survival and team playing more than building unrealistic things so much.

The mob spawns can be a huge issue but it seems very fickle. Capture one cow though and you have milk forever, coral a chicken and throw eggs for random chance to get more (once the number build up they produce stacks of eggs, then start culling some for feather and meat).

Sheep for beds can be a major issue. Capturing them is useless for now as it turns out their wool never grows back! fixed in later update apparently... Best solution I can come up with is to go straight to a mineshaft or kill as many spiders as you can, 4 string = one wool.

Edited by ubergine at 13:46:44 18-10-2012

• fletch7100 18 Oct 2012 14:01:43 6,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haven't played this in ages. Basically looking at this thread and thinking what is everyone talking about :) EGGMILF world ??

Got a long period of playing time for this with Redundandcy due at Xmas. So think this could be a good time sink for me over the start of the new year.
  • fletch7100 18 Oct 2012 14:03:07 6,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago

Edited by fletch7100 at 14:03:42 18-10-2012
  • Mr-Brett 18 Oct 2012 14:09:54 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry to hear about that fletch :(

EGGMILF is the name of the old BC2/BF3 erm 'group' (clan might be overstating it), Acid used it as the seed for his world which sort of became the EG world.

Portable view - Never forget.

• fletch7100 18 Oct 2012 14:12:33 6,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mr-Brett

No worries. Never put much time into this, started off doing the usual building a giant pyramid. Then shiny new games distracted me. Just new to all this different seed malarkey with the game.

Shall set some time for minecraft study days over upcoming weeks

Edited by fletch7100 at 14:15:55 18-10-2012
  • andytheadequate 18 Oct 2012 14:14:26 8,081 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It sounds like Brett is embarrassed that he was part of a clan called EGGMILF. I can't imagine why :D

The EGGMILF seed just happened to be an excellent world so we stuck with it. Unfortunately the new patch appears to have broken it
  • Mr-Brett 18 Oct 2012 14:19:55 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm more embarrassed to say I was in a clan than that it was called EGGMILF.

• AcidSnake 18 Oct 2012 14:21:04 7,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry about that Fletch, hope you find something new soon...

Yeah, EGGMILF is our collaborative world with contributions from Andy (the adequate), Brett, Andy (c), ubergine, Leolian's Bro, agparrot, robthehermit & mrs hermit, Cpt Franky, haveasafeday, good ole' MadGod and a whole bunch of visitors more...

It's quite a varied world with one hell of a nice seed...Unfortunately as of the latest patch it's dead and crashes the xbox...

@ubergine:
    I booted the world up, walked around near the spawn and turned it back off...So it should generate as an old seed from there on in?...But with clay?...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• robthehermit 18 Oct 2012 14:22:53 3,984 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The new patch seems to have broken everything. Started a new world, and everything looks fugly. Far more grass and whatnot than there used to be, it all just looks so untidy.

I started our now world proper at lunchtime, and talked Mrs Hermit through the concepts of eating and running away from monsters etc. This being her first foray into easy. Got a phone call just after I arrived back at work. In the 10 minutes I'd been gone, she'd got herself killed 3 times, had her house and bed blown up by a creeper and as such had spawned in the middle of nowhere with no equipment. Had to talk her through quitting without saving and restarting on peaceful. She's decided that there can only be monsters when I'm there to protect her.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• 4gate 18 Oct 2012 14:58:58 362 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm not even going to run this patch, the thought of 40 odd neatly laid out large chests sticking out of walls makes my blood run cold, will wait for a fix.
  • teamHAM 18 Oct 2012 18:46:25 2,764 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just loaded this up tonight. Created a new world. Random seed. It generated basically a waterworld (with the ocean biome I guess). The map is about 90% ocean with a small handful of islands dotted about the map and about 5 trees on the whole map.

If anyone is interested in that sort of thing, maybe to make underwater cities or whatever, then its -1326490504296575536.

Edited by teamHAM at 18:47:13 18-10-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• ubergine 18 Oct 2012 19:09:31 2,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake Unfortunately, no. The areas you walked around in will have generate and be saved that way. The unformed chunks will generate in 1.8.2 form as far as I understand, but I imagine they won't have the structures. The result could be interersting, or just quite weird.

I didn't get around to exploring the new eggmilf, it's a good "survival island" map now though.

Honestly, after finding a decent 1.8 seed and coming to grips with the new idiosyncrasies of the game, I probably won't play my old seeds anyway - though lucky me mine still work, if a bit estranged now due to the weather changes.

The abandoned mineshafts are pretty fun to explore, and the need for food has suddenly turned it into more of a city management kind of game with food production and defense a priority. For carefree / freeform building there's creative mode.

• CrispyLog 19 Oct 2012 02:59:44 114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought they would have put breeding online at the same time they brought hunger into it, seems a bit cruel not to. I'm tired of eating bread, I want to eat some meat!
  • AcidSnake 19 Oct 2012 08:36:08 7,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ubergine:
    So the old empty EGGMILF could suddenly become a hybrid? That's interesting in itself...
    I'm sure it loaded the mountain where the main village is located and Andy's castle area as well...

I'll try that out if I get a chance tonight...

• ubergine 19 Oct 2012 09:27:32 2,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    you might wind up with an awesome moutain surrounded by ocean!

• ubergine 19 Oct 2012 09:33:13 2,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake " Old worlds crashing when loaded into 1.8

Loading pre 1.8 worlds cant sometimes cause a crash.

Temporary Workaround: Loading the save as an Offline world should stop the world from crashing.
    While in Offline mode Remove signs from the world."

• AcidSnake 19 Oct 2012 09:45:21 7,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ...Oh crap...
    We have a shitload of signs...
    The whole autotour, Brett's waterblocking method...

I believe you've used them as well in your ice castle area right?

Can I then at least replace the signs in online mode or do they have to be removed permanently?

• ubergine 19 Oct 2012 10:32:25 2,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have no idea, I just read that in the first post of the bugs thread I linked to earlier. The devs update it with new information sometimes.

I think there's only one sign on the island, which was actually there when I got there. I just expanded on someone's little exploration-shelter (though I did knock the sign down and put new text on it, it originally just said "shelter"

Wait! Just realised there's two more: one above communal chest in the shelter and one above my chest of stuff I don't want people to take. it's carefully hidden.

• AcidSnake 19 Oct 2012 10:39:27 7,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :) I remember the carefully hidden one...

Right, looks like tonight I'll head off and try to fix our world...

So right now I'd like to launch a referendum for the populace of our world...
    Should I boot up creative mode and copy in a single vine? We'd lose leaderboards (not too fussed) but also the ability to pop the rail distance achievement for anyone joining...

Any thoughts?

(I could just as easily copy in some melon/pumpkin seeds too, but I hope those items are now possible to find in dungeons that we haven't visited yet)

• andytheadequate 19 Oct 2012 10:55:53 8,081 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't care about leaderboards and achievements so I vote yes
  • hypoBla5t 19 Oct 2012 12:45:58 1,362 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does this patch add creative mode peeps?
  • fletch7100 19 Oct 2012 12:49:52 6,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @hypoBla5t

Yes I believe it does
  • AcidSnake 19 Oct 2012 13:30:08 7,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @hypo:
    Yep, it does indeed...

So far we have one vote in our referendum...I'll check the results again prior to trying to fix our world in offline mode tonight...

• Mr-Brett 19 Oct 2012 13:48:10 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know I'm not on much but I assume I still get a vote so I'll say yes, fix it and screw leaderchivements.

• AcidSnake 19 Oct 2012 14:09:31 7,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone who has visited the world and would like to visit again gets a vote...
    You, Brett, get one of the limited "Awesome votes" (counts as regular vote, but is more awesome)

However this isn't about fixing it (which can and will be done in survival mode) this is about activating creative mode to import the new items which cannot be crafted (vines and maybe some seeds basically)...

• Page

of 69 First / Last