Minecraft XBLA Page 58

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• robthehermit 16 Oct 2012 09:24:23 3,966 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yay and woot.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• AcidSnake 16 Oct 2012 09:28:13 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hope this rekindles my love for the game, I am currently uninspired...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• robthehermit 16 Oct 2012 09:43:24 3,966 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As I said earlier, we've only ever really played on peaceful, which is ok, but I'm not the most imaginative soul, so I inevitably end up digging massive holes. It's quite relaxing actually. Mrs Hermit likes to explore and discover new caves and for a while now we've been toying with the idea of starting a new world with monsters roaming about, but held off until the update.

Really looking forward to breaking some new ground and having to design stuff so that the beasties don't get in. Speaking of which, did they ever fix that double door problem?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• HandsomeCrab 16 Oct 2012 09:45:58 278 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OXM says 10am for the update.

Linky

GT: carlmadin

• ubergine 16 Oct 2012 10:24:30 2,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robthehermit No. The solution is just to make bedrooms in a house that have a single door. Or make a piston double door!

I tend to have double doors and a bedroom upstairs with a single door, or make a hotel with multiple rooms.

Since you are married you are allowed to make a double bed in one room.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• andyc1980 16 Oct 2012 10:50:54 1,085 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Update live now in some places. I have it.

@ubergine. I guess u are also ubergine over on the MC forums
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 11:24:07
    Yeah updated mine too.

Like robthehermit, I've been waiting for this latest update to restart a new world (I don't even have clay in my original world) but the thought of pouring 100s of hours once again to this digital crack has put me off playing it so far today.
  • kingcrowbar 16 Oct 2012 12:01:57 911 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just realised that the seeds have changed so no old map with new shiny :(

But the new map from the same seed looks nice and varied.

Create mode sprint-flying makes scouting the place before deciding whether to keep it or not much quicker.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 18:06:45
    My kids went ape shit when they saw the update. Early Christmas.
  • richardiox 16 Oct 2012 18:51:31 5,541 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone got a changelog for this update?
  • ubergine 16 Oct 2012 18:54:57 2,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tips from Minecraft forums: chests in old worlds turn black (haven't looked myself yet) - fix it by placing a torch, this causes the block to "update" and right itself. (the same effect as placing a torch on or next to oddly suspended sand, gravel and water blocks, will update the block and they collapse/flow.)

The seed eggmilf when generated anew appears to be a survival map now. resetting the spawn point (generate world, exit without saving, enter world again) puts you on the ocean bottom near an island with one tree on it. You'll probably starve to death. Under the island is a big cave system, not sure how extensive yet.

• Deleted user 16 October 2012 18:57:09
    richardiox wrote:
    Anyone got a changelog for this update?
    edit: hmm, that link seems broke :(

edit 2: front page now has the info
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-16-minecraft-adds-creative-mode-to-the-xbox-360-version

Edited by Ironlungs76 at 19:05:47 16-10-2012

Edited by Ironlungs76 at 19:13:13 16-10-2012
  • AcidSnake 16 Oct 2012 19:10:42 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Noticed the black chests too...Also noticed that the game crashes whenever I get near the central station...

Not sure about this...Looks like eggmilf classic might be broken now? :(

The new eggmilf is a dull, flat world with waaaaaaay too much water...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• ubergine 17 Oct 2012 02:15:42 2,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I tried "ubergine" as a seed and haven't been far, but there's npc villages EVERYWHERE it seems.

• ubergine 17 Oct 2012 02:18:27 2,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake is that where your most extensive building is concentrated?

I'll post it up on the bugs thread if you've some more info.

• ubergine 17 Oct 2012 09:02:15 2,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okay, there's some really good features in the update but they basically broke the game. Sheep just don't spawn. They can't have bug tested it, or play tested it if this is actually a horrible feature instead of a bug.

I'm using ubergine as a seed, it's pretty good so far. Best approach seems to be to generate the world, exit without saving, then when you reload you will spawn in an npc village in the centre of plains, with a bunch of wheat farms ready to go. BUT, there are no beds. And there are no passive mobs. you can find them but they are incredibly rare.

I've found that waterways are teeming with squid though, and i'm wondering if there's a set cap to passive mobs and the squid are taking up all the slots. the water is very deep now and killing them without drowning is a huge chore.

Basically, if you find a sheep, coral it immediatly with some blocks and come back to it to shear when it's wool grows back. I found a sheep and killed it after shearing in the hope a new one would spawn, never saw another sheep again in weeks and weeks of in-game searching. waiting out the night is shithouse.

• AcidSnake 17 Oct 2012 09:08:00 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ubergine:
    It's where the central station is...

It's basically 6 lava falls encased in glass for the most part with some netherrack burning beneath it...

Also it has a chest surrounded by glass as well on 2 sides...No easy place to put a torch up unless I put another block there first...

Wouldn't be a big deal just smashing and replacing it but it crashes when I get there...

TBH it sounds like some bugs have appeared...Hop they get fixed soon...
    Have you got a link to the bug forum? I would like to see if anyone else has these problems...

• andytheadequate 17 Oct 2012 10:02:31 8,076 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can't believe they've broken our world!

They better fix it otherwise I'm not sure I'd have the motivation to play again...
  • AcidSnake 17 Oct 2012 10:19:52 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if I can't float over in creative and smash whatever is bugging the world...

Also disheartening to see that most of the new stuff won't appear in the old world...Melons! Pumpkinseeds!...

• Red_Bool 17 Oct 2012 11:29:59 1,173 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @AcidSnake - my kids went crazy in creative mode, but beware: if you enter your existing world in creative mode once, your achievements and leaderboard stats no longer count.

I'm currently working on a huge mansion in my orginal world which is taking way too much time. Worst timin of an update *ever*
  • AcidSnake 17 Oct 2012 11:42:10 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, I have all the achievements and don't really care about leaderboards (it's not a game where you need to win at anything anyway), so maybe I'll just drop some seeds and some vines in and go back to survival...

If we can boot up our world that is...

Now with creative mode it just springs to mind that Lego should have really bought out Mojang when MC started becoming a hit...

• SuperJoon 17 Oct 2012 12:12:33 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Enjoying the update so far, haven't played much but managed to have a quick go on creative and blow a huge hole through a mountain and destroy a village... quite satisfactory!
  • Red_Bool 17 Oct 2012 15:16:25 1,173 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @AcidSnake Minecraft Lego
  • AcidSnake 17 Oct 2012 15:31:49 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Red_Bool:
    :) Never seen that!
    Sure has changed since I played with Lego...

• Red_Bool 17 Oct 2012 16:24:27 1,173 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @AcidSnake - have a look at Lego Cuusoo. It's like kickstarter for lego: submit an idea/model, get enough followers (people who like your idea) and it gets a chance of becoming a real lego box you can buy. This is how the Lego Minecraft set became reality. There are quite some game themed ideas - you'll love the Portal one! :)
  • ubergine 17 Oct 2012 16:43:31 2,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I hadn't personally looked at the bugged chests myself earlier. They are also turned to face one direction for some reason, must be some... x factor... or possibly z factor.

Anyway, you can only fix that by smashing and re-placing them.

I'm wondering if the crash isn't caused by the chest turning in to the glass blocks.

Acid, have a go at getting a guest to go to the station and smash the stuff. It's possible that as a non-host they may be able to go there whereas you just crash. I have nothing to back that up but it seems worth a try?

Also, I've found through a friend a very, very good 1.8.2 seed. You spawn in a village with wheat farms, beneath which is an epic mineshaft (must be at least two intertwined) with pumpkin and melon seeds in chests (and hundreds of fence posts, rails and ore to loot) and epic adventure in general, and the overall world map is excellent, with all terrain types represented and set out in a cool way (and a winter island in the north!)

I'll post the number up when I'm back at my notes, with some coordinates.

Basically, the way around horrible sheep shortages is to find a mineshaft and harvest the cobwebs for string, then make the string into wool. From this particular mineshaft you can get hundreds of string!

Edited by ubergine at 16:48:38 17-10-2012

• ubergine 17 Oct 2012 16:53:53 2,028 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1523661-mcxbla-official-known-bugs-list-updated-for-182/

• AcidSnake 17 Oct 2012 17:01:20 7,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ubergine:
    Yep, there it is...Crashes...

Anyway I was wondering, if you haven't yet opened a chest in a dungeon it could now theoretically spawn melon and pumpkin seeds?
    So we'd only miss out on vines...

• Red_Bool 17 Oct 2012 17:25:16 1,173 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ubergine - thanks for that list! In my world I only had the black chest bug (so far) as well as chests being rotated (so double-size chests got rotated 90 degrees and stuck out of a wall)

I'm trying yo convince my kids to come back to our original world, but having given them a new world in creative mode they went completely nuts: gold flooring, huge brick walls, "look dad, I can fly!", they have gone too far to the dark side ;)
  • steve242526 17 Oct 2012 22:26:19 132 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Much as I've been waiting for Creative, I've now realised I'm not creative in the feckin slightest ! :D I've just built the same type of 4 sided tall building that I've done in all my other worlds ! Really need to think what to do in it now. Any ideas ?
  • Page

of 69 First / Last