Minecraft XBLA Page 57

• Page

of 68 First / Last

• andytheadequate 4 Oct 2012 12:25:23 7,951 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Acid did enjoy murdering old Rover a bit too much...
  • AcidSnake 4 Oct 2012 12:53:39 7,137 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Poor bastards...I liked having a few wolves at all my projects...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• ubergine 4 Oct 2012 13:25:11 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    I am assuming it's pigs and other animals that are trampling my crops, can I stop this? I put a fence up, but they just spawn inside. I want to make more cakes damn it pigs! Be reasonable.
    Here's a pic of a wheat/cane farm I made. There's torches on the fence which prevents hostile mobs tramping at night, and removing all grass blocks (apart from those with cane on them) prevents daytime mobs spawning in there as well. Note the pathway is made of sand, you can use anything that isn't grass basically.

I've noticed that so long as you have a water block irrigating an area, you can hoe it and it won't revert unless trampled... or maybe if grass is connected, haven't tested that. Fencing will protect against grass spreading if my farm is any indication, it took me ages to generate enough seeds to have the whole thing going and the furrows just waited patiently for many days.

Edited by ubergine at 13:25:45 04-10-2012

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Deleted user 5 October 2012 10:32:04
    That's a lovely looking little farm you've got there! I am building a sort-of floating village, so it's taking more time gathering soil blocks but it's getting there. I shall certainly be trying something like your farm, eventually. Did you flatten all that land yourself? I did something similar on the PC version a couple of years ago, got the wrong kind of world this time, lots of water.
  • ubergine 5 Oct 2012 15:24:53 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I flattened it. my modus operandi up to now has been to make a single building in remote areas of the map, thought I'd try my hand at a village. I've just tried making a cake shop across from the farmhouse and hate it.

I'm thinking I should just make plots of land and streets and get other people in to build whatever while I set heavy taxes and control the food supply.

Edited by ubergine at 15:25:51 05-10-2012

• Deleted user 5 October 2012 21:00:10
    I was thinking of an economy system the other day where you could sell things to friends on live. How would you make money though, beside selling things?
  • andyc1980 5 Oct 2012 21:12:48 1,047 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If u put fences underneath the block the crops are growing on it can't be trampled anymore.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 22:48:59
    Ah, nice tip! Could be a bit tricky where I was going to grow crops, will have to relocate somewhere easier to do that.
  • ubergine 6 Oct 2012 01:10:26 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    for currency, it depends on whether you want to use creative. If you don't, I'd be looking for something which is useful yet mildly difficult to obtain in large amounts, to avoid the economy getting out of control. Bit of flint or arrows for example. Someone once suggestion squid ink. Lime green wool maybe: Cactus green is easy enough to produce but getting huge amounts of bonemeal can be hard - and impossible if you switch to peaceful!

• ubergine 10 Oct 2012 13:04:36 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm doing some tests to see how many nether portals you can put into an overworld without them binding to the same portal in the nether. In my version of eggmilf I've a nether portal on the NE corner island, and found that if you go to just about z:0 you can place another one, which probably means I can also place one in the very south eastern corner, and possibly a total of nine on the whole map but their distance apart would be very prescribed.

In hindsight it was a bit ill-conceived of me to place a nether portal in Acid's world because I don't know where or if there is another one, so it's just lucky it worked out okay. I found that, while making a safe path through the nether is difficult, once it's there you can cross a huge distance on the overworld in moments.

• AcidSnake 10 Oct 2012 13:51:14 7,137 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I haven't found your portal but I did find a lot of netherrack so I'd assumed you'd built one...

Our original portal is semi-hidden near where you made the stringfarm...I'd say it's about halfway between your ice-area and the bottom of the map...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Red_Bool 10 Oct 2012 14:02:36 1,142 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Question: I'd like my 2 kids to be able play around in our world (local MP) using their own (offline) profiles. The world is created by me, but when I sign in as one of them, the world doesn't show up (which can be explained of course). Is there another way?

Right now one of them will be using my character and inadvertently use/loose parts of my inventory :)

I did some searching but either my search terms are useless or I have a real corner-case here.

And before someone mentions it: my TV is not big enough for make 4 player split screen playable - at 32" WXGA split screen is already pushing it.
  • AcidSnake 10 Oct 2012 14:31:33 7,137 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sure if you can simply copy and paste your saved world (doubt it TBH) and even if you did the two world would then be different depending on who plays it...

Best bet is to put all your valuable stuff in a chest somewhere and let one of them join with your profile...

• 4gate 10 Oct 2012 14:56:23 362 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You could cloud-save your world, then when they play and save the offline copy on the 360, you can check to see if they've trashed anything, and if so overwrite the local version with the cloud copy.
  • Red_Bool 10 Oct 2012 15:00:47 1,142 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers guys! Unless someone puts in a better solution I'll go with Acids' suggestion and make sure my valuables are safely stowed away somewhere (including a spare map) :)
  • AcidSnake 10 Oct 2012 15:06:03 7,137 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a hidden storage room in the middle of nowhere marked by 4 flowers...Remove the block of dirt and you'll uncover a ladder heading down to a simple room with some chests...

Of course if anyone ever picks the flowers I'm going to have to start digging at random in that area...

• S.J.Rogers 10 Oct 2012 15:11:19 3,557 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He He He... o_O O_o
  • ubergine 10 Oct 2012 18:08:33 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake Incidentally, the string farm is precisely how far away from the portal I made you need to be to make another portal. Here's an interesting thing though: you are limited with making portals in the over world, BUT, if you make new portals in the nether instead, you can make more! So, in my version of eggmilf, I have a portal at z-391 (it's much the same in yours - go up the stairs behind the lava fall on the island) and made a second one at z:0 due south of it. Then I went into the nether and made a portal about halfway in between and (through much placing and reloading before finally saving one) got it to appear at z-213 in the over world, on top of a mountain I'm building at.

You don't seem to be able to predict at what height/Y level the portal will appear, but it seems you may be able to do some kind of precise calculation (which we are discussing on Minecraft Forums) that will let you put portals exactly where you want.

• Capn_Franky 14 Oct 2012 19:15:37 61 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago

My mine cart system, the top button calls for the cart, the bottom one sends it. We use it to quickly send/receive items to people deep in the mines without having to travel all the way to them.

I tried linking it with just one button that reacts according to where the minecraft was, but despite the correct rails lighting up, I believe the redstone repeaters sent signals the wrong way, does anyone know if it's possible to create a one button minecaft system for future knowledge?

Edited by Capn_Franky at 19:16:02 14-10-2012

Edited by Capn_Franky at 19:17:07 14-10-2012
  • Mr-Brett 14 Oct 2012 20:12:56 12,676 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How does it call for a cart? do you send a signal all the way from one end to the other?

I remember finding a 2 way repeater design when I was coming up with the Brett solution, I lost the link but I did try it out in my practice world:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58492224/2012-10-14_20.11.38.png

Portable view - Never forget.

• Capn_Franky 14 Oct 2012 21:35:19 61 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Indeed, the exposed redstone that is touching the powered rail goes directly to a button at the other end via a long path of redstone and circuits, it's simply mirrored.

I desperately tried to hide the redstone but couldn't get it to work so settled with what I have now.

Did the two way repeater work properly then, and I'm guessing it would require a lot of space and concentration to commit the design over a long distance?
  • Mr-Brett 15 Oct 2012 12:55:01 12,676 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah the two way repeater works. It does require a 4x3x2 space and 6 redstone, 4 redstone torches and 2 normal repeaters so it's quite expensive with resources too. The design is fairly simple though, after making it a couple of times I'm sure it wouldn't be much trouble.

Portable view - Never forget.

• AcidSnake 15 Oct 2012 13:22:29 7,137 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm quite pleased with my small rail junction near Andy's farm and had indeed thought about simply sending a redstone signal to the other end but ruled against it when I realised I needed hundreds of redstone which I don't have...

• robthehermit 15 Oct 2012 14:18:17 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any official word on when the update is coming? Me and Mrs Hermit want to start a new world and play it with monsters and peril and stuff (in other words, properly). Seems pointless doing it at the moment if the update is imminent.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• ubergine 15 Oct 2012 15:12:15 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robthehermit The update is in the damned spirit realm of Microsoft Certification, where it has been or a bit over a week. Within reason, it should appear this week. I think the dashboard update starts ruling out this week too and I'm hoping that doesn't further delay 1.8.2 somehow.Last thing I care about is further dashboard abuse from Microsoft.

• AcidSnake 15 Oct 2012 15:18:05 7,137 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry about not starting up the game yesterday ubergine, but I was totally sucked into Vanquish at that time...

• robthehermit 15 Oct 2012 15:26:58 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ubergine

Cheers, hopefully it won't be too much longer. Looking forward to some new discoveries.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• ubergine 15 Oct 2012 15:35:49 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake That's okay, it was a smarter idea for me to go to bed anyway. I'm finding it easier to connect with Americans, as they appear to be ten hours ahead, or possibly fourteen hours behind, and the onus to stay up all night is on them. Which they seem willing to do!

• McGeeza 15 Oct 2012 21:27:50 914 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Update coming tomorrow. Woo and indeed hoo.
  • ubergine 16 Oct 2012 06:05:44 1,211 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If it rolls out globally at the same time as we're told America is getting it, then it's in about five hours. I'm not holding my breathe though, could be 24 hours after that. Being midweek I'm not as eager as I might have been on Friday.

• Page

of 68 First / Last