Minecraft XBLA Page 56

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• ubergine 1 Oct 2012 17:58:12 2,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh man, I should show you the tiny start I made to my own "deathtrap dungeon". The entrance looks kind of cool and one room is complete, but moving an arse load of lava there made it take forever for what was a tiny result.

Creative mode will be the key. If you like / care about leaderboards and achievements though, I'd recommend you do it in a new seed and keep eggmilf a pure map. I've actually done new generations on a couple of 1.7 seeds I like and explored them so I can use them with the new abilities in 1.8 (but not the terrain generation...)

The race to find awesome seeds again will be fun. Who knows, eggmilf may turn out to be terrific in both versions. I should post the seed number for my other favorite seed. I think the words were "Covenant, Unbeliever" (sans quotes but with comma) because initially thought to try and make Revelstone from the Thomas Covenant novels.

It has the best snow / forest / desert-plains balance I've ever seen, with almost the whole north winter and terrain that generally feels very natural. Downside is only a small (but serviceable) area for islands. Just about the only significant water area is a frozen lake in the north.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• andytheadequate 1 Oct 2012 18:03:28 8,181 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Will be interesting to see the new eggmilf, but can't bring myself to start a new world after all the work we've put in!

What new features will there be that don't require a new seed?
  • Capn_Franky 2 Oct 2012 22:56:52 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Farming animals, Hunger, new meats, stackable meats, new mobs, a few more craftable options for blocks and honestly I think that's it, new worlds will have underwater ravines, just a long deep open tunnel underground, strongholds which hold no real value in this update other than they are fun to find, and abandoned mine shafts which have rails and chests if you're lucky.

Honestly, just place the blocks you can get in your world via creative, then continue playing, you could make the strongholds and mine shafts in 2 mins.
  • ubergine 3 Oct 2012 01:18:25 2,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Change logs are ordered by most recent first.

Change log for 1.8.2 Title Update (TU5)

Features:-

- Added Creative Mode.
    - Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.
    - Added a simple tutorial for Creative Mode.
    - Added sprinting to Survival Mode.
    - Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative Mode.
    - Added new mobs - Enderman, Cave Spiders and Silverfish.
    - Added new items to the game - Melon, Melon Slice, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw/Cooked Beef, Raw/Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Pumpkin Seeds, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearl, Web, Vines, 10 more Music Discs, Sponge and Chain Armor.
    - Added new items to the crafting menu - Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Pane, Fence Gate, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
    - Added terrain generation features - Strongholds, Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts and Ravines.
    - Biome code additions, including rivers and oceans.
    - Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
    - Added a quick move to the dispenser.
    - Added a quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
    - Added a quick move for ingredients and fuel in the furnace interface.
    - Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
    - Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
    - Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
    - Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
    - Added the Food Bar to the HUD.
    - Added stacking for food items.
    - Added the eating animation.
    - Enabled crafting mushroom stew without a crafting table.
    - Added the blocking move with swords.
    - Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
    - Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
    - The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
    - Skeletons now hold full size bows.
    - Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
    - Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
    - Updated some mob sounds.
    - Shears can now collect Tall Grass and the new Vine.
    - Improved sunrise and sunset.
    - Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
    - User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
    - Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
    - Cloud movement syncs with the game's time.
    - Both Wooden and Stone pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
    - Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
    - Added a countdown timer to the autosave to stop it being such a surprise.
    - Added the ability to rename an existing saved world.
    - Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map.
    - Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
    - Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
    - Updated the How To Play HUD with the Food Bar information.
    - Added descriptions for Creative Mode and Sprinting to the How To Play menus.
    - Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
    - Added death messages.
    - Removed Herobrine.

Options Changes and Additions:-

- Changed the Gamertags Display option to mean display/hide gamertags in-game and on maps.
    - Added an option to select Creative Mode or Survival Mode on creating or loading a world.
    - Added an option to disable clouds.
    - Added additional options to the world creation - Superflat land (creates a flat world near bedrock in both the Overworld and the Nether), enable/disable Structures and Bonus Chest.
    - Added Host options - toggles for Player Versus Player, Trust Players to stop players being able to mine without permission from the Host, Fire Spread, TNT Explodes, and Host Privileges.
    - Added in-game player options for the host - Can Build and Mine, Moderator, Kick Player, Can Fly, Disable Exhaustion, Invisible.
    - Store the Online, Invite Only, and Friends of Friends options in the player's profile.

Tutorial World Changes:-

- Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
    - Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
    - Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
    - Added Music Disc Quests in the Tutorial world - players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the Music Discs that can be played in a Jukebox.

Fixes:-

- Fix for duplication glitch.
    - Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
    - Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
    - Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn't.
    - Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
    - Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.

Edited by ubergine at 18:13:04 03-10-2012

• ubergine 3 Oct 2012 08:56:14 2,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bumping, edited more complete version of the changelog into previous post.

• CrimsonSoul 3 Oct 2012 13:25:18 23 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hurrah for stackable food! And fence gates! And stone bricks! In fact, hurrah for it all!

No mention of larger maps but I'm not sure this is the complete list - there's no mention of the new mobs so maybe they forgot to add some items.

Edit: This link seems a bit more descriptive but still no mention of map sizes.

Edited by CrimsonSoul at 13:28:55 03-10-2012
  • Mr-Brett 3 Oct 2012 13:26:05 12,799 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if turning off clouds improves performance.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• AcidSnake 3 Oct 2012 13:51:21 7,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glad to say I've finally hit bedrock in the valley project...Quite an impressive view right now, though I'd still like to widen it out a bit as right now it's hard to see the bottom when you're at the top...

To be honest I've been losing interest in Minecraft the last few days and hope the update will respark some enthusiasm in me...It feels like we've built pretty much all we wanted to build...

Maybe because the projects I've been taking on in scope are way too much repetitive work to whip into shape...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Mr-Brett 3 Oct 2012 14:04:42 12,799 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After a while I started to feel the same. Which is why I prefer to work on problems and redstone contraptions instead of massive builds now.

• andytheadequate 3 Oct 2012 14:35:39 8,181 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Turning off clouds will make the village look better.

Perhaps we should go back to bc2 for a bit...
  • AcidSnake 3 Oct 2012 15:02:10 7,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BC2...Yeah, I vaguely remember that game...Africa harbour, valraparadiso, island innocents?

About the clouds, are they going to be updated so that they don't drift through walls?...I remember reading something similar...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• CrimsonSoul 3 Oct 2012 16:44:16 23 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @AcidSnake I certainly feel the same when mining constantly and I dread to think how much time you've spent digging out that valley (and how many picks you've got through).

I think that's why it good to have a few things on the go at once.

I'm hoping that creative mode will spark my redstone creativity as I won't have to worry about mining redstone and creating components.
  • Mr-Brett 3 Oct 2012 16:47:22 12,799 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Creative mode is great for that stuff, I have a world full of crazy contraptions on the PC. I'd make a video of it all but I don't think I could live with myself if I did, kinda like if we had eggmilf t-shirts or playing a tabletop game of warhammer. Some lines I won't cross, although I don't pretend that my lines aren't illogical and arbitrary.

• AcidSnake 3 Oct 2012 16:58:02 7,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Redstone infuriates me...I'm a programmer so I'm pretty much used to making very complex logical systems in code, but somehow when I get down to making redstone circuits I tend to stare at some blocks for a while and lose hope...

I was trying to make the portcullis work and only after about an hour of swearing, redirecting and repeating the damn redstone circuit did I realise it would never have worked...
    I can get the top pistons to move OK, it's the bottom ones that I have no idea how to expand and then retract in order...Even following the various youtube tutorials...

That said I'm quite proud of the cobblestone generator even though that circuit is pretty simple...

• Mr-Brett 3 Oct 2012 17:08:11 12,799 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Redstone is weird, I'm not sure how it parallels with programming. Obviously some people have built complex systems out of it but I imagine it's more like binary since you're just working with on/off signals?

As for the portcullis, I'd avoid anything that needs more than one extender. Double extenders aren't that much trouble but the simpler the better. Triple extenders though are just a complete ball-ache.

• ubergine 3 Oct 2012 17:41:47 2,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think acid has see my own portcullis in action though... It's fucking unreal frankly, you couldn't not want one.

I didn't check through those patch notes, just figured padaware would post the best ones. I'm pretty sure the ones I linked to mentioned endermen, cave spiders and... that third thing... nope, can't remember it.

I'm far more interested in the building and admin options!

**Edit**

Yeah, the linked notes are subtley different, and include
    - Added new mobs Enderman, Cave Spiders, and Silverfish
    but 4J have shown them off in videos and screencaps so there isn't really any doubt.

Edited by ubergine at 17:47:53 03-10-2012

• andytheadequate 3 Oct 2012 18:12:16 8,181 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr-Brett - if you didn't like the tshirts then you could just have said something, wouldn't have ordered the hats as well if I'd known! :D

My arbitary line is that I won't pay a monthly sub for a game.
  • ubergine 3 Oct 2012 18:14:27 2,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They reposted a fixed edition of the patch notes, which I've replaced my post above with.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 3 Oct 2012 21:30:30 2,434 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any idea on a date yet? Or have I missed that bit?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Mr-Brett 3 Oct 2012 22:45:37 12,799 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andytheadequate Oh no the hats are great, it's just the t-shirts I object to. The socks, pants, pencils, bed covers, bumper stickers, umbrellas and mugs are all fine too btw ;)

That's also a line I refuse to cross and means I don't feel (that) guilty for not really playing Guild Wars 2.

• ubergine 4 Oct 2012 02:33:17 2,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Daddy-Doom-Bar It's gone to Microsoft so tomorrow at the soonest and next Friday at the latest, I guess you could say.

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 07:51:16
    Very impressive .
  • AcidSnake 4 Oct 2012 09:08:54 7,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had a moment of inspiration last night with a railway addition to make Andy's new project more accessible...Jumped in, built the stuff, needed more and more space to make the redstone fit and just gave up...
    I'll fix it though...

Just preferred a nice game of BC2 instead...
    After being thrown in a game with idiots I got into a slightly better and balanced one...Won a few and the very last Arica Defence had me shouting at the screen again like old times...
    There were 9 others who stuck with it from the beginning and it ended with me having 5400 points and the next placed player had 1400...

On attack I was put in a squad with an asshat that tank-sniped the first B MCOM...So I quit and went to bed early for one...(early as in 1)...

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 09:47:45
    Does anyone know if the update will include new achievements?
  • andytheadequate 4 Oct 2012 09:59:50 8,181 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I tried to join you acid but I was having connection issues I think. Joined a game and it wouldn't stop lagging...it was only 2 v 2 though...I blame the vip code for the lack of numbers.

I still need to finish my farm. Might wait till the patch for the crops though as it adds a few news ones.
  • AcidSnake 4 Oct 2012 10:10:55 7,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw you come online a split second before I turned off the 360...Not sure if you jumped into a game with me...

I had consistently full games, lots of low level players too...

• ubergine 4 Oct 2012 10:27:35 2,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Fantomex They stated early on that new achievements would only come with paid DLC. Whether that mean we'll be getting mod-based DLC or whatever at some point, no one knows. The focus seems to be on racing the game forward to 1.2, although I wouldn't be surprised if some substantial paid DLC appears before then.

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 11:57:37
    I am assuming it's pigs and other animals that are trampling my crops, can I stop this? I put a fence up, but they just spawn inside. I want to make more cakes damn it pigs! Be reasonable.
  • AcidSnake 4 Oct 2012 11:59:58 7,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Apostle:
    One very difficult but effective strategy is befriending more than 20 wolves...No more animals in the world!...

Stumbled across that limit by chance and had to slay three of my wolves to get other animals back...

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 12:08:53
    Haha, interesting strategy. Thanks :)

I've not seen any wolves for a while, mind you I normally cower indoors or sleep through the night. Will make an effort and go get some wolf buddies, at least til I have plenty of wheat.
  • Page

of 69 First / Last