Minecraft XBLA Page 53

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• AcidSnake 20 Sep 2012 20:40:48 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damn...
    Well we've got to figure out a way to test if instances of carts stay in the game and it's some other glitch that removes the carts, or we're going to have to switch to using chests...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• ubergine 21 Sep 2012 01:54:36 2,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mobs ride in carts by the way. Perhaps your carts are disapearing from a station which is accessible by hostile or passive mobs?

I have a track with two ends at one end. One of them is up a very high tower, the momentum from which powered the cart for a long time until I found enough gold. The second one is at the bottom of the tower, just sittin on the grass. A cart left at the top one never seems to wander off but the bottom one, even though it has to go up a one-block slope, tends to disappear. I had read about mobs riding carts before and did finally see a pig get in and ride it away.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• AcidSnake 21 Sep 2012 09:17:27 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Our stations are pretty well blocked to keep mobs boarding...The one at the village for sure and the one at the central station heading to the village too...

I still think it's because every now and then the system glitches and doesn't send the other cart off making both carts lodge into place, making them become darker and having them clip through each other which after a while makes them disappear...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• S.J.Rogers 21 Sep 2012 09:56:00 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    Mobs ride in carts by the way. Perhaps your carts are disapearing from a station which is accessible by hostile or passive mobs?

I have a track with two ends at one end. One of them is up a very high tower, the momentum from which powered the cart for a long time until I found enough gold. The second one is at the bottom of the tower, just sittin on the grass. A cart left at the top one never seems to wander off but the bottom one, even though it has to go up a one-block slope, tends to disappear. I had read about mobs riding carts before and did finally see a pig get in and ride it away.
    That always makes me smile.

I was riding a cart from one island to another, the other day. Half way along the connecting bridge a cart with a sheep came from the other direction and nocked me off the track.
    The funny thing was that the sheep kept going and just went off into the distance with a baaa...
  • CrimsonSoul 21 Sep 2012 13:05:48 23 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm excited for the challenge of some superflat survival when the update finally hits. Wish it would hurry up!

Bit disappointed as I've just read on the wiki that upside down stairs weren't added until after 1.9.
  • Mr-Brett 21 Sep 2012 14:32:23 12,896 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trying to survive in a superflat world is not a challenge it's madness! :)

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• CrimsonSoul 21 Sep 2012 14:44:30 23 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, a frantic rush to find some resources in a blacksmiths chest before the slimes overwhelm you. Even finding a sapling is a fist pump achievement!

I did try it in hardcore mode a few times but a few deaths put me off that idea.
  • 4gate 21 Sep 2012 14:58:49 362 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Regards finding more gold for powered tracks, I've dug out 2 large mines at bedrock level, each 5 wide x 4 high x about600, and find enough gold in the solid rock to run powered lines along both (with a power/redstone torch every 8 normal tracks), as you not only find it in solid rock but also hack through to deep caves you may not have previously found. And an absurd amount of redstone, 3 full large chests now.

Edited by 4gate at 14:59:37 21-09-2012
  • AcidSnake 21 Sep 2012 15:22:23 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think we still have a reserve of gold somewhere, it's just that we slowly moved operations away from the railway and abandoned it...

The absurd amount needed to push empty carts along won't be needed if indeed we go for the chest solution...
    But again, first I'd like to experiment leaving empty carts in unloaded chunks for a while...

• ubergine 21 Sep 2012 15:59:25 2,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, I have coordinates for roughly 180 blocks of gold. I stopped writing them down after that.

That's enough to make 180 powered rails which, if you are placing them every 8 steps, would go across the world and back again I would think.

Edited by ubergine at 15:59:58 21-09-2012

• Khanivor 21 Sep 2012 17:25:14 41,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I put carts in chests. There's loads more iron than gold, ergo.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 21 Sep 2012 19:02:12 2,459 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Me too. Although I must remember to place more carts in the chests again, as i've taken most of them off somewhere...

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• andytheadequate 21 Sep 2012 19:05:00 8,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pride won't let acid use carts in chests...
  • AcidSnake 21 Sep 2012 19:33:11 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not pride, it's the idea of a mass transit system where any guest without knowledge of the whereabouts of the chest can find him or herself integrated into our world without the need for much time to traverse but also to allow easy transport for all builders in our world who might present themselves with a full inventory and subsequently can't make room to fit in a cart not to mention the aesthetic beauty of such a transit system and the qualities of...Yeah, it's pride...

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 21 Sep 2012 19:44:03 2,459 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think it may be a fear of being defeated. You'd think there would be some way of automating a transport system within Minecraft. But I don't think there is. And I think Acid may well not like the idea that somethings just aren't possible....

...like hearing the word 'repair tool' and NOT have THOSE memories flood past his eyes.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Mr-Brett 21 Sep 2012 19:45:36 12,896 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Talking of pride, I'm quite proud of my solution to the indent station.

Look no indent! and this is the second version, the first one (linked somewhere else in the thread) would only send you in one direction and used 3 sticky pistons per direction, this one only uses 2!

Ok a slightly more realistic option:

The main problem with this design is that if you're coming from the wrong direction then you'll pass straight past the station.

• AcidSnake 21 Sep 2012 19:46:42 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /stares off into the distance

• AcidSnake 21 Sep 2012 19:49:47 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Brett:
    What are those white blocks? Snow?

Tomorrow I'll start experimenting and see if we can have a solution like that...

• Mr-Brett 21 Sep 2012 19:54:16 12,896 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They're blocks of iron, are they in the 360 one? no great loss if not since they don't really have a purpose, perhaps for more efficient storage since you can combine 9 pieces of iron to make one and I believe that stack up to 64 like everything else.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 21 Sep 2012 20:00:50 39,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Talking of pride, I'm quite proud of my solution to the indent station.

Look no indent! and this is the second version, the first one (linked somewhere else in the thread) would only send you in one direction and used 3 sticky pistons per direction, this one only uses 2!

Ok a slightly more realistic option:

The main problem with this design is that if you're coming from the wrong direction then you'll pass straight past the station.
    Do you have detector rails in the 360 version? Stick it next to the junction and it'll flip every time you ride over it on a minecart.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• andytheadequate 21 Sep 2012 21:07:58 8,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are you back online tomorrow acid? Looking forward to getting back on minecraft.

Perhaps we should have two EG worlds on the go, ours and a new one after the patch hosted by someone else so that whoever is online there is a world people can join.
  • Khanivor 21 Sep 2012 21:17:36 41,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd be happy to leave my damn 360 on all the time if it can be confirmed that the game won't time out. I'd also need to get gold again but it's a good impetus.

@ acid - I put my crates next to railheads. If folks can't figure out to have a gander in them for something to ride, well...
  • AcidSnake 21 Sep 2012 22:10:01 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @andy:
    I should be back online, yes...I've got Minecraft and Dead Island on the agenda :)

@Khanivor:
    We've yet to see you in our world! Also leaving the 360 on would be a waste of electricity I think also when you're not around people couldn't sleep...

• Khanivor 21 Sep 2012 22:13:23 41,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My gold ran out a few months back and I've not reupped. I know no one be able to sleep but that would be the sacrifice for having an always on world. The electricity wouldn't be a waste.
  • AcidSnake 21 Sep 2012 22:47:39 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "I'ma holla at ya,String"...

Sorry,natural reaction to the word 'reupped' :)

• Khanivor 21 Sep 2012 22:55:54 41,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What?

/scratches arm
  • Mr-Brett 21 Sep 2012 23:03:37 12,896 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Do you have detector rails in the 360 version? Stick it next to the junction and it'll flip every time you ride over it on a minecart.
    We do but they're not really reliable in that capacity. If you're going to fast the switch doesn't happen quick enough. Also if you're approaching from the correct direction the detector will switch the junction to be wrong.

• ubergine 22 Sep 2012 19:31:19 2,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, I thought it would be a snap to go mine diamonds/gold/moss stone in acidworld but hadn't counted on how much more dangerous it is to go caving when you aren't the host. You can't control saving and loading anymore so death and resource management become serious business!

Weird lag issues or glitches also make death more likely. You take hits from mobs that are not displayed as in range, I had a problem with invisible lava flow (which was luckily right near a waterfall, could have been a real problem) and combat can be really dicey. Luckily, because Acid likes to pass every night in bed, I had put beds in various places underground so when I did inevitably get killed, I respawned very close by and go my stuff back.

Going was really slow though. Only got a few bits of gold, did get a mess of diamonds though (found an all new vein of six too) and lit up one monster spawner (x235 y13 z-329).

Acid quit out suddenly though so I think I'm in or near a bedroom underground. I'm not sure if the stuff I gathered is in a chest or in my inventory.

Edited by ubergine at 19:35:01 22-09-2012

• AcidSnake 23 Sep 2012 13:10:21 7,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ubergine:
    Yeah sorry about jumping out suddenly but dinner had to be made if I wanted to continue breathing :)

I've made a new railway that leads from the village to the stadium/leolian's spire...And I've started construction on the cobblestone factory/tree farm...Almost done with the digging then to actually build it...

• andytheadequate 23 Sep 2012 15:00:28 8,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You going to be back on later, acid?
  • Page

of 69 First / Last